E3 2018 Discussion

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

Post by Melek-Ric »

bmoc wrote:Dead or Alive 6 was just announced. Seems like the female characters are mostly clothed and the over-the-top jiggle physics are absent. Guess they realized it is 2018 and a good chunk of their audience has matured. I'm all for it - I'm ready for the focus to be on the gameplay.

I just can't get excited for DOA or NG anymore. Team Ninja's work just isn't the same without Itagaki and co. DOA 4 was a complete game at launch with no DLC. DOA 5 has more DLC than any fighter ever.

From e3, I want games revealed and released this year.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

DOA was always pretty B-grade to me. It's going to need to try really hard to beat Tekken 7 and the upcoming Soul Caliber 6. But I'm pretty biased and like the Namco games' focus on combo strings and juggles, whereas DOA has always been a bit more about counter/parrying and grabs from my experience.

I like boobs but I think isiolia is right on the money, DOA5 doesn't get much coverage at all compared to other fighters and even suggestive outfits in other games get banned in tournaments, often not even half as revealing as DOA's stuff. I'm sure they'll trickle in all that stuff behind the scenes or with DLC. The amount of DLC DOA5 got was staggering... I did always want to try out Mai in DOA5 though but never got around to it.

Don't want to knock on it though, my friends and I are really into fighters again thesedays so this could be cool. I'm just ultra stoked for Soul Caliber 6 right now.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Melek-Ric wrote:From e3, I want games revealed and released this year.

Probably best to just skip the Squenix conference then :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Melek-Ric wrote:From e3, I want games revealed and released this year.

Probably best to just skip the Squenix conference then :lol:

And most of the shows actually. E3 is to make hype on games YEARS before release. (looking at you kingdom hearts). Still Bethesda usually breaks this rule, i really really want to see the new fallout game. I just hope it has some coop features instead of focusin entery on multiplayer. My only clue to believe all the rumors are fake, besides that they are just rumors, is that with fallout 4 there were strong rumors that you could only play as a male character and bethesda just let it go and then break those rumors on the E3 showing. making enfasis on how you can play as both.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

marurun

Post by marurun »

DOA has always had A-tier mechanics but B-tier popularity, in part because from the second entry on it was console-focused instead of arcade-focused. The original used a modified Virtua Fighter-style engine and the series has retained that connection. It’s not as technical as VF but is still complex by virtue of the counters. And while it isn’t juggle-crazy like Tekken or Mortal Kombat and the like, it definitely has some very satisfying combos.

Unfortunately, the new world of fighting games really is about character seasons and DLC for characters and costumes. No way to escape it. DOA5 did really take it to a ludicrous level though. I hope 6 is more level-headed about it. The last thing the scene needs is a fighting game that effectively costs $200 to play.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

The mechanics of DOA are amazing.

I never bought any of the DOA5 dlc but loved the base game itself. I didn't feel I was missing anything.
Alakhami

Post by Alakhami »

I'm really excited about Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, FF VII, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Devil May Cry 5 (if it's actually thing, I really hope it is) oh and Cyberpunk of course (I have really high hopes of CD project.) I expect Microsoft to screw up, but deep down I do hope that they offer something interesting since at this point im considering selling my xbox due to how mediocre their exclusives have been. All in all this E3 should be really exciting and I expect Sony to raise the bar even higher with their story-driven games that just seem to be allergic to genericness!
My youtube channel with in-depth game commentaries: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU63dc ... omkm9fhf1g
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Metal Wolf Chaos may see a western release! https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/8/174 ... omsoftware
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Here's what I heard about EA's show:
- Announced some Battle Royale thing (Battlefield related???) within 6 minutes
- Announced Respawn's Star Wars game with nothing to show yet (so they closed Visceral to buy another studio to do another SW project...???)
- Showcased indie stuff for a long stretch
- Probably some Madden talk somewhere
???

Should I be glad I was at work?

Not like I gave a crap seriously though haha, now E3 can really get going. :lol:

I'm most interested in:
- CAPCOM, REmake 2 and DMC5
- Ghost of Tsushima for Sony, even though tons of other stuff looks great. This one is the bigger mystery so far.
- Metroid Prime 4 footage
- More details on From Software's next project
- Bethesda stuff, hoping for some surprise DLC or expansions for Dishonored, Prey, or Evil Within 2.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I watched the E3 stream (well kinda... I had it playing as background noise whilst I did other stuff), as it's about the only conference that is on at a fairly decent time for me in the UK. You didn't miss much, unless you're into EA's games.

Battle Royale is a new mode in Battlefield V and kinda like a mode that was in Battlefield 2 I believe?

Unravel 2 got announced and it's out now.

There was sports game shit. Fifa shit.

There was some woman who got WAY too excited about Anthem. It was some of the fakest shit I have ever seen, but maybe that's just normal? (I haven't really ever watched E3 before)

Speaking of Anthem, it looks like Destiny mixed with Titanfall and didn't wow me. It looks meh. The most pathetic thing about it was the biggest cheer came from EA actually having to say that there will be no loot boxes and no pay to win microtransactions.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328