2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Post by noiseredux »

Lumines Remastered is out today. I'll be picking it up for Switch sometime soon but for now I'm focused (again) on Puyo Tetris, so that's keeping me busy on the puzzle front. I don't think it's getting a physical release on any platform btw.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Speaking of Lumines, that new Tetris game by the same dude looks so, so good.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Oh, also that free spin-off of Life Is Strange is out now. I believe it's called The Amazing Adventures Of Captain Spirit?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:Oh, also that free spin-off of Life Is Strange is out now. I believe it's called The Amazing Adventures Of Captain Spirit?

This game looks awesome. Need to download it, I liked Life Is Strange quite a bit.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Starlink looks interesting, at least on the Switch where you can play as Starfox! October 16th.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Gameplay of Starlink made me wanted far more than Starfox (but I am not turning my back on getting it on the switch for him). I just hope you can unlock the extra parts in with ingame currency and you dont have to pay for everything separately.

Octopath is paid off and just waiting. I go on vacation the day it drops so I plan on blowing through it.

Killer Queen Black is the biggest want for the year after Octopath. 4v4 instead of 5v5 like in the arcade but it is pretty much Joust the 8 player game.

Fallout 76 is finally the coop Fallout FPS I wanted since they announced Fallout was going 3d.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Blade Strangers is out on 8/28 and it looks gorgeous. 2D fighter w/ a very Third Strike/MOTW art style and crossover indie game characters.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I don't know if this thought is better suited for the RGT thread, but damn - I feel like this year has all the sudden turned into one of those years where there's so many games I'm interested in coming out that there's no way I could keep up (and actually put quality time into each one).

Octopath and Monster Hunter World have been the big big ones for me so far. And I actually got a lot of mileage out of Super Mega Baseball 2. I played a fair amount of Shining Resonance as well. I'm reminded that I never finished Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon either. Railway Empire and Surviving Mars were both disappointments for me - the former being utterly broken, and the latter being so confusing to actually start that I just bounced off it. Oh, and there's the Splatoon 2 expansion which I haven't started yet. And I'm sure I'll pick up Jurassic World Evolution at some point too.

There were already some impressive re-releases too. I picked up the Genesis Collection and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary. And there's the Mega Man X collections and Sonic Mania Plus.

Then the calendar really picks up... This month it's Madden 19 (which I'd like to say I'll pass on having bought 17 and 18, but the continued story mode is tempting), and Blade Strangers looks awesome. Plus re-releases of Shenmue I & II and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Next month will be SNK Heroines and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider... and that Namco/Pac collection.

And then the fall! October is even crazier with Mega Man 11, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Starlink, Monsterboy... plus I'm kind of interested in the Disgaea remake. November has the Pokemon game and Crystal Crisis and that SNK 40th anniversary collection. December has the new Smash Bros. (which is admittedly, probably the game I'm least excited about here, but the gigantic roster is intriguing).

I'm just saying, this is the stuff I concrete KNOW about that's out/coming out. It's a lot of games.
Mara

Post by Mara »

I've been waiting for Blazing Chrome to be released. No release date yet, but I'll be sure to buy it instantly once it arrives. It's never a bad thing to have more run 'n guns. Apparently, if you are in Gamescom right now, they have a booth where you can play the game.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That one looks incredible. Hard Corp 2.0!