Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

by pierrot Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Kingdom Hearts III actually might be the only thing I care about from this E3. I should probably put that another way, though: There's actually something presented at E3 this year that I even remotely care about, and it's apparently Kingdom Hearts III. Could just be the power Utada Hikaru has over me, though. I was kind of intrigued by it a few months ago when I saw some of the gameplay trailers. I have my qualms with the series, but it also feels like a good time for a game like KH III, for me. If I had a PS4, and it were out today, I'd potentially be playing it right now.

My improbable wish for the game would be something like a bilingual mode with the Japanese VA for the KH characters, and English VA for the Disney characters. Except, I'd also like for none of them to speak English, because I really can't stomach all the crap about "hearts," and stuff. There's some nuance to words like 'kokoro' and 'yami' that makes me a bit less prone to the feelings of illness I get from listening to the English scripts for KH games, at least.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This announcement seems to be slipping under the radar, but the new Fist of the Northstar game (developed by the Yakuza devs and this is basically a Yakuza reskin in the awesome HnK world) is coming to the US and Europe on October 2nd!

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/fist-o ... ease-date/

The trailer with English had me worried, but it will be dual audio!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Xeogred wrote:This announcement seems to be slipping under the radar, but the new Fist of the Northstar game (developed by the Yakuza devs and this is basically a Yakuza reskin in the awesome HnK world) is coming to the US and Europe on October 2nd!

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/fist-o ... ease-date/

The trailer with English had me worried, but it will be dual audio!

As someone who's played the first few chapters of the Japanese version, I can say that there are certain enemy types who I really doubt are in other Yakuza games. It is SUCH silly stupid fun, especially if you're a FotNS fan and you're okay with not taking it very seriously. The premium edition wasn't cheap, but the ability to play as Kiryuu that comes with it was TOTALLY worth it :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Here is personal hype ranking for E3 games based on how I am feeling right now:

Kingdom Hearts III - Its just looks like a ton of fun and something that I can play with my kids.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - I can't decide whether to get this physical or digital. Digital would allow me to play it sooner so it will be a tough call.
Resident Evil 2 - I was expecting this one due to leaks and the trailer knocked it out of the park. It looks great. I don't care one bit that Leon's face looks a bit different.
Ori 2 - The first game was fantastic and this looks just as good. It makes me want to play the first one again.
Cuphead DLC - I will never turn down more Cuphead content. It was brutally difficult and I loved every minute of it.
Metal Wolf Chaos - I'm excited to finally play this one after hearing about it for years.
Smash Ultimate - I skipped the Wii U version so I'll probably get this instead. Having every Smash character and then some is fantastic.

There were lots other games I liked but the games above are must buys and probably Day One purchases too.

I was disappointed but not shocked that FFVII Remake did not make an appearance. Here's to hoping for a showing at TGS. :roll:
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 am

My most hyped games for E3 are:

Cyberpunk 2077 which was mentioned several times already but I feel confident by the preview reception the games media have written about it.

Metro: Exodus because as a fan of the first two games, I’m really excited what they can do above ground. First person, single player and open world. Sign me up.

Kind of a cop out but I’m excited for Prey’s DLC which was revealed. Also the New Game + mode as well. I’ve spent about 30 hours with the game and finished it. I really liked it a lot so to do it again with carrying over things is great.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 am

casterofdreams wrote:Kind of a cop out but I’m excited for Prey’s DLC which was revealed. Also the New Game + mode as well. I’ve spent about 30 hours with the game and finished it. I really liked it a lot so to do it again with carrying over things is great.

I mean, you don't need to be excited to buy it, you can just buy it, since it's out right now.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 am

bmoc wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - I can't decide whether to get this physical or digital. Digital would allow me to play it sooner so it will be a tough call.

I'm definitely going physical. A week early isn't enough to entice me otherwise, especially since I'm not lacking for games to play.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

MrPopo wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Kind of a cop out but I’m excited for Prey’s DLC which was revealed. Also the New Game + mode as well. I’ve spent about 30 hours with the game and finished it. I really liked it a lot so to do it again with carrying over things is great.

I mean, you don't need to be excited to buy it, you can just buy it, since it's out right now.

I’m way ahead of ya. I guess what I meant to say is that I liked that it was shown and announced.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Arcade Donkey Kong is available on the Switch eShop now!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Oh shit, Telltale's doing Stranger Things!
Return to General Gaming