LH21's backlog - Help me pick stuff to play!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

LH21's backlog - Help me pick stuff to play!

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Hey guys!

I was thinking about how cool AJ's backlog challenge idea was really neat, and I really wanted to do it for myself! Sorry if maybe I shouldn't be making my own thread for this but here we go anyway ha. I can always close this and move it if it's a problem (Oh and go check out AJ's thread here: http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=51680)

For those who aren't aware, basically the idea is that you would check out my backlog and pick something that you really think I should play. It's basically just a way to get a list of games to prioritise :)

Rules and stuff!
1. Go to my backloggery page https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=laurenhiya21&status=1 and pick something you want me to beat

2. Try and pick only one or two games per person please. No point in doing this if the list just ends up being my whole backlog :P If I go through everyone's suggestions then feel free to pick some more!

3. Your choices shouldn't be any Saturn, Xbox, Xbox360, or XboxOne games. I don't have a Saturn yet, and the others aren't hooked up (and won't be for a while) so it would just end up being a wasted vote. If I get a Saturn or if I hook up any of those consoles, then feel free to suggest games on them :)

4. There's no guarantee that I will beat the game you suggest! I will give every suggestion a shot and I'll try and prioritize your suggestions over most other games, but I am pretty picky and sometimes it only takes an hour for me to decide I don't like a game. I don't purposefully buy games I know I won't like, but not every game is a winner for me. This is why I'm allowing one or two initial suggestions :)

5. There's also no guarantee that I'll beat your game super quickly! Depending on what other people pick and what I feel like playing first from the list, it might take a bit for me to get to your suggestion. Also if you pick something that is very difficult (wether because of difficult gameplay or because it's in Japanese), then it might also take a while for me to beat your suggestion. Just something to keep in mind.

Again, here is my backloggery link and it will be interested to see what you guys suggest!
https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=laurenhiya21&status=1

Your picks
Metroid Prime, Jet Set Radio - CFFJR
Golden Sun, Little King's Story - alienjesus
Devil Dice, Legend of Mana - pierrot
Witcher 3 - akaMike
Dragon's Crown, GUN - Forlorn Drifter
Xenogears - Ack
Last edited by laurenhiya21 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: LH21's backlog - Help me pick stuff to play!

Post by CFFJR »

Gonna go with Metroid Prime. I prefer Prime 2, but you have to start from the top.

And for a second, Jet Set Radio.

And I'm sorry if you end up not liking them, but at least they are very different.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I’m going to suggest you play Golden Sun for GBA - it’s a favourite of mine. If we’re being allowed 2, I’ll also suggest Little King’s Story for Wii which I think is a criminally forgotten game which is amazing.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Thanks guys! I'll add them to the list :D

CFFJR wrote:And I'm sorry if you end up not liking them, but at least they are very different.

Ah yeah I'm not expecting anybody to try and pick things according to my taste. Just something that stands out to you :)
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Devil Dice!!! I lived with a exchange student for a year, in college, who had Xi (Devil Dice) on her cellphone that she brought with her from Japan (I don't really know why) and got completely hooked on the game. Sadly, at the time I was only able to get Bombastic ( or Xi-go; Get it? 'saigo'--lol--they even ended up releasing another Xi game after it :lol: ) which is not nearly as good as the PS1 version. The puzzle mode is fantastic, the gameplay is great, the chaining is fast and frantic; One of the best puzzle games out there.

Second choice would be Legend of Mana. I love that game. It's especially good if you miss pop-up story books at all, and the soundtrack is exceptional.
akaMike

Post by akaMike »

You still haven't played The Witcher 3? If so, I can't recommend it enough. It's got hours upon hours of content, and that isn't even including the two DLCs. I sunk about 80 hours into it my first playthrough.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Dragons Crown- arguably my favorite modern beat em up, and honestly the game that got me into the genre as someone meone who is still doing very poorly on the retro side of things.

I'd also suggest GUN, because I've come to love that game a lot. My first M rated game, and one of the small handful of western titles.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

I know you're not big on horror, so I won't go with my first impulse and tell you to play through System Shock 2. Instead, I'll try to consider your taste and say...

Xenogears for PlayStation
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :D

pierrot wrote:Devil Dice!!! I lived with a exchange student for a year, in college, who had Xi (Devil Dice) on her cellphone that she brought with her from Japan (I don't really know why) and got completely hooked on the game. Sadly, at the time I was only able to get Bombastic ( or Xi-go; Get it? 'saigo'--lol--they even ended up releasing another Xi game after it :lol: ) which is not nearly as good as the PS1 version. The puzzle mode is fantastic, the gameplay is great, the chaining is fast and frantic; One of the best puzzle games out there.

I didn't know that it was on phones (assuming old flip phones?)! Not that I would want to play it like that but I find that pretty neat.

akaMike wrote:You still haven't played The Witcher 3? If so, I can't recommend it enough. It's got hours upon hours of content, and that isn't even including the two DLCs. I sunk about 80 hours into it my first playthrough.

No I haven't haha. I know how much people like it, but with so many games it's hard to get to them all. Also you can pick another if you like :)

Ack wrote:I know you're not big on horror, so I won't go with my first impulse and tell you to play through System Shock 2. Instead, I'll try to consider your taste and say...

Xenogears for PlayStation

I mean, you can pick both if you want ha. It's true that I'm not big on horror, but it is in my library so I would probably be playing it eventually. These recommendations are more to help me know what to focus on first. If I don't end up liking it, I just won't play that much of it.