Shenmue HD Collection PS4/X1/PC

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Shenmue HD Collection PS4/X1/PC

Post by Segata »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmu ... -x1.36105/

It's real boys! Who says Friday the 13th is a bad day! It's done! Every Shenmue game will be in HD in 2018!
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue HD Collection PS4/X1/PC

Post by Michi »

Seriously though, I think we all suspected it was probably coming, what with the third game coming out soon. But it's nice to see it actually announced.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

This is fantastic.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

This was me for a moment.

I somewhat expected them to release as a download, minimal effory, re-release with S3, so glad to see they getting it's own physical release.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Shenmue 3 delayed till 2019 confirmed.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Wonder if we'll ever see a Switch port. Seems like the Switch is becoming the new universal platform for games that don't require intense resources (especially re-issues), so I'd be surprised if it doesn't arrive.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

racketboy wrote:Wonder if we'll ever see a Switch port. Seems like the Switch is becoming the new universal platform for games that don't require intense resources (especially re-issues), so I'd be surprised if it doesn't arrive.

Sega has stated that right now they are focusing on the other platforms but hasn't ruled the switch out. My hope is that shenmue 3 will eventually come out to Xbox one and that character save migration will happen from 2 to 3 ... our dreams have come true this far!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Was 3 not announced for Xbox One?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

noiseredux wrote:Was 3 not announced for Xbox One?

Nope! But Sony did not announce the game for their system, just for the kickstarter. The kickstarter says 3 will be for ps4 and pc but has said numerous times that other systems are a possibility
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I am really overjoyed to hear of this. I remember seeing there was a surprise announcement at FES 2018, but did not check on Friday to see what it ended up being. So after a wonderful weekend, this just makes it just a little bit sweeter.

$29.99 price tag isn't bad at all; I'll probably pick up the PS4 edition since it'll be physical and I've got most of my "remasters" on that console. I'm hoping it sells really well.

I can see maybe the PS4 edition of Shenmue III looking for a save file and pulling some special bonus items, but a full carry over I don't see happening, since they're being independently developed. I won't say it's out of the realm of possibility, just unlikely.

Count me surprised though -- way to go Sega!