Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

E3 2018 Discussion

by bmoc Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:38 pm

E3 2018 is almost upon us and I suppose we need a thread about it.

Here is the stream schedule: http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2018_Sch ... onferences

I am most hyped for the Nintendo Direct. I am hoping for some Monolithsoft news other than the planned Xenoblade 2 DLC. Specifically the new IP they are working on. There are several other Nintendo games that I am interested in: Smash, Metroid Prime 4, and Pokemon (Let's Go and the core game coming in 2019). I'm also really eager to learn more about the Polymega.

There are lots Square-Enix games to look forward too as well. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII remake, Octopath Traveler, and Dragon Quest 11.

Post your E3 predictions and what you are excited about. Who will "win" E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or a 3rd party like Square-Enix?
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2018 Discussion

by laurenhiya21 Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:01 pm

The only major conference I'm particularly interested in is Nintendo's. Some of the others may have a neat game announcement, but most of the others don't interest me too much. Square Enix or Sony might announce something that I want to play, but I find their announcements can be a bit hit and miss for my personal tastes.

Outside of conferences, I'm hoping for some Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remake announcements from SEGA (I'm pretty sure NA is getting them but I would like some dates ha) and maybe something neat from Atlus. I'm not super sure who else might be making announcements, but I always like to see something interesting that I wasn't expecting.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I’d like to see what Nintendo and Sega are up to, plus I’m interested enough in the Polymega. I’d like to see what Hyperkin is up to nowadays. Maybe wayforward will announce a remake of some retro classic we all love.

I’m probably not tuning in for any live streams though. Let me catch the highlight reel later. :wink:
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:Outside of conferences, I'm hoping for some Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remake announcements from SEGA (I'm pretty sure NA is getting them but I would like some dates ha) and maybe something neat from Atlus. I'm not super sure who else might be making announcements, but I always like to see something interesting that I wasn't expecting.

I really want to get into the Yakuza series. I'm waiting for 0 to hit $20 so I can start there. It would be pretty great to be able to play the whole series on one platform. I'm pretty sure a western release is happening too. I think I remember reading someone from Sega stating that these remakes were coming because of the positive western reception to the other PS4 Yakuza games.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm

bmoc wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:Outside of conferences, I'm hoping for some Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remake announcements from SEGA (I'm pretty sure NA is getting them but I would like some dates ha) and maybe something neat from Atlus. I'm not super sure who else might be making announcements, but I always like to see something interesting that I wasn't expecting.

I really want to get into the Yakuza series. I'm waiting for 0 to hit $20 so I can start there. It would be pretty great to be able to play the whole series on one platform. I'm pretty sure a western release is happening too. I think I remember reading someone from Sega stating that these remakes were coming because of the positive western reception to the other PS4 Yakuza games.

It's more than likely happening, the the creator himself hopes so too. They're selling really well over here now. I just want Sega to give us Hokuto Ga Gotoku now, the Fist of the Northstar game the Yakuza team did.

As for E3 I'm pretty stoked all around. We're in the twilight of this generation and probably have another 2-3 years with these consoles. Should be some surprises this year I think. Hoping Fallout 76 is something I'll care about and that Bethesda has some other surprises, since they tend to announce and release things within the same year which is awesome. Been a lot of rumors about a Prey expansion set on the moon. Sony and Nintendo will be fun. Square Enix is back, let's see how much more pompous they can get this time, lol.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:36 am

I'm keeping an eye out for all the news I can. Lots of interesting rumors going around. I'm interested to see what Konamj has, as I think there are at least 2 new things coming from them we haven't heard about before. I am assuming ports of something to new consoles, but what and where is the question.

I also have a feeling Sony is packing some punches, despite comments suggesting otherwise. And Nintendo is always a delight.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 am

Remasters, guys. The Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 remasters. They're not remaking the games like they did with the two Kiwami games.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 am

Reprise wrote:Remasters, guys. The Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 remasters. They're not remaking the games like they did with the two Kiwami games.

Haha whoops, I knew that but I still said remake! I still would really like them to be localized regardless, especially if we get the removed content from 3 added back in and a physical version for 5.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

Yeah, I'm hoping and praying we finally get an uncut version of 3 and of course a physical version of 5. It will be really sweet to have the whole series on one console.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 am

Reprise wrote:Yeah, I'm hoping and praying we finally get an uncut version of 3 and of course a physical version of 5. It will be really sweet to have the whole series on one console.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking we're probably gonna get a version of the 3 that has the hostess clubs that were taken out of the original release, but I'm not sure it's gonna have the Japanese geography quiz show, just because the former would be far easier to implement in a way a non-Japanese audience could easily enjoy compared to the latter :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Return to General Gaming