Fallout 76

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Damm64
Next-Gen

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Damm64 »

They also said you can play it solo. I think it will have the story mode with this multiplayer settlement thing going on. Though they didnt say anything on the story.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

True, but the wording (as of current) makes it sound like you need an online connection to play at all, which is a no-go for me. I personally won't touch games like that.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Hmm that's a good point, does sound like it's not just an "online game" in general but an online connection is a must to play it period. If that's so I can see how online required is going to tick some people off.

They sure were wordy with the entire coverage on it and didn't really clear things up, I'm still really confused about what this game will be like. Can anyone think of potential comparisons? I like the idea of only playing online with "dozens" unlike an MMO but it's still probably nothing as small scale and intimate as say, like the Souls multiplayer or whatever. Then the whole nuking bases thing, what and how the heck any main story whatsoever even progresses, etc. Man, I just don't know.

I was really relieved when Todd emphasized Starfield will be "singe player".
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

I remember hearing "You can play it solo and go to multiplayer and all your progression get carried" (not in those exact words but that was the idea) i hope it is a regular fallout game but with great enphasis with the multiplayer. Then if it is always online it would be a huge turn off from me. I barely connect my ps4 online.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Xeogred wrote:Hmm that's a good point, does sound like it's not just an "online game" in general but an online connection is a must to play it period. If that's so I can see how online required is going to tick some people off.

They sure were wordy with the entire coverage on it and didn't really clear things up, I'm still really confused about what this game will be like. Can anyone think of potential comparisons? I like the idea of only playing online with "dozens" unlike an MMO but it's still probably nothing as small scale and intimate as say, like the Souls multiplayer or whatever. Then the whole nuking bases thing, what and how the heck any main story whatsoever even progresses, etc. Man, I just don't know.

I was really relieved when Todd emphasized Starfield will be "singe player".

Maybe like The Division with always on PVP? I don't know how The Division worked multiplayer wise, but that's the guess I have. The overseer sending you out on various quests throughout the game, with your buddies dropping in as they can and assholes blowing up the starting area with nukes.

I'm interested in Starfield, but I think it and ES6 are next gen. A bit longer wait then I'd like, but whatever.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm interested in Starfield, but I think it and ES6 are next gen. A bit longer wait then I'd like, but whatever.

This is the potential problem... are we now going to have to wait ~10 some years until the next major Fallout installment? ESO's existence is more than likely why fans have waited for the follow up to Skyrim for ages now. And 76 is looking to be a bit like ESO for the Fallout series. That's probably what bugs me the most about this. I'll definitely give it a fair shot but I've never been a big online/multiplayer guy, so yeah. Heck, I was really holding out on the Fallout 3 remastered rumors until they just talked about Fallout Shelter's anniversary.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

I'm putting about 30% hope that Fallout 3 remastered is still coming. Announced for Switch during Nintendo's thing, confirmed for elsewhere a month later. That's my guess.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Why wouldn't they just do Fallout 4 instead of 3? I mean, Skyrim and Doom, when ported to Switch, were the latest entries in those series. If they're gonna port a Fallout game to Switch I don't think they're going to step all the way back to Fallout 3.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Seems like the idea being suggested is less a Switch port specifically, and more a multiplatform release that includes it. So, for that, a Fallout 3 or HD collection with New Vegas would make more sense.
That said, if something like that was in the works, it might have made more sense for Bethesda to show it at their conference. Additionally, Fallout 3 is already one of the 4k-enhanced backwards compatible titles on the One X.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

marurun wrote:Why wouldn't they just do Fallout 4 instead of 3? I mean, Skyrim and Doom, when ported to Switch, were the latest entries in those series. If they're gonna port a Fallout game to Switch I don't think they're going to step all the way back to Fallout 3.

I'm going by a minor rumor I saw on Neogaf that said there was a Fallout 3 Remaster coming for switch with no confirmation or denial of other consoles. No idea if it's true or just some wishful thinking. That's why I said about 30% hopeful.