Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue HD Collection PS4/X1/PC

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am

So now we have shenmue 1 and 2 hd, Shenmue 3. What is next? Someone busting out the unreleased Shenmue mmo?!?!?!?! A MAN CAN DREAM!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:So now we have shenmue 1 and 2 hd, Shenmue 3. What is next? Someone busting out the unreleased Shenmue mmo?!?!?!?! A MAN CAN DREAM!!

I mentioned this on Twitter, but I vote for remasters of the Panzer Dragoon series, including Saga. I know rumor is that they lost the source code to Saga, but the trilogy + RPG would be amazing to see updated and ported.
marurun

by marurun Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am

It's not just that they lost the source code and many of the original assets. The production was also "cursed". There were a couple team member deaths and some other unfortunate events that has left few of the original team members interested in revisiting the project. It would basically have to be revived by an outside team, and largely recreated from scratch.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 am

The original PD was on PC & unlockable in Orta. Really surprised we haven't seen at least that one.
marurun

by marurun Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 am

Because of some of the weird tricks you could do with the Saturn hardware that were impossible on other platforms, most PC versions of Saturn titles are lacking in some regard compared to the original.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I'd LOVE to see a remake of the Panzer Dragoon series, but I think a new installment is more likely by this point (which I would also welcome whole heartedly).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'd LOVE to see a remake of the Panzer Dragoon series, but I think a new installment is more likely by this point (which I would also welcome whole heartedly).

They should go the crash/spyro/shadow of the colossus route and just remake from scratch the original game.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

by marurun Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Hell, just reboot the series.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to what they do with this remastered Shenmue.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:08 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'd LOVE to see a remake of the Panzer Dragoon series, but I think a new installment is more likely by this point (which I would also welcome whole heartedly).

They should go the crash/spyro/shadow of the colossus route and just remake from scratch the original game.

Yeah, that's what I kinda envisioned too. It's not like a "simple" HD remaster from a 32-bit 3D game is especially practical -- especially porting from Saturn code...
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:33 am

Is this ever going up on Amazon US? Every place in the UK has it up for pre-order but Amazon US takes forever to list anything on PS4 or Switch.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Return to General Gaming