2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 - the year in gaming anticipation

Post by Stark »

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Super Mega Baseball 2 came out today on various platforms. Free with Xbox Gold subscription. Fun stuff.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Round 1 arcades in the US have an exclusive deal to import machines, and I'm hoping mine gets two so I can play 4-player. As a "no-bar" DDR player, I expect it to be my kind of jam. Some locations have already gotten it, so I'm hoping within the next two weeks I'll get to try it...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Team Sonic Racing coming this winter!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Tempest 4000 is coming out in July!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tempest-40 ... Id=6248900

Did anyone know about this? I just stumbled upon the pre-order listing.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

noiseredux wrote:Tempest 4000 is coming out in July!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tempest-40 ... Id=6248900

Did anyone know about this? I just stumbled upon the pre-order listing.

Oh man, I had forgotten all about this one. I posted about it last year when it was still due out in 2017. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19828&p=1107810&hilit=Tempest#p1107810
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Nemoide wrote:I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Round 1 arcades in the US have an exclusive deal to import machines, and I'm hoping mine gets two so I can play 4-player. As a "no-bar" DDR player, I expect it to be my kind of jam. Some locations have already gotten it, so I'm hoping within the next two weeks I'll get to try it...

If you haven't tried this yet, you are in for a treat, its super fun. I have other rhythm games I usually stick to when we go to Round 1, but this one kept pulling our whole group to it.

Edit: Also, finally got a release date for Groove Coaster on Steam, just under a month away, so that is cool.
Nert
8-bit

Post by Nert »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Nemoide wrote:I'm super-excited to try Konami's new Bemani game, Dance Rush, when my arcade gets it. The gameplay is pretty different from DDR, but looks like it's way more fun than Dance Evolution.

If you haven't tried this yet, you are in for a treat, its super fun. I have other rhythm games I usually stick to when we go to Round 1, but this one kept pulling our whole group to it.

Edit: Also, finally got a release date for Groove Coaster on Steam, just under a month away, so that is cool.

Wish we had cool arcades in Canada :(

I'm stuck with Beatmania and Pop'n Music on PS2. I'd love to have some more options for stuff to play
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I did end up playing DanceRush and... I was underwhelmed.
I'll see other people play it and look really cool, but I feel like a total doofus. *Maybe* I actually look cooler than I feel, but what's the point of that? The machine doesn't seem to be as accurate as I'd like (it kept detecting a third foot) and I don't feel the serious physical challenge that I feel when playing DDR.
It's fun enough and I'll probably still play it here and there in the future, but I don't feel compelled to master it. I'm glad I have access to the latest Bemani game and that it got English-language support, but I'm going to keep focusing on DDR.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I agree that watching the good players looks much cooler than playing myself, but I think its sort of a "make it look cool on your own" thing. The game does throw steps that encourage things like the "walking man" and such, and its tutorials sort of follow suit.

I also had a problem with tracking here and there, but I'd only played it with another person, so I wasn't sure if us crossing the border was causing it. Did you play it solo, or 2p?

I'd agree with you overall, though, its not a game that makes me want to really grind it like Beatmania, DDR, Voltex, GC, etc. But unlike those games, I do think Dance Rush actually has some casual appeal, and is fun and flashy enough that I ended up enjoying it overall, and seeing an actual crowd of non-rhythm players crowded around the machine warmed me up a bit. :)