Is this a legit sealed game?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Is this a legit sealed game?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Been a while since i bought a game that has an alternate cover + manual on the outside of the case. Happens every so often here in Canada. Not sure about the US. I only payed $4 for it (lol) but ...

https://imgur.com/a/E9sXAOZ

.. legit?

I forget if games like this had factory yfolds or not. I do plan on opening it but i don't want to if it isn't legit. It might cause problems if i try to return it..
Last edited by SuperDerpBro on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Is this a legit sealed game.

Post by emwearz »

I have a few sealed PS3 games all have the folds (yfolds) on the top and bottom.

Does the game have French writing on the back? Maybe it is a region thing with Canadian multi-language advertising, french manual needing to be included?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Dude, I can’t hardly see the game you bought. I assume you’re showing pictures of the seams on the heatshrink, right?

Looks fine to me. I’m not saying it cannot possibly be resealed. Truth is, those heatshrink wrapping machines aren’t that hard to operate. Anyone who takes the time to practice can operate one.

The real question: who the heck is faking wrapping PS3 games? I mean... I know that shady people sometimes try to pull that bull on rare NES games. They’re turning a forty dollar item into a hundred dollar item. That’s a crummy trick, but it makes financial sense. On the other hand, it doesn’t make any financial sense to play that trick with a four dollar PS3 game.

I wouldn’t really be that worried about it.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Heh.. that game is Skyrim. I didn't think it mattered what game you where looking at.

I bought a fake sealed Rayman Origins last year. Thought it was cool until i opened it months later. Had shelf wear (That i couldn't see until opening) and you could tell the manual was handled roughly. Finger print on the inside of the case and thankfully i mint disc. I payed $17 more than a used copy. Worth it if you're an asshole able to reseal games and dont care about your ebay account. Or the seller bought some resealed games and didnt know.

emwearz wrote:I have a few sealed PS3 games all have the folds (yfolds) on the top and bottom.

Does the game have French writing on the back? Maybe it is a region thing with Canadian multi-language advertising, french manual needing to be included?

Yes the extra cover has English and French. Pretty sure the copy i bought way back when the game was new had the same dealio. Was 360 though.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

samsonlonghair wrote:The real question: who the heck is faking wrapping PS3 games? I mean... I know that shady people sometimes try to pull that bull on rare NES games. They’re turning a forty dollar item into a hundred dollar item. That’s a crummy trick, but it makes financial sense. On the other hand, it doesn’t make any financial sense to play that trick with a four dollar PS3 game.

Stuff isn't always reshrunk with the intention of passing it off as never having been opened. While "new" status may be debatable, it could be a gut copy or return Shrinking it both preserves whatever state it was in, and means that a return/exchange policy based on if it's opened or not can still apply.

While I recall new PS3 games having the folds, I also agree that it could have been opened at a distribution center to swap manuals or add an insert or whatever too.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Is this a legit sealed game?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I'll just open it and find out heh. Only a few Loonies but i thought i ask beforehand :D
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

It matters because for a game like Fist of the North Star on PS4 in the US they used heat shrink wrapping so they would seal in the stickers. So it seemed like someone opened it and reshrinked and they did such a sloppy job they partially melted the game case clear cover plastic. For once I actually switch the game out with another case as it looked terrible. Point is even shrink wrap like this can be legit but it may have some odd circumstance as to why. I also know stores like Gamestop have been known to shrink wrap gutted games. I don't remember if it's common or not but has happened.

Lastly why even get Skyrim on PS3? It's a broken unplayable mess and not talking Bugthesda typical brokeness.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I buy all kinds of dumb shit on ebay while drunk. $4 CAD is what $0.57 USD? Why the heck not :P

I got like 500 hours into the 360 version i payed $70 CAD for way back when hehe
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

SuperDerpBro wrote:I buy all kinds of dumb shit on ebay while drunk. $4 CAD is what $0.57 USD? Why the heck not :P

:lol: I thought Canadians just barter in maple syrup for currency! :lol:
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

After the big heist, we've been forced to use regular currency.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage