2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Post by Reprise »

ESauced wrote:
Reprise wrote:
Hell, the cynic in me wonders if most of these teams know full well they'll never meet the release dates they propose and just do it because they think people will be less likely to pledge if they know they'll be waiting 4 or 5 years for their game.

That’s where I’d put my money.

Wasn’t Bloodstained already delayed once too?

Yeah, it was delayed from last year. But I'll try to not derail this thread into yet another anti-Kickstarter rant on the internet, because honestly I really have no beef with Kickstarters. I keep my expectations in check and appreciate that most of these games and projects genuinely would not have existed if it wasn't for the platform (except dodgy crap like Atari trying to crowdfund a Rollercoaster Tycoon port on the Switch).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm looking forward to this month because there's the physical release of Wonder Boy for the Switch. If I get it there's also Bayonetta which I never played. Dragon Quest Builders is the one definitive one I want for certain as I like the concept of the more combat centric stuff with the goods gifted to then work the worlds (like Portal Knights from 505 Games.)

Other than that I don't have a big outlook. Wolfenstein got delayed. Street Fighter is May. Metroid is late/later this year. And I missed out on Lost Sphear so I'm waiting on another run of physical games at the S-E website. I do want ACA Punchout, Balloon Fight, and maybe a few others of those when they hit.

I know it's kind of not in the spirit, but my year of anticipation is to me fair game - PC Engine. Never had one. I had a Duo that ran the small and mostly average to terrible HuCards. It's an all new experience and new system to me even if it is almost 30 years old. It makes me want to play games again, so I anticipate anything I well research and pick off online somehow in a nice lot or stand alone from multiple resources.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

How has Wolfenstein been delayed? It's never had a release date and has always been scheduled for 'some time in 2018'.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I pre-ordered Railway Empire, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

The reviews of Monster Hunter: World are great, but all the videos I've watched... eh, I'm not sure it's for me. I don't know. I'm less excited.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Paradox Interactive announced a launch date for its space colony sim Surviving Mars, as well as releasing a new trailer.

Developed by Haemimont — best known for the Tropico series — Surviving Mars will be released March 15, on Mac, PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. The game lands players onto the red planet with a mission to build a city.

HELL YES!

Oh man, between this and Railway Empire it looks like 2018 Q1 is all about sims for me. Everything's coming up noise.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

as far as I can tell there will be a physical release for Surviving Mars in Europe, but not the US. So I may be pre-ordering from Play Asia.

I also was reminded about Aquanox: Deep Descent which will be out sometime this year, and may also get a Europe-only physical release.

I'd also mention that while these are not new games, I'm very excited about the Street Fighter and Kunio-kun collections coming out this year.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

my copy of Railway Empire arrived yesterday. It came with a nice manual, poster, and code for a digital soundtrack. Unfortunately a flooded basement took up most of my night so I didn't have much time to try to actually play the damn thing. I did load it up and got to see how pretty everything looks. It looks like it'll be worth playing through the tutorial stuff to get the hang of the controls.

Oh! And look, apparently Surviving Mars IS coming out in the US on physical media.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079M1SY4B/_e ... FKRU&psc=1
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Still waiting for Shenmue 3. Be happy with just an HD remix of 1 and 2.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've had my eye on this for a while, and I think even had a beta key but never actually tried it. Anyway, it's out now so I'll be playing. It's free if anyone else is interested. I know it's on Xbox One, and PC... not sure about other platforms.

Hand Of The Gods

“Hearthstone and X-Com combine” - PCGamesN Collectible card games and turn-based strategy collide in Hand of the Gods! Wage divine war by summoning the Gods to a full 3D battlefield. Move your forces into position, then unleash divine powers to defeat your foes. Can you Command the Gods?

FREE-TO-PLAY It’s free to play Hand of the Gods – and we’ll give you 4 Core Card Packs to open FREE when you finish the tutorial.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that upcoming Shining game looks pretty great: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/24/se ... e-refrain/