2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Post by noiseredux »

sports games don't make everyone as excited as they do me, but Tennis World Tour looks pretty great.

Out 5/22 on PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

New Sega Genesis collection coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on May 29th!!
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

noiseredux wrote:New Sega Genesis collection coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on May 29th!!

This would be perfect for Switch. With the Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 already I don’t really feel the need to buy this but if it came to Switch I’d be very tempted to have it portable.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ESauced wrote:
noiseredux wrote:New Sega Genesis collection coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on May 29th!!

This would be perfect for Switch. With the Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 already I don’t really feel the need to buy this but if it came to Switch I’d be very tempted to have it portable.

I would have been happy with them just making Sonic's Ultimate backwards compatible w/ Xbox One, but the fact that it's a new release (and also coming to PC) makes me think that it's different/more than the release that's been on Steam for years. I'm excited either way. Playing Phantasy Star II this month had me all bummed that III and IV and the 16-bit Shining games aren't on Xbox One already. I'd love to see Sega revisiting even more of their past catalog for modern systems. I'd kill to see more compilations like this of SMS games, or - dare I dream - Saturn and DC collections!
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

No Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles is just bizarre though. I'd also echo that a Switch version would have made way more sense.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Reprise wrote:No Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles is just bizarre though. I'd also echo that a Switch version would have made way more sense.

huh? How do you know there's no Sonic 3 or Knuckles? There was a leaked trailer, but no full game list that I know of.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

noiseredux wrote:
Reprise wrote:No Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles is just bizarre though. I'd also echo that a Switch version would have made way more sense.

huh? How do you know there's no Sonic 3 or Knuckles? There was a leaked trailer, but no full game list that I know of.

It's what I have been reading online. I just assumed there was some leak or confirmation, since everyone was talking about it on the Sega pages and groups. I think SegaBits had an article up, but removed the original article as requested by Sega. I didn't read it, so I'm not sure if they just removed a trailer or a list of games.

Edit: Found it. This might be removed by the time you read this though: https://www.destructoid.com/sega-genesi ... 4193.phtml
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ah, I hadn't seen that list. It does seem odd to omit Sonic 3/Knuckles. Although in fairness, we still don't know that that list is 100% correct. I guess we'll see.

No matter, it's an insta-buy for me. I've been wishing for many of these games to come to Xbox One for a while. The Shining games, Phantasy Star sequels, Fatal Labyrinth and so on.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

IGN has confirmed that leaked list is correct. So yeah, it's missing Sonic 3/Knuckles which IS odd. However, it also has more games total than previous Genesis compilations. I will be buying this day one for sure.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

noiseredux wrote:IGN has confirmed that leaked list is correct. So yeah, it's missing Sonic 3/Knuckles which IS odd. However, it also has more games total than previous Genesis compilations. I will be buying this day one for sure.

It has more Genesis games but if it has more games than Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection it is just barely. Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection included some Master System and I think arcade games too. It is really strange that Sonic 3 and Knuckles aren’t included but I own them so many places anyway. This will be a must buy if it ports to Switch, otherwise I’m content with the 360 Collection I already have.