Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9578
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by Stark Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37928
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by noiseredux Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Super Mega Baseball 2 came out today on various platforms. Free with Xbox Gold subscription. Fun stuff.
Image
User avatar
Nemoide
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by Nemoide Sat May 05, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Round 1 arcades in the US have an exclusive deal to import machines, and I'm hoping mine gets two so I can play 4-player. As a "no-bar" DDR player, I expect it to be my kind of jam. Some locations have already gotten it, so I'm hoping within the next two weeks I'll get to try it...
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37928
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by noiseredux Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Team Sonic Racing coming this winter!
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37928
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by noiseredux Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 am

Tempest 4000 is coming out in July!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tempest-40 ... Id=6248900

Did anyone know about this? I just stumbled upon the pre-order listing.
Image
User avatar
bmoc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by bmoc Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 am

noiseredux wrote:Tempest 4000 is coming out in July!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tempest-40 ... Id=6248900

Did anyone know about this? I just stumbled upon the pre-order listing.


Oh man, I had forgotten all about this one. I posted about it last year when it was still due out in 2017. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19828&p=1107810&hilit=Tempest#p1107810
User avatar
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Location: Central Valley, California

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by dunpeal2064 Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 am

Nemoide wrote:I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Round 1 arcades in the US have an exclusive deal to import machines, and I'm hoping mine gets two so I can play 4-player. As a "no-bar" DDR player, I expect it to be my kind of jam. Some locations have already gotten it, so I'm hoping within the next two weeks I'll get to try it...


If you haven't tried this yet, you are in for a treat, its super fun. I have other rhythm games I usually stick to when we go to Round 1, but this one kept pulling our whole group to it.

Edit: Also, finally got a release date for Groove Coaster on Steam, just under a month away, so that is cool.
User avatar
Nert
8-bit
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by Nert Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Nemoide wrote:I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Round 1 arcades in the US have an exclusive deal to import machines, and I'm hoping mine gets two so I can play 4-player. As a "no-bar" DDR player, I expect it to be my kind of jam. Some locations have already gotten it, so I'm hoping within the next two weeks I'll get to try it...


If you haven't tried this yet, you are in for a treat, its super fun. I have other rhythm games I usually stick to when we go to Round 1, but this one kept pulling our whole group to it.

Edit: Also, finally got a release date for Groove Coaster on Steam, just under a month away, so that is cool.

Wish we had cool arcades in Canada :(

I'm stuck with Beatmania and Pop'n Music on PS2. I'd love to have some more options for stuff to play
User avatar
Nemoide
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by Nemoide Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

I did end up playing DanceRush and... I was underwhelmed.
I'll see other people play it and look really cool, but I feel like a total doofus. *Maybe* I actually look cooler than I feel, but what's the point of that? The machine doesn't seem to be as accurate as I'd like (it kept detecting a third foot) and I don't feel the serious physical challenge that I feel when playing DDR.
It's fun enough and I'll probably still play it here and there in the future, but I don't feel compelled to master it. I'm glad I have access to the latest Bemani game and that it got English-language support, but I'm going to keep focusing on DDR.
Image
User avatar
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Location: Central Valley, California

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

by dunpeal2064 Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 am

I agree that watching the good players looks much cooler than playing myself, but I think its sort of a "make it look cool on your own" thing. The game does throw steps that encourage things like the "walking man" and such, and its tutorials sort of follow suit.

I also had a problem with tracking here and there, but I'd only played it with another person, so I wasn't sure if us crossing the border was causing it. Did you play it solo, or 2p?

I'd agree with you overall, though, its not a game that makes me want to really grind it like Beatmania, DDR, Voltex, GC, etc. But unlike those games, I do think Dance Rush actually has some casual appeal, and is fun and flashy enough that I ended up enjoying it overall, and seeing an actual crowd of non-rhythm players crowded around the machine warmed me up a bit. :)
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests