No so great games you have wonderful nostalgia for?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ESauced
64-bit

Re: No so great games you have wonderful nostalgia for?

Post by ESauced »

Nemoide wrote:Only one obvious answer springs to mind:
Sonic Labyrinth - The Sega Game Gear was my first game-system and as a Sonic fanboy, I was pretty dedicated to the 8-bit series. Sonic Labyrinth might not be the best Sonic game with its lack of running and jumping and its awkward isometric perspective but my nostalgia prevents me from saying it's the garbage title most folks seem to think it is. I had a lot of fun with it and beat it multiple times.
(Sonic Blast on the other hand... that game is trash; the only GG Sonic game I owned that I never beat.)

I don’t care for Sonic Labyrinth but I do thoroughly enjoy Sonic 3d Blast (not Sonic Blast though; no one thoroughly enjoys that).
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm going to go ahead and win the thread with Ultraman on the SNES.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

LJN's Spider-Man - Return of the Sinister Six (NES)

I was a huge Spider-man comic fan as a kid; when this came out I asked my dad for this for my birthday and at that time I was thrilled playing it. Still gives me nostalgia to this day. :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Alright here are mine:

Barkley Shut up and Jam! - a not very good basketball game, but my sister and I had a lot of fun playing it as kids.

Zero Tolerance - I actually enjoyed this one a bunch back in the day when I rented it for my Genesis. I always thought it was pretty cool until I went back to play it years later. Not terrible, but not good.

Beyond the Beyond - My buddy had this, and I watched him play it for hours in several sittings. talking him through dungeons and sort of co-op without actually playing.

Racing Aces - Plane racing game on Sega CD. Was fun then, didn't age so well...

Outlander - I loved Mad Max as a kid, so even though this game wasn't very good, I liked it anyway.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I really like that first Spider-Man on Gamecube. The movie game. It's not good but I just have this nostalgia for it. Might be because the first film is my fave superhero film ever and it was the first Spiderman game I played with no fog and I could see cars driving on the streets and hear people yell to me. Yeah, I may get the PS4 game but not on release. September is so crowded.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

MrPopo wrote:I'm going to go ahead and win the thread with Ultraman on the SNES.

Wish I thought of that. I bought it back in the day off the shelf because I liked the localized TV show it is based on. I sort of get why people pick on it, but it isn't a bad game and is pretty amusing in context. I think the problem is people get whiny and mad because it doesn't play like Street Fighter II which came out the following year. Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle gets the same flack and it did come out after and had weird control but is quite decent too.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Hey, Sonic R is a decent game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Jaws by LJN for NES - My dad's stoner friend had only that game, SMB and Tengen Tetris. I figured that game out completely and won, despite how bad it is.
AVGN did a video that perfectly explains why it's not good.

Dungeon Land for Gameboy (1992, Random-house/Enix). I've never owned a cart - it's J region only (tho I really should, since I'm apparently the only person who likes it...). Back in the late 90's when windows 9x and printer port data transfers were more common than USB, I had a gameboy flashcart from Malta called the Smart Boy. I got it while trying to play every game boy game for at least 10 minutes. Transferring took so long, this rom stayed on the cart for a long time. It's a puzzle maze game with a "fog of war" that plays like dig-dug in the dark.
I mostly love the title screen song.

I want to try some suggested bad games and talk about a few more, but I don't have time right now. Great topic!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Oooo, Jaws is great in a terrible way. I love that game.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Keith Courage. Only game I had for my Turbo for months, so of course I played it a ton. It's not a horrible game, but it's not particularly good, either. That said, it does do some neat things in places. But on the whole, a pretty meh experience that I fondly remember.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.