Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Wii U USB problems - NOT JUST ABOUT POWER...

by marurun Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:52 pm

I agree that Nintendo made some questionable choices with the WiiU. It does sound like their means of handling external media is troubled. That kind of flaw would indeed affect my decision to even get a used system.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:54 pm

I don't have any problems from mine (and I threw all the external files for Xenoblade Chronicles X on a cheap flash drive), but I have no doubt that some just don't play nice. I've seen that on other systems, too.

So, I'm curious: how large an SD card can you use with the system? It seems like that would be a good way around quite a few of these issues, assuming the system can support really large capacities. Granted, it won't approach what you can get with an external hard drive, but I can't see having enough digital titles to fill that sort of space up.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:54 pm

No issue going up to 128gig. Some brand issues going to 256. I do not know of anyone with a 512 or 1tb in it.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:09 pm

I think the SD card is for the Wii portion of the console. I could be wrong.
Return to General Gaming