No so great games you have wonderful nostalgia for?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Old Gregg

Re: No so great games you have wonderful nostalgia for?

Post by Old Gregg »

Nert wrote:Huge Fable fan here. It came out right around the time where I was the age that thought farting on command was hilarious

Too right, lolol.

Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Jurassic Park for SNES. Good visuals and awesome OST, but too difficult for me when I was young. My neighbor-friend had the Genesis game where you could control a raptor. Looked more exciting to me at the time.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Segata wrote:
nullPointer wrote:
jacjon wrote:Old lord of the rings third person game on PS2 from my childhood but swear I can't think of the name.

Possibly the EA adaptation(s) for either Two Towers or Return of the King? I too have some nostalgia for those if so. They weren't necessary horrible, but they certainly weren't great either.

Hey welcome to the forums by the way!

There was another set of Lord of the Rings games on PS2 not attached to the films. The Movie games were well received. The non EA games were poorly reviewed. I think it was from Sierra.

There was also a Lord of the Rings RPG (also produced by EA) that was pretty decent. The Third Age or something? My friend and I loved playing that game together when it came out. I don't think it was actually a great example of the RPG genre, but it was a decent adaption regardless from what I remember.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Melek-Ric wrote:Jurassic Park for SNES. Good visuals and awesome OST, but too difficult for me when I was young. My neighbor-friend had the Genesis game where you could control a raptor. Looked more exciting to me at the time.

Along those lines, I have a soft spot for the Lost World game on Ps1 and Saturn. Most of the game is crappy but the T-Rex levels make up for it.

I also really like the Croc games but they aren't bad bad, just a bit clunky.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Sload Soap wrote:
Melek-Ric wrote:Jurassic Park for SNES. Good visuals and awesome OST, but too difficult for me when I was young. My neighbor-friend had the Genesis game where you could control a raptor. Looked more exciting to me at the time.

Along those lines, I have a soft spot for the Lost World game on Ps1 and Saturn. Most of the game is crappy but the T-Rex levels make up for it.

I also really like the Croc games but they aren't bad bad, just a bit clunky.

The worst part of the SNES game was no save feature (that I can remember). You'd have to leave the SNES on all day to make any progress.

I read that the game's audio was mastered in Dolby Pro Logic surround sound and the game supported the SNES mouse while in interior areas. Neat. Still, lots of nostalgia for a decent-at-best movie license game.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"