Can anyone recognise this console?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Cedman

Can anyone recognise this console?

Post by Cedman »

Hi guys, new to this site so please excuse me if I break any protocols here...

Just wondering if anyone can recognise what this console is?

pegasus.png
pegasus.png (214.04 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

The guy who wants to sell it to me says its a "Pegasus" (NES clone) but I did some google searching on Pegasus and none of the images that come up look like this unit. Would really apprecaite anyone's help here.

Thanks guys! :-)
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Can anyone recognise this console?

Post by samsonlonghair »

There are a great many famiclones shaped like the PSOne. None of them are of good quality. I would pass unless you’re specifically collecting a bunch of different famiclones.

My guess is that this is a Polystation III. Btw, I always found this page helpful:
http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/famiclones.htm

This should help you identify which famiclone you’re seeing.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Honestly I wouldn't buy any Famiclone unless it's made by Hyperkin, RetroUSB, or a similar (relatively) reputable company.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'd agree almost entirely with Elkin there, but I would recommend one as a handheld, the FC Mobile 88. Yes it only takes Famicom carts, but you could use an adapter yet that would get kind of tall. It though has excellent support for all standard mappers and many/most of the specialized JP region stuff including most the Konami and Namco mappers too (but not all, no VRC6+7, or the Namco variant in Final Lap Twin.) The screen is better than a fair many I've seen, good audio, and seems to run like forever on just a few AAA batteries which is crazy. I got one of those Super Games 500in1 modern multicarts with mine from a local and it just basically stays in there unless I need/want to play a FC cart I have not on it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Do not buy this unless you collect Famiclones for some bizarre reason. These things suck bad. They even tend to smell bad, no joke. Avoid.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

JoeAwesome & I once found a FamiClone at a thrift ... it was shaped like a penguin and ended up not working.

0 for 1 for me.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Jagosaurus wrote:JoeAwesome & I once found a FamiClone at a thrift ... it was shaped like a penguin and ended up not working.

0 for 1 for me.

I remember when they used to sell those penguin famiclones at a kiosk in my mall years ago. I’m thinking it was around Christmas season 2006~ish. I tried one out. The controls were terrible. They had a wired controller and an infrared wireless controller. Both versions felt like lumpy mush in my hands. Yuck!