Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
lordb0rb4
24-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2018

by lordb0rb4 Thu May 24, 2018 11:52 am

Max Payne (Playstation 4) - 13/05/2018
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore (Playstation 2) - 15/05/2018
Raging Justice (Xbox One) - 19/05/2018
What if Streets of Rage and Killer Instinct had a baby Nintendo 64 cartridge you asked?

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC) - 24/05/2018
Instant classic, 8bit castlevania at it's purest.
Gameplay and Sound surpassed only by the amazing artstyle and the singularity of each character, amazing job IGA!
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu May 24, 2018 12:17 pm

I just beat the blood boss (first level of the second map); how many more stages do I have?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
lordb0rb4
24-bit

by lordb0rb4 Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

MrPopo wrote:I just beat the blood boss (first level of the second map); how many more stages do I have?

I think there's another map, the top of the castle and that's it!
EDIT: Oh, and make sure you start a new game after beating the main mode ; >
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for the tip.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I've tried to pick it up before on your recommendation, but it's the ONE game I've had get lost in transit from Japan and I just haven't tried again since

Sucks that it was lost (or stolen?). If you put Secret of Mana, Diablo, and Xenoblade Chronicles in a blender, the resulting delicious concoction would be Soma Bringer. Sure the initial area is kind of ho-hum, but it just keeps picking up steam from there getting better and better. Also playing SB via local co-op is a blast.

-

I didn't know Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon had been released already. :shock: Oh dear W:TotFL may have to take a night off.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu May 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep, I plan on giving it a go tonight. Don't have my Switch code yet, but they're giving temporary Steam codes to those affected, so I'll get to play regardless.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu May 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:I've tried to pick it up before on your recommendation, but it's the ONE game I've had get lost in transit from Japan and I just haven't tried again since

Sucks that it was lost (or stolen?). If you put Secret of Mana, Diablo, and Xenoblade Chronicles in a blender, the resulting delicious concoction would be Soma Bringer. Sure the initial area is kind of ho-hum, but it just keeps picking up steam from there getting better and better. Also playing SB via local co-op is a blast.

They gave me a refund, no questions asked, so it all turned out okay. I just never ended up attempting to buy it again Xp
I also have no friends to play with, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying that kind of game before, so I think I'll be fine. I'll have to put it back on my watch-for list :3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu May 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Sarge wrote:Yep, I plan on giving it a go tonight. Don't have my Switch code yet, but they're giving temporary Steam codes to those affected, so I'll get to play regardless.

Yeah I got the Steam version too. That should tell you how much I want to play this. :|

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I'll have to put it back on my watch-for list.

It's worth playing solo for the OST alone, but still a fun game regardless. A trailer. English patch.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Thu May 24, 2018 5:30 pm

I had no idea that Curse of the Moon was coming out so soon. I have the Switch one coming and I don’t really play on PC so I’ll just wait on that.

I finally beat Doom on Switch. I liked the game a lot but I didn’t care much for the boss fights. After the rest of the game being about frantically moving around to avoid enemies while you rain destruction on them and rip them apart with glory kills, the boss fights just feel too methodical and boring. The final boss especially I just shot all my heavy weaponry from a distance and barely had to dodge anything. I guess you might say it’s a change of pace but I think it would have been better if they stuck to what the game did best during boss fights. Sure, have one big boss, but throw waves of enemies at me too and make it chaotic like the rest of the game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Don't want to spoil much from the game, but Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is beaten. I need to dive back in to grab things I might have missed; there are permanent powerups throughout the game. My first run took me 1h45m, which isn't insanely long, but I fully expect it to get harder when I go for the higher difficulties. I played on Normal and Veteran modes the first go.

Anyway, if you love old-school Castlevania, this will (mostly) scratch that itch. It's just close enough to give you a lot of what the classic series did, but also feels just different enough to do a few things of its own. I'm not entirely sure if I feel it stacks up to the classics yet. Normal mode was pretty easy, even if I still died a decent number of times. Having an entire crew to blow through before losing a life, plus lots of opportunities to boost score for more lives, meant that I had 16 total lives at the end.

And yes, you will go flying down pits in veteran mode. Yes, you will miss some jumps and plummet to your doom. It's totally got that part down. :lol:
Return to General Gaming