Receipts cause water damage? And many other unrelated things

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Receipts cause water damage??

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Segata wrote:Wow, that was a spaz out. You just make a lot of topic about storing games is all and you seem to have all these issues I just never had and don't really hear of others have the same problems on average. I have had literally none of the issues you have. Don't know anyone or seen anyone on RF either with these issues. Just seems kinda odd is all.No need to freak out bro.

Maybe don't ridicule folks who have a problem asking for help. I am sure that if you had issues, you wouldn't like people making fun of you.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm just marveling at the irony. Admitted poor communicator ragging on someone for "over-reacting" to his poor communication.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Segata wrote:Wow, that was a spaz out. You just make a lot of topic about storing games is all and you seem to have all these issues I just never had and don't really hear of others have the same problems on average. I have had literally none of the issues you have. Don't know anyone or seen anyone on RF either with these issues. Just seems kinda odd is all.No need to freak out bro.

If you say so. Replying to a shitty comment isn't a spaz IMO. It is merely a reply.

Making topics about storing games doesn't mean i have all said problems.

My first post about it was about PS4 cases sucking. They do suck. And many others HERE concurred.

Another post was about asking if people stack games. I don't. I was curious about how it affects wear becasue I kinda want to. To save space. Many people have many different opinions. FUCK ME FOR ASKING!

Another was about replacement cases. I have some games that "need" new cases. They dont NEED them but i was interested in my options. ONE game i have NEEDs a new case. I am sure MANY other people here have come across a game that needs a new case. again fuck me for asking about game related shit on game related forum.

That brings us to this post. Mearly sharing a game related experience on a game related forum. Got made fun of. Called spaz for standing up for myself. So, i'll say it again. Kindly GFY, bro.

EDIT: Challenge. eBay.ca .. find a black label God of War collection (1 and 2) under 25 CAD that does not have wavy front art so i can buy it. Guess all of Canada is a rain forest.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I looked through my entire PS3/4 collection and none have issues. Just saying.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I looked through my entire PS3/4 collection and none have issues. Just saying.

You must be one of those "like new" eBay sellers lol.. Anyways, prove it. No issues to you doesn't mean there aren't any. I haven't seen a single stack of PS3 games in my life with zero games with slightly wavy covers. You saying yours is the mythical only one in the world with perfectly flat covers means nothing without proof :P

I'll even let you cherry pick. Take a pic with just 25 games for us.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Alright, let’s dial this back a bit. We’re going nowhere REAL fast.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

In all seriousness, some good info on acidic receipt paper early on. I always chalked those wavy covers up to low quality, cheap paper. They get overly hot or maybe even placed in humid/damp mailboxes and they get wavy.

The worst manuals I've seen are the Saturn ones but this is due to bad design and the tabs that hold them in. Stacking vertically will cause them to sag. Also, these manuals seem very susceptible to damp environments as I've seen many wavy pages outside of the issue described above.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

LOL

Yes, they definitely started using MUCH cheaper paper towards the end of PS2/Xbox and into the next gen. Might explain why the older style PS3 covers and cases are a little bit less prone to it. If you look at ps3 games for an hour on eBay you will find a LOT more wavy covers on the new style. I think it also has something to do with the plastic on some cases being wavy too. Happens on a LOT of new Blu-Rays. Also read that the heat used while sealing a Blu-Ray can affect it and causes the plastic to wave. Which waves the art.. The old PS3 style is not immune though. My worst (PS3) offender is Tools of Destruction. And looking for condition upgrade on eBay is hard because ALL the reasonably priced ones are like that.. I might have to bite the bullet and buy a sealed one :(
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Could be a chemical reaction - is it that pressure sensitive receipt paper that you can write on with your fingernail?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

The pressure sensitive stuff is technically the same as thermal receipt paper.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile