Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

by Xeogred Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Sload Soap wrote:Sekiro looks amazing, can't wait. The transforming arm gimmick looks like it'll have a lot of uses. Only concern there is Activision as publisher, might be unfounded but they are pretty greasy.

Yeah I don't like seeing this team up either. I'm trying to remind myself that Activision did have Platinum cook up some of those licensed Transformers/TMNT titles... hopefully Sekiro is just a one shot. And if I remember correctly, From Software is working on 2-3 titles right now so it's interesting to wonder what else they're cooking up. I don't think we'll see Dark Souls anytime soon again but I'm sure Namco's going to want more at some point and they have a good partnership the Sony exclusives here and there. Who could have predicted a decade ago though that From would be in such a high position now, heh.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Speaking of From, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Devolver has been seemingly teasing something related to Metal Wolf Chaos. I'm hopeful.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Microsoft show was good actually, it was fun to see them pull the "joke" gears of war + funko pop game and then say "btw here is gears 5". Not a fan of the series myself but this kind of stuff makes conferences fun to watch.

Still theres not much i want to play from that conference besides devil may cry, cuphead dlc and battletoads and none of them got any gameplay. Neither did fallout 76 as soon i saw Tod on stage i was hyped. I just want to see gameplay on bethesda show.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Bethesda killing it!!

DOOM ETERNAL revealed
Rage 2 looks awesome
Prey Mooncrash out NOW!
Wolfenstein II sequel with BJ's twin daughters and single player / co-op, more sci-fi?
Elder Scrolls Blades looks awesome
Starfield (single player!) finally announced, I hope it's basically Bethesda's Mass Effect / Star Wars
Elder Scrolls VI announced, lol
Fallout 76 still looks perplexing with how the story telling really works, but I'm curious about it. It will be online based.
Fallout shelter coming to everything or something.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Im a bit mixed on Fallout 76 but it seems they took the settlement sections of FO4 and added multiplayer functionality around that. They are saying you can still play it solo but they want to try a game like with multiplayer... to see what happens. Im not a huge fan of betas but i really really want to try the fallout beta ASAP.

I dig the bethesda show, they dont take themselfs too serious and thats cool on me. Kinda the contrary of EA or microsoft.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Metal Wolf Chaos coming to Xbone, PS4, and PC!
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 am

Yeah, Bethesda's announcements were all pretty impressive.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 am

noiseredux wrote:Yeah, Bethesda's announcements were all pretty impressive.

Like the return of text based gaming? (sorta)

Hopefully the mentioned-in-passing new IP and ESVI are next-gen via a new engine, as that's pretty overdue.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

wait, Alexa Skyrim is a really thing? That's.... I thought it was a joke, haha. I'm totally going to play it.

I feel like they used the words "next generation" when they mentioned that new sci-fi game, and I'd wager TES6 would come out after that so my money is on it being a new engine, yeah.

I also don't even know how Bethesda does it with Elder Scrolls Online. It's not really a great MMO, but they keep pumping out expansions interesting enough that I seem to throw money at ESO on an annual basis now. Ugh.

I'm also happy that they're bringing Elder Scrolls Legends to consoles. I played A LOT of post-Hearthstone CCG's, and honestly ESL is the only one that felt like a true successor. (Duelyst absolutely ruled, but that's more a strategy/board game than a CCG game). The other thing is that Hearthstone in 2018 is just... there's just such a meta to it that I can't get back into it. ESL is still young enough to feel fresh.

And I think it's cool that they're supporting Prey 2017 w/ new content. I don't feel like the game blew the doors off commercially, but it was a really cool game and I'm glad to see that it's not just going to be buried and forgotten.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am

I caught part of the Microsoft show at E3. I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I did see the trailer for Gears 5. I think it’s interesting that they’re dropping “of War” from the title. My fiancé is hyped! She loves that franchize, but she’s not sold on the Spinoffs yet. She says Gears Tactics looks dumb to her.

I heard some commentator mention the game Tunic (which I must have missed) so I looked up the trailer. Tunic looks like a cool omage to classic Legend of Zelda games. Reminds me of Dot Game Heroes, but with a smoother visual presentation. I could legitimately dig this game. I might just have to blow the dust off the XBOne to play Tunic. I hope it’s a physical release, not a download-only title.
Return to General Gaming