Receipts cause water damage? And many other unrelated things

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Receipts cause water damage? And many other unrelated th

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Hmm.. i wonder if the oily off gas residue that most blu-ray cases and, after looking at mine, pretty much all 360/PS3/4 cases "secrete" (not sure if right word) could have anything to do with it forcing some covers into wavy potato chips. :)

I have never noticed this until a few days ago.. I accidentally touched the inside of a PS3 game case. Where the disc would normally be. It looked cleaner/clearer where i touched. Then i saw it. An ever so slight greasy film all over the inside of most cases. It is probably between the other side and the inlay too. That or the paper inlay is absorbing it.

So, I just "cleaned" the inside of most of my PS3 games. Mostly just inside the disc circle and around it if needed. What a pain in the ass. Most look better but the stuff really just smears around. Since i didn't remove the art or manuals I didn't want to use any cleaning products or wetness so i was just using paper towels. If you do this careful with your nails. The plastic easily scratches (even through paper towel) and i scratched a couple before i noticed. :/

The discs look fine. I didn't but i will wipe each of the Blu-ray games before i use them next. I will leave the DVD games.. wiping DVDs can lead to tiny scratches and i dont do it unless i must hehe :P

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=211634

Bring on the obligatory "I have 120000000000000 games and not one of my cases are like that!" comments :mrgreen:
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Looking at VGA graded PS3 games and even lots of those have the waves...

Example. Games look fine at first glance..

And then..

Last edited by SuperDerpBro on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I don't know what those weird cases are. Why is a game case inside a case?
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Its what happens when you get your game graded at VGA.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Never heard of them. *shrug* Seems rather excessive. A game case inside a case inside what looks to be a bag. Really overdoing it. Looks really annoying to get out and play.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

You cant play them.

They assign a grade of the game based on the condition and the factory seal, and then they encase it into a tamper proof acrylic case.

Well you COULD play them if you spent a few hours with a hack saw..

Anyways .. this conversation is drifting away from the point i was trying to make posting the images :P

one more

Most of the games im obsessing over look like this god of war example. If VGA accepts the wave.. and people are spending hundreds on them.. i guess i can live with it lol

None of the PS4 VGAs have the waves my games have tho :(
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

8 pages into this thread, I dare say you are the only one who has really noticed and been bothered by it.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Your dare is incorrect. Others have noticed. one has posted examples. I am the only one bothered by it so far.. what's your point?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

SuperDerpBro wrote:You cant play them.

They assign a grade of the game based on the condition and the factory seal, and then they encase it into a tamper proof acrylic case.

Well you COULD play them if you spent a few hours with a hack saw..

Anyways .. this conversation is drifting away from the point i was trying to make posting the images :P

one more

Most of the games im obsessing over look like this god of war example. If VGA accepts the wave.. and people are spending hundreds on them.. i guess i can live with it lol

None of the PS4 VGAs have the waves my games have tho :(

You can't play them!? What the fucking hell is the point then!? That's stupid. Who are these people to slap a number on a case to seal a game form playing? Who are they and what degree says they are the experts? This just sounds like a scam to mark up prices on eBay..for a game you can't play and why such common games? I'm sorry but this whole concept is dumb. Really baffling. If you are not playing them then break that stupid case open and give those who want to play it a chance to. Don't rip them off doing it either. I am giving my second Dreamcast Camera and a copy of Wild Guns reloaded to Nathan Barnatt because he is such a genuine dude and so thankful it seemed far more satisfying to give it to someone who greatly appreciates it than sell it to someone random on eBay. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed. Sorry for the rant but I can't help how I feel.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Segata wrote:You can't play them!? What the fucking hell is the point then!? That's stupid. Who are these people to slap a number on a case to seal a game form playing? Who are they and what degree says they are the experts? This just sounds like a scam to mark up prices on eBay..for a game you can't play and why such common games? I'm sorry but this whole concept is dumb. Really baffling. If you are not playing them then break that stupid case open and give those who want to play it a chance to. Don't rip them off doing it either. I am giving my second Dreamcast Camera and a copy of Wild Guns reloaded to Nathan Barnatt because he is such a genuine dude and so thankful it seemed far more satisfying to give it to someone who greatly appreciates it than sell it to someone random on eBay. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed. Sorry for the rant but I can't help how I feel.

I only really read 1/4 of this. Is it your mission in life to go as off topic as possible? As much as possible? Google would have answered all of your questions it 10 seconds.