Fallout 76

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Fallout 76

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

After 24 hours of taunting us, Bethesda has FINALLY revealed the purpose of their livestream - a teaser trailer for their next game, Fallout 76. As a HUGE Fallout fan - probably the biggest fan on the forums - I'm beyond hyped for this. The trailer seemed to focus on the immediate aftermath of the war. Multiple references to 2076 and the years surrounding the war. The phrase "When the fighting has stopped and the fallout has settled..." can be heard at the end of the trailer.

So let's talk about it. What systems do we think this will be on? Just PS4/X1/PC, or do you think a Switch version will be released? With Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein II, Bethesda seems to have reversed their anti-Nintendo stance at least somewhat, but will the Switch provide enough horsepower to do the game justice? What about setting? Multiple references to West Virginia were made in the trailer. Share your thoughts and/or speculation on it!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm staying wary. Rumor from Kotaku states that it is supposedly an online game, which makes me think similar to ESO. I personally hope it's more like the 4s equivalent to New Vegas, but we will see.

If nothing else, I hope we get a New Cegas port announced.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Yeah, I just read that. I'm banking on it being more akin to 4's NV, but that rumor about online does worry me. HOPEFULLY they'd have an online option rather than having it designed entirely around it.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Fallout 76 is up for pre-order on Best Buy for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. $10 reward eligible.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Polygon mentioned that the Pipboy of the guy going outside says the date is 2102, which would put it 25 years after the war. So that would make this a prequel to all the other games, and the wasteland wouldn't have had time for all the various factions to establish themselves yet. So my guess would be the story would be about that wasteland rebuilding the world that would quickly turn into various people from the Vault having different ideas, and then there would be ghouls and a handful of people in their own shelters coming out.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

New rumor found on reddit, but there is no reason to believe it. Just thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

Supposedly, this is just a new Fallout with coop tacked on. Supposedly, less availability of mods (just the offical Bethesda thing- I assume for console mod reasons). Not a Rust-style game like many suggested, but expanded on building in Fallout 4, with emphasis on home made weapons. Supposedly many retcons to early Fallout lore. Voiced protagonist supposed to be back. Link to full thread, if there's interest-https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/8nccxu/4chan_leaker_here_more_drops_will_delete_soon/

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

All the sources that gaming sites are reporting 9n state that the project originated from the idea of having a co-op Fallout 4 and later turned into this fully fledged unique game.

There is no way they are making a co-op Fallout 4 when the trailer clearly contradicts that idea.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

I'm not sure what you mean- the trailer indicates nothing about the expected online aspects- it doesn't even indicate there are any in a meaningful way. Everything is just wild speculation for now. I assume the main rumor is right, but like I said, throwing it out for discussion.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wish it was either New Vegas 2 (though sounds like Obsidian have come out saying they're not involved with whatever 76 is), maybe Arkane could do a Fallout installment, or a possible Fallout 3/NV remaster in 4's engine.

More settlement building, voiced protagonists, ONLINE, co-op, = :|

It's been like 7 years since Skyrim released and they don't want to do more ES anytime soon because of ESO, which I have zero interest in. It would suck to see Fallout releases slowed to a halt like that as well if they plan to do something online focused that they want to support for years. I know fans have wanted some kind of living online Fallout game but ugh, right when Bethesda was poking fun late last year about how focused on single player games they were with their other studios...

A simple new game in 4's engine without the voiced protagonist and base building would be a home run.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I think popo's probably right. That seems the most logical to me. It wouldn't be a traditional Fallout game as, like folks have said, there's be no established factions yet. I think the story's big driving force will be the Enclave, though. 25 years after the bombs, the remnants of the federal government would be the only somewhat organized group. My guess on the structure is that it will be like a mix of Ark and Borderlands - a focus on building and designed to be played multiplayer but able to be played on your own. At least that's my hope. If we're believing leaks, then we know it's not an MMO; the dude leaking the online stuff has said that he's not saying it's a full out MMO.

What do y'all think the setting will be? (Assuming that they're not reconning everything) We know from Fallout 3 that Vault 76 is at least near DC, but the trailer alluded to West Virginia. This leads me to speculate that Vault 76 is somewhere along the Virginia/West Virginia border. That would put it close enough to DC to fit with what we know from Fallout 3 but far enough away to explain why it wasn't on the map in Fallout 3. It would also keep with the allusions to West Virginia in the trailer.