Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

by Xeogred Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 am

Reprise wrote:There was some woman who got WAY too excited about Anthem. It was some of the fakest shit I have ever seen, but maybe that's just normal? (I haven't really ever watched E3 before)

Speaking of Anthem, it looks like Destiny mixed with Titanfall and didn't wow me. It looks meh. The most pathetic thing about it was the biggest cheer came from EA actually having to say that there will be no loot boxes and no pay to win microtransactions.

Sounds like normal E3, always brings some cringe and EA's conferences are generally the worst.

If Anthem flops it's probably the end of Bioware. I don't like Destiny or "living games" at all so I have zero interest, a shame to see them all forced on this. Outside of Mass Effect 2-3 their games have never been technically impressive or very refined, but they strive in characters/storytelling... which is probably the last thing Anthem will focus on. I think this game is going to be beyond their limits and turn out pretty messy. They've been trickling in updates for years now and it just looks utterly generic.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:51 am

So Kingdom Hearts 3 wont be out this year. :cry:

But I'll plenty of time to play through all the PS4 remasters. I just recently beat Chain of Memories for the first time. I never like the card battle system but I finally powered through it.

EDIT: There is a big spoiler at the end of the E3 trailer. Be aware if you watch it.
Last edited by bmoc on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm

FROM SOFTWARE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPknmiLxGo

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is set to release sometime in 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Sekiro looks amazing and isn't something I was expecting. Combat looks a lot faster than From Software's usual stuff, which should be an interesting change of pace.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm

We got a Cyberpunk trailer. I really hope we get some more info soon. The trailer makes me think set protagonist, which is a bit disappointing, but I'll take it if the character is as well based as Geralt. Since it's a new character, we should have full choice to act as we wish.

Microsoft had a good showing, and acquisition of Ninja Theory actually surprised me. Though, again, many of the exclusives were "launch" exclusives, which IMO will hurt their cred again this year.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 pm

I think Devil May Cry 5 stole the show for me. Good riddance DmC, the real stuff is BACK. Bayo's in trouble. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEcLHXeDmg

My prediction is that Sony has the reveal on Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Microsoft had a good showing, and acquisition of Ninja Theory actually surprised me. Though, again, many of the exclusives were "launch" exclusives, which IMO will hurt their cred again this year.

Yeah, the show itself was top notch but they still don't really have any new major exclusives to show off and Phil makes it seem like they're still pushing to focus on a global approach to platforms rather than sticking strictly to Xbox, which in some ways seems a little counter productive? Seems like they're putting some gloves on though and are doing well... but I don't know if I see their position changing much going forward. Sony can't get too lazy now though.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:06 pm

New Battletoads on Xbox One in 2019!

Too bad there is no gameplay footage yet. :(
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Anybody else get a Breath of the Wild vibe from Halo 6 Infinite?
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Hard to gather much from the Halo Infinite trailer other than it's set on a halo for once. I hope it does borrow from Breathe of the Wild insofar as Halo is a very stale series at this point and needs a kick up the arse.

Sekiro looks amazing, can't wait. The transforming arm gimmick looks like it'll have a lot of uses. Only concern there is Activision as publisher, might be unfounded but they are pretty greasy. Happy that Nier Automata is coming to Xbox as well. Quite a Japanese influence on this conference, with DMCV and that Jump Heroes getting announced as well as Kingdom Hearts III (which looks embarrassing).

Elsewhere, Forza Horizon 4 sure does look like a Forza game. It's set in the UK which piques my interest somewhat but Microsoft really need to lay off this franchise for a bit.
Sea of Thieves getting some more content which is nice to see. Looks like new lands and NPC pirate ships so by September it might have enough content to be classed as an actual game.

EA's conference yesterday was pretty pointless, says a lot that the most interesting announcement for me was Obi-Wan and Grievous coming to Battlefront 2. Woo. Anthem looks more like Evolve than Destiny to me and the fucking cheek of EA to position only having paid cosmetic items as somehow progressive is laughable.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Couldn’t be happier with the Microsoft show if only for the new Cuphead content. Hopefully Halo 6 multiplayer is a improvement over 5 (which I thought had good single player aside from no split screen co-op). And it would be nice if Gears 5 did something to shake up the formula a bit.
Return to General Gaming