Looking for something to play...

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Looking for something to play...

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I spent 3 days trying to get into Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise but I'm not feeling it. I LOVE Yakuza, I like Fist of the North star, but both together not so much.
It's just Kiryu cosplaying as Kenshiro while everybody else is themselves.

I was also attempting Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I wasn't feeling that or it's expansion.

Senran kagura reflexions is a nice diversion while I wait for something but I really just bought it as a middle finger to Sony and to show that YES consenting adults want these kinds of games.

I did pick up Hover on Swtich, Jet Set Radio it's not. It's Fun to mess around in the open world trying to do tricks, but It's not the game I expected it to be.

Other than that I'm just messing around with some Arcade games on Swtich, and Playing Splatoon 2.

I need something meaty to play, Like a really GOOD RPG or an FPS that isn't that AAA Mass Market garbage.

Only games on my radar right now is Smash, and The Caligula Effect Overdose on Swtich. Soul Calibur VI I'm waiting for a price drop or complete edition since there's a Season Pass. I might pick up DMC5 and Sekrio: Shadows die twice is a must own for me...unless Activision, Activisions it up.
Ack

Re: Looking for something to play...

Post by Ack »

All of this sounds newer, and I'm not familiar with it. What older stuff do you have access to?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Discount campaign coming up for FFXI. Can get the whole thing for $9.99 with first month included.

>.>

<.<

From some of what you mentioned, if you haven't yet played Nioh that might be something to consider.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Ack wrote:All of this sounds newer, and I'm not familiar with it. What older stuff do you have access to?

Super Famicom (but not SNES), NES and Famicom, Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamecube. I have a Genesis but I got an Everdrive so....

isiolia wrote:Discount campaign coming up for FFXI. Can get the whole thing for $9.99 with first month included.

>.>

<.<

From some of what you mentioned, if you haven't yet played Nioh that might be something to consider.

I never got around to Nioh, I'm not really a Dark Souls fan so I passed it when it first came out, that and at the time Nier Automata was just coming out and I played the shit out of that game.

Some Modern stuff I like

Doom 2016
Yakuza
The Warriors series (I guess I could pick up Orochi 4 but an update is probably incoming)
Nier Automata
Persona 5
Splatoon 2
Mario Odyssey
Senran Kagura (Won't get Renewal since Sony is censoring it, But I really like Boobie games I might import)
No More Heroes and pretty much anything Suda 51

Favorite RPGs
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears

I love shmups and I have most of the ones on Switch.
Last edited by Dikdikvandik on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel it is.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Ack wrote:Gundam Wing: Endless Duel it is.

I Own it :lol: I grabbed it almost the second I grabbed a Super Famicom.
Battle Tycoon is a good time too.
I also have Osu Karate Bu which...is just ok.
Last Super Famicom game I got was Axelay which is super cheap compared to the US Version... I suck at it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Dikdikvandik wrote:I never got around to Nioh, I'm not really a Dark Souls fan so I passed it when it first came out, that and at the time Nier Automata was just coming out and I played the shit out of that game.

Dark Souls really isn't a great comparison for Nioh. There are some similar elements, but it draws as much (or more) from the likes of Diablo and Ninja Gaiden as well. Very much its own thing, with quite a lot to do if you get into it, and it's come down in price. Depending on what you don't like about DS, you also might like Bloodborne.

Might consider taking a look at Deception IV if you haven't. PS4 version is also pretty cheap these days, with a bunch of added content. Got your slightly twisted story with some actual unique gameplay.

Or if you just want more middling hallway brawlers featuring boobs, there are plenty of Onechanbara games. :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

There's always Dragon Quest XI.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Bloodborne was one of my first PS4 games.

I died before the end of the first area where everyone is paradeing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

This is mostly a retro gaming community... at least usually.

So since you have an NES and like shmups, it's time to play S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team

Image[Image

God Level OST: https://youtu.be/j_6OcTIp_qY