Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

by Ack Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Watched footage of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Saw Typewriter.

Awesome.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:37 pm

I watched the Smash Bros. announcement last night. You gotta give it to Nintendo. They catch a lot of flack for not listening to their customers (and they’re not the only video game company that presumes to tell the consumer what they want to buy). This time I think you gotta admit that Nintendo gave the customer exactly what they asked for.

-All their old favorites
-GameCube controller support
-faster final smash animations
-Throwbacks to N64 and melee

Shoot man, that’s a good deal. I’m not a Smash fan, but I’m a fan of a company that gives the customer what they ask for. 8)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Sarge wrote:
bmoc wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - I can't decide whether to get this physical or digital. Digital would allow me to play it sooner so it will be a tough call.

I'm definitely going physical. A week early isn't enough to entice me otherwise, especially since I'm not lacking for games to play.

I missed the Nintendo stuff and am confused. I see Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country will run for $30, is this some release that includes all the previous DLC or something? Being DLC but getting a physical release... I'm confused. lol

It's cool Xenoblade 2 has gotten so much post launch support. And I never felt jipped about playing an early version and beating it at launch either! (Unlike FFXV). It'll be cool to jump back in with NG+ or something someday to see all the changes or new stuff. But if this Golden thing is standalone that's cool, I'm all over that!

Ack wrote:Watched footage of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Saw Typewriter.

Awesome.

Save rooms were basically back in RE7. This uses the same exact inventory system. I'm just crossing my fingers the original save theme pops up at some point.

Impressions I've heard from Easy Allies, is that it's way more survival again. Less action than RE4. And there are rooms that are like literally pitch black without a flashlight, which sounds amazing. So hyped!
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 pm

The physical version of Xenoblade 2: Torna the Golden Country will be standalone. You can play it without the base game. However, they are also including a code with it for the Xenoblade 2 season pass which does require the base game. The physical version looks like it will retail for $40 whereas the season pass is $30 if you were to buy it from the eShop. Buying the season pass also gets you the Torna content.

So if you haven't purchased the season pass yet, the physical version will cost you an extra $10 and you will have to wait an extra week for the Torna content.

If you want the other season pass content sooner rather than later such Poppibuster and Challenge mode, buying the season pass is the way to go.
Ack

by Ack Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 pm

There is now gameplay footage of RE2 Remake on YouTube. Leon is way less proficient with a gun. He looks like a rookie. Good
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Ack wrote:There is now gameplay footage of RE2 Remake on YouTube. Leon is way less proficient with a gun. He looks like a rookie. Good

Yeah it looks pretty badass.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

More details on From Software's Deracine:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/14/fr ... adventure/

Sounds awesome. I don't have PSVR but hopefully my friend with VR checks it out, or I'll check out some streams. Might get it down the road someday.

Oh, and Sekiro is sounding more like pure action/adventure:
"Does Not Have Classes, Stats, Or Any Online Communication"
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/13/se ... unication/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:00 am

I am pretty excited for both of From's games. I just hope Deracine doesn't stay a PSVR exclusive, I don't want to buy another headset.

I do think Sekiro is gonna have a tough time, though, even if its a 10/10 game, because people see From Action Game, and are going to (wrongly) expect Dark Souls. From what we have heard so far, Sekiro sounds far removed from that.
Return to General Gaming