Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Re: Getting fed up with modern gaming.

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

One thing I will say about censoring these games- I do worry a bit about Catherine: Full Body. While certain parts (such as glasses that show everyone in their underwear) I don't expect to make it to the US anyways, I do wonder if they will affect this game.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

If Sony says no I hope they Move it to Switch.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:One thing I will say about censoring these games- I do worry a bit about Catherine: Full Body. While certain parts (such as glasses that show everyone in their underwear) I don't expect to make it to the US anyways, I do wonder if they will affect this game.

As has been mentioned, regional censorship of this sort of stuff usually comes back to character ages (or apparent ages). While Rin does appear to be on the younger side, she doesn't look like a kid.
There's also context. Seeing everyone in their underwear is different than one-on-one groping sessions. Literally, that was what got cut from the PS4 version of Burst Re:newal 2. Not the general gameplay where clothes disappear with damage. That might be another difference with Reflexions, actually - it only features a few characters from the roster, all of which have more grown up appearance. Having a grope mode with Mirai or Kagura, however, is potentially problematic, and would be something that Intimacy Mode would have included.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Even then, I dont even understand the appeal of a grope mode on a screen anyway.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or Switch. It is not because I am against modern gaming. It is not because I can't afford the consoles. It is because I reached a saturation point. By that I mean owning so many video games - which I have not played yet - that to continue to add more to the pile seems excessive and obscene. There are some PS4 games I'd like to have, but even so, I'm fine with waiting. I barely bought any video games this year compared to previous years.

My goal for next year is to not buy a single video game. I plan to take the whole year off from buying video games, and just focus on actually playing what I already have. I may buy a PS4 at the end of 2019, and start buying PS4 games in 2020. But for now, enough's really enough.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

You know, not many people realise this, but there was a case a long time ago when Sony opted to censor a game and Nintendo didn't.

BMX XXX on the PS2 was censored. It was not on the Gamecube (you know, that 'kiddy' console).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

pierrot wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Dikdikvandik wrote:Western games, how 3 companies seem to think they are the industry and stuff I'm forgetting.

Wait.... What 3 companies believe they are the industry and what makes you come to that conclusion?

I don't really want to speak for anyone here, and I'm pretty out of touch with modern gaming, but I would imagine EA and Activision are two of the three, anyway. I assume he's alluding to certain anti-consumer practices like loot boxes, and microtransactions being implemented with relative impunity, and not being met with greater decline in consumer confidence, as some might expect.

While I would certainly agree that the current state of gaming for Western AAA publishers like Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., EA, and Take-Two is increasingly becoming more and more problematic, the nature of the internet's open store-front means that an informed consumer has the tools they need to go to the indie market instead. The accessibility to older games and high quality indie games has never been easier for either console or PC users. For anyone who doesn't want to give a money to a company they don't like, modern gaming has avenues to give anyone the opportunity to both "vote with their wallet" while still having more than enough games than they could ever complete.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Exhuminator wrote:I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or Switch. It is not because I am against modern gaming. It is not because I can't afford the consoles. It is because I reached a saturation point. By that I mean owning so many video games - which I have not played yet - that to continue to add more to the pile seems excessive and obscene. There are some PS4 games I'd like to have, but even so, I'm fine with waiting. I barely bought any video games this year compared to previous years.

My goal for next year is to not buy a single video game. I plan to take the whole year off from buying video games, and just focus on actually playing what I already have. I may buy a PS4 at the end of 2019, and start buying PS4 games in 2020. But for now, enough's really enough.

I'm basically at the "saturation point" too. But there are still a few reasons I still buy new stuff:

1) When digital-only games get limited physical releases, such as Fox N' Forests. These tend to defy the usual economics of games nose-diving in price a few months after release (for instance physical copies of Thimbleweed Park go for $60 average on eBay).

2) When I want to "vote with my money" because a game characterizes something I want to see more of. So I bought Sonic Mania Plus, Wild Guns Reloaded, and Mega Man 11 brand new.

3) When a bunch of people I know will be playing a multiplayer game together. I got the 2015 Super Smash Bros brand new for that reason. I've also pre-ordered Smash Bros. Ultimate.