Games Beaten 2018

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2018

Post by Xeogred »

1. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)
2. Darkwing Duck (NES)
3. Batman* (NES)
4. Journey to Silius (NES)
5. Aladdin* (SNES)
6. Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse* (SNES)
7. Run Saber (SNES)
8. Batman: Return of the Joker (NES)
9. Ninja Warriors (SNES)
10. Thunder Spirits* (SNES)
11. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
11. Thunder Force III* (Genesis)
12. Donkey Kong Country* (SNES)
13. Skyblazer (SNES)
14. Super Turrican* (SNES)
15. Donkey Kong Country 2* (SNES)
16. Super Turrican 2* (SNES)
17. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
18. Monster Hunter World (PS4)
19. Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PSX)
20. Resident Evil 2: DualShock* [Claire A/Leon B] (PSX)
21. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
22. Resident Evil HD* (PS4) [PLATINUM]
23. Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares* (PS4)
24. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition* (PS4) [Vergil]
25. Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
26. Nioh (PS4)
27. Super Mario Bros 3Mix (NES Romhack)
28. Yakuza 6 (PS4)
29. Metroid: Rogue Dawn (NES Romhack)
30. Front Mission: Gun Hazard (SNES)
31. Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB)
32. The Guardian Legend (NES)
33. Brain Lord (SNES)
34. Assault Suits Valken (SNES)
35. Black Mesa (PC) [May2018]
36. Super Metroid Randomizer [C5708009]
37. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC)
38. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (Arcade)
39. Captain Commando (Arcade)
40. Fallout: New Vegas* (PC)
41. The Punisher (Arcade)
42. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
43. TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
44. Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder (Arcade)
45. Golden Axe (Arcade)
46. Undercover Cops (Arcade)
47. X-Men (Arcade)
48. Double Dragon (Arcade)
49. Final Fight* (Arcade)
50. Battletoads* (Arcade)
51. Mega Man ZX Advent (DS)
52. TMNT III: The Manhattan Project* (NES)
53. Mega Man Zero* (DS) [MMZC]
54. Mega Man Zero 2* (DS) [MMZC]
55. Mega Man Zero 3* (DS) [MMZC]
56. Mega Man Zero 4* (DS) [MMZC]
57. Shadow Hearts (PS2)
58. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time* (3DS)
59. Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders (PC)
60. Doom 2: Hellbound (PC) [12hr][Complex|HMP]
61. Doom 2: Sawdust (PC) [50m][UV]
62. Mega Man X* (PS4) [MMXLC]
63. Mega Man X2* (PS4) [MMXLC]
63. Mega Man X3* (PS4) [MMXLC]
64. Mega Man X4* (PS4) [MMXLC]
65. Doom 2: Back to Saturn X EP1 (PC) [7hr][Complex|UV]
66. Mega Man X5* (PS4) [MMXLC]
67. Mega Man X6* (PS4) [MMXLC]
68. Doom 2: Back to Saturn X EP2 (PC) [7h30m][Complex|HMP]
69. Doom 2: Plutonia 2 (PC) [8h23m][UV]
70. Doom 2: Lunatic (PC) [45m][UV]
71. Doom 2: Japanese Community Project (PC) [5h57m][Complex|HMP]
72. Resident Evil 3* (PSX)
73. Dragon Quest V (DS)
74. Koudelka (PSX)
75. Doom (PSX)
76. Final Doom (PSX)

* = replay

Knocked out Final Doom (PSX), only took 5h25min.

Bit of a novelty compared to the first one for PSX. Here, you only got 30 maps when the first is Ultimate Doom + Doom 2 with a mix of 54 main maps and several secret, so this is like half the content. Also the Master Levels take up 13 of the 30 here and I won't say those maps sucked, but I quickly realized all of them were designed with co-op purely in mind. Every single hallway/room is mirrored for two different parallel sides to each area of the maps basically. Probably had the idea that each player would take separate paths, but when they're basically the exact same it's kind of lame playing solo. TNT takes up 11 maps and it was missing some of my favorites. Then there's only 6 maps from Plutonia... fittingly for the end but most of the maps were early ones, Onslaught being the finale which just felt... awkward. Also the Doom PSX/64 versions have some pretty cool minimal atmospheric tunes, but for whatever reason Final Doom PSX goes even more minimal to the point of boredom, good thing I had some streams up on the side while playing through this, guess I could have blasted my own music anyways.

Weird final map huh? Just doesn't feel right. The flow of maps was discombobulated a bit to say the least. And listen closely, maybe you'll hear an instrument or two?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIge3BES9Sc

Okay if you want more PSX Doom, maybe it was cool at the time, but nothing too special with how cut up the TNT/Plutonia content is.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

February
1. Metal Slug 3 (Vita)

March
2. My Name is Mayo (PS4) Replay
3. The Walking Dead (Vita) Replay

April
4. Killzone Mercenary (Vita)
5. Rivals of Aether (PC)

May
6. Metroid Samus Returns (3DS)
7. Pokemon White (DS) Replay
8. Mirrors Edge Catalyst (PC)
9. Consortium (PC)
10. Mass Effect 3: Citadel (PC)
11. Mass Effect 3: Omega (PC)
12. Mass Effect 3: Leviathan (PC)

June
13. Need for Speed: The Run (PC)
14. Tomb Raider 2013 (PC)
15. CounterSpy (PS4) Replay
16. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
17. Call of Duty World War 2 (PS4)
18. inFamous Second Son (PS4)

July
19. inFamous First Light (PS4)
20. Journey (PS4) Replay
21. Titan Souls (PS4 / Vita)
22. The Unfinished Swan (PS4) Replay
23. Deliriant (PS4)
24. The Order: 1886 (PS4)
25. LittleBigPlanet: Metal Gear Solid Level Kit (PS3)
26. LittleBigPlanet: Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit (PS3)
27. Dragon Age Origins: The Golems of Amgarrak (PS3)
28. Dragon Age Origins: Witch Hunt (PS3)
29. Shütshimi (Vita)

August
30. God of War (PS4)
31. Super Stardust Ultra (PS4)
32. Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
33. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Vita) Replay
34. Reverie (Vita)
35. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

September
36. Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition (Vita) NEW
37. Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) Replay NEW
38. King Oddball (Vita) NEW
39. Toybox Turbos (PS3) NEW
40. Critter Crunch (PS3) Replay NEW

I have mostly been playing multiplayer battlefield but I have been plugging away at some games for my trophy hunting habits.

Blasting Agent was a fun little run and gun, worth the cheap cost of admission. Figuring out how to beat the game with the melee only karate agent on a second play through was a great way to mix up the game.

Q.U.B.E I originally played on PC but since it was free with plus I decided to do a run through for the trophies, but man was this game not designed for console, or at the very least I have difficulty with narrow fields of view nowadays. The time trial mode is also glitched for me preventing me from getting the last trophy, which sucks but its time to move on. GEt it on PC if it interests you, skip the console version.

King Oddball is bad. The physics are just so inconsistent, I would do the same toss several times and would get 3+ different results. Just made it more frustrating then fun, but it was something I was just playing while I cooked, or watched some shows so I got through it eventually. Would not recommend though.

I love top down racers, so Toybox Turbos was a no brain-er when it was on sale recently. Was great fun, I blasted through it across 2 sessions. It does not do anything new really with the genre, but its well polished. You get exactly what you would expect, if you like top down racers its worth a look.

Critter Crunch is the kind of action puzzle game I always look back on fondly. I consider it a hidden gem of the PS3 generation. It is also available on PC/Mac if that's your jam, runs well on both. Plays similar to Magical Drop, but with a fun cartoon, nature show aesthetic. It has a great ammount of content, 46 adventure levels offering standard gameplay, 55 challenge levels with specific goals to complete, 100 puzzle levels where you have limited moves to clear a board or all critters, as well as an endless survival mode. I was hoping to mop up the last few trophies I need to 100% this, but challenge 53 is just a bit beyond my abilities, so like Q.U.B.E this will remain 1 trophy shy of 100%. Absolutely recommended, if I were to make a list of my 100 favourite games, this would be somewhere in the top 50 most likely.

As for what I am playing now, picked up Battlefield 1 recently, not liking the multiplayer in this one, but the single player war stories is fun. I also started Furmins on my Vita. Hard to believe that this game was made by Housemarque.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Games Beaten January thru August:
January:

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (DSi ware)

February:

Roundabout (PS4)
Pocket Fighter (PSX)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Batman Arkham VR(PSVR)

March:

Gundam Versus (PS4)

April:

Batman: The Enemy Within (PS4)
Megaman 9 (PS4)
Megaman 10 (PS4)

May:

The Legend of Zelda: BotW (Switch)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA/WiiU)

June:

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors Dreams (Switch)
Megaman (Switch)
Megaman 2 (Switch)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)
Ikaruga (Switch)
Batman: Tell Tale Series (Switch)
Gunbird (Switch)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Switch)
Caladrius Blaze (PS4)

July:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD (PS3)
Street Fighter (PS4)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (PS4)
Megaman X (PS4)
Megaman X4 (PS4)
Super Mario World (SNES Classic)

August:

Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Megaman X2 (PS4)

September:

SNK Gals Fighter (NGPC)
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch)
Super Mario Bros (NES Switch Online)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES Switch Online)

This was actually my first time beating the NES version of Super Mario Bros. Previously, I'd only beaten it on the Super Mario All-Stars collection. I beat it the first evening that NES was available on the Switch Online service - and I was completely hammered. My favorite moment in beating this game isn't even the playing of it (though that was super fun, too) but when Partridge asked me on the Slack channel "How did you get through the World 8-4 Maze drunk?"

To which I replied "There was a maze?"

I also, this evening, beat Super Mario Bros 3. Pretty fantastic game and it plays like a dream on the Switch. I alternated between the joy con and pro controller but the lack of true D-pad on the joy con made it hard to play with accuracy. Sober this time. Of course, the moment I see Bowser at the end all I can think of are all of the Bowsette memes but that's a post for a different forum.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Saw Bowsette for the first time last night...... Dunno what to think. Certainly not as sexy as Waluigi.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Saw Bowsette for the first time last night...... Dunno what to think. Certainly not as sexy as Waluigi.

What about Waluette?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

oh dear that is a thing isn't it?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

On the internet, everything is a thing.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Partridge Senpai's 2018 Beaten Games:
Previously: 2016 2017
* indicates a repeat

1-20

21-40

41. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Expansion Pass DLC (Switch)
42. Battle Block Theater (Xbox 360) *
43. Magicka (Steam) *
44. La-Mulana 2 (Steam)
45. Yooka-Laylee (Steam)
46. Snipper-Clips: Cut it Out Together! (Switch)
47. Magicka: Dungeons and Gargoyles (Steam)

48. Hearthstone: The Boomsday Project (PC)

The only thing I really play Herfstone for anymore is the solo content because the writing is usually funny enough to make me laugh and the AI opponents you get are often fun puzzles to work through. Blizzard's latest Solo Adventure, The Boomsday Project, is literally all puzzles! At an entry price of completely free, as the last two solo adventures have been, I thought why not dip into it. I did them all without a guide and it took me like 10 or 12 hours.

The Boomsday Project is over 120 single-board puzzles to solve between four different objectives: Lethal, Mirror, Boardclear, and Survival. Lethal has you trying to deplete your opponent's health to 0, Mirror is mirroring their board exactly, Boardclear is wiping all minions from the board, and Survival is getting above a certain threshold of health. They're all just 1 turn, and the board's status, your starting hand, and starting mana are always the same. There's even a handy "reset" button right where the "end turn" button usually is for convenience.

Given each puzzle is just a turn, a fair few of them are pretty dead easy, but some of them had me absolutely stumped for upward of an hour they were so hard. They're really cleverly designed puzzles, and especially the final part of each 4 segments had me crazy stumped for at least one of their sections. The writing isn't thaaat funny this time around, but I thought the puzzles more than made up for that. That said, John Dimaggio voices the main antagonist of the adventure, so that certainly makes up for it a little X3

Verdict: Recommended. For the cost of entry, they're really fun TCG logic puzzles that don't require even owning any cards in the game to try out. Playing through it doesn't get you anything but a card back, but it's fun enough that I didn't care. Definitely worth a look if you like logic puzzles that don't eat up too much time (usually :lol: :P ).

49. Timespinner (PS4)

I backed this game on Kickstarter back in June of 2014, and given that there haven't been suuuuper frequent updates (but frequent enough), it was one I'd often forgotten I'd backed. After how much La-Mulana 2 totally blew me away a couple weeks ago, I'd been expecting this game, whenever it finally came out, to be an okay Metroidvania. I woke up this morning to see that I had the backer key for the PS4/Vita/PS3 versions bundle in my email inbox, and I redeemed it and started to play. Some 9-ish hours later I had beaten the final final boss and was watching the credits roll after nearly 100%-ing the game. This game caught me TOTALLY off guard with how damn good it was, and it was compelling and fun enough to have me complete the whole thing in one sitting :lol:

Timespinner is a Metroidvania set in a fantasy/sci-fi world where an inter-galactic empire is trying to steal your tribe's time travel device for their own evil machinations. You escape through the time/space portal to their homeworld to start your plans for revenge. In the process, you end up traveling between the current world and 1000 years in the past to try and right wrongs and weaken the evil empire to the point where you can take down the emperor. It's a fairly basic story on the outset, but it is more than it appears on the surface.

If you're someone who hates political commentary or inclusivity in your games, you're going to hate Timespinner, because it has a lot of both done quite well. The story is full of commentary on the evils of fascism paralleled against commentary on the duality of justice as well as what being a hero really has to do with sacrifice. Granted their quests are more or less entirely optional, it has a well-fleshed out cast of characters of all colors and orientations who I thought were written really well. Hunting down the world-building is also more or less entirely optional, but I was so interested to see the history of the worlds involved and how my time traveling was affecting them that I hunted down every last one I could. The spritework is beautiful, the music is always appropriate and very atmospheric, and the presentation as a whole was an absolute joy for me.

The game is also a great joy to play! This game wears its inspiration on its sleeve, as basically all the UI and even the mini-map are straight out of any DS Castlevania title, but quite frankly if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and this game uses those fundamentals very well. The gameplay is like if Symphony of the Night had a baby with Order of Ecclesia, and the difficulty is somewhere in between. All they buttons are even rebindable :D

The Symphony of the Night DNA here is largely found in the way the map has many warps, as well as the present and past timeline maps serving as a kind of mirror. It's nowhere as massive as SOTN's map, but more akin to Harmony of Disonance's front-and-back castle design (although much better, imo, as that game is such a bitch to get around in because you don't have warps). The game definitely isn't as stupid easy as SOTN, but it's nowhere near as hard as OoE either. One of my main complaints, to be honest, is that the game locks hard mode from the start, and it really would've been nice to be able to pick a harder mode from the start.

The Order of Ecclesia DNA comes in how your character fights. Your combat, instead of monster souls, is based around magical orbs you find. Each orb has a certain main attack quality to it that can be equipped in one or both hands (although each hand are the same button and you attack in a fairly standard combo style, unlike OoE, iirc), with each main attack having a certain attack speed associated with it. You keep getting orbs throughout the entire game, and I was always finding new ways to experiment with them. A big help to how you can experiment with them has to do with how they can all also be used to infuse power (but not consume the orb) into a necklace for a special mana-consuming charge ability, or into a ring for a special passive ability. You can use the trigger buttons to swap between 3 different sets of them, and although there were about only 4 or 5 different attacks I really favored through my playthrough, there are like 15+ different orbs to find in the game.

The most unique mechanic to the game itself quite fittingly has to do with time, and this is a time-stop ability you can use whenever you have enough "sand" for it. You get more sand whenever you hit an enemy or break a passing candle stick. Sand is separate from mana, which they don't call mana but call "aura", and it can be REALLY helpful to beat a lot of the harder parts of the game with. That said, I'm so used to my Metroidvanias not having an ability like that, and the game plays so well during the fighitng without using it, I basically never used it for combat :lol: . I used it most during the puzzles that require it, as there are several areas you can get a nice treasure in a little early if you stop time just right to use an enemy as a platform to get to. It's a neat gimmick, but it's a very unintrusive and easily ignoreable one.

It also has RPG elements as many recent Metroidvanias do, but I wouldn't say all of them land quite so well. You have your standard level ups, as you get stronger for killing things, as well as the standard Metroidvania hard stat-increase items to expand your max sand, as well as your max aura or HP outside of your level-ups. The main things I took issue with are the somewhat Secret of Mana-style way that your orbs, that is your weapons, also have levels independent of your character. Use a weapon more, and it gets more powerful The power differences between them aren't THAT noticeable, but if you're going for the harder optional bosses or doing hard mode, sticking to one thing that works really well is really in your best interest, and this kind of thing discourages experimenting significantly with new orbs you find.

The last neat feature of this game are familiars you can find, kinda like SOTN. Better than SOTN, though, is that not only can your famliars fight for you, but a second player can hop in and control them as a flying invincible battle partner! It's super easy hop-in-hop-out local multiplayer, and I really appreciate when a game makes an effort to do that kind of thing, especially when it's done this well :D . The only thing about the familiars is that, like the weapons, they level up as you use them, so it kinda discourages trying out the new ones you get (even though there are only 6 or 7, and they're often very well hidden after the first one you can't miss). They also get only 1XP per monster killed, and they have to have landed a hit on that monster for the kill to count towards their XP, leading to often just waiting for them to bop the monster before you mince it if you're trying to level up a new familiar to see how you gel with it.

Verdict: Highly Recommended. This game was a delightful surprise and something I just didn't want to end. It gives most of the Igavanias a run for their money with its quality, and if you like Metroidvanias it simply cannot be overlooked. It's currently on PSN and Steam and apparently coming to 3DS later this year, but they're also apparently looking at other possible port options, so I wouldn't discount it coming to Switch eventually if you can wait that long for a game this good~ :wink:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Beat List Of 2018!
*Denotes Replay For Completion*

1. The Granstream Saga (PS1)
2. Perfect Dark (N64)
*3. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)*
4. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (XBOX)
5. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
*6. Pikmin (GCN)*
*7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64)*
8. Shining Force II (GEN)
*9. X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (PS1)*
*10. Mafia (XBOX)*
11. James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (GCN)
12. ChuChu Rocket! (SDC)
*13. Super Metroid (SNES)*
14. Final Fantasy II (NES)
15. Devil May Cry (PS2)
16. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (GEN)
17. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
18. Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (PS2)
19. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GCN)
*20. Paper Mario (N64)*
21. Grandia II (SDC)
22. Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS2)
23. Bomberman Hero (N64)
24. OutRun (GEN)
25. Dragon Warrior IV (NES)
26. Super Monkey Ball (GCN)
27. Mischief Makers (N64)
28. Dragon Valor (PS1)
*29. Beyond Good & Evil (XBX)*
30. Tokyo Xtreme Racer (SDC)

31. Black (PS2)

I beat Black on the Sony Playstation 2 this evening!

I will always have a huge nostalgia for the NES and its library. That was the console that I really first started getting into games and the one that has many fond memories. However, my second renaissance of gaming came in the form of the PS2. Discovering that console in college really reignited my love of gaming, so it too holds a soft spot for me. Much like today, you can check a boat load of good PS2 games super cheap. So, I used to pick up PS2 games in large quantities as that was my main focus of gaming for a long while. During one of these shopping excursions, I picked up Black. The idea of being able to destroy anything was really appealing compared to other FPS games at the time. Considering how cheap it was, I decided to give it a go and try to blow some stuff up.

Compared to many other FPS games, there is a ton of blowing up. You can blow up canisters, cars and even entire buildings. And that never gets old as seeing all of the destruction comes down is so very satisfying. It is also needed as you are dealing with wave after wave of bad guys. You are killing close to 150 enemies per level with each level lasting almost an hour long. At times, it can really be exciting to have that much wanton destruction.

Unfortunately, that is not the majority of the game. It is mostly a tactical shooter as you hitting enemies from far away, ducking under cover and just trying to survive the onslaught. It gets harder when the enemies are literal meat shields and can eat entire clips, included upgraded enemies that have bullet proof shields. With so many enemies and so few checkpoints, you get to replay the same firefights over and over again as it really becomes annoying. The music is dull and the story is interesting to a point, but it falls in the old military cliches way too easily. There is hardly any exploration as you move along a very straight path the entire game. Being a Retro Gamer, I never got into the modern Call of Duty games. Black feels like a precursor to one of those games.

Overall, I feel like I was duped by word of moth and marketing. The shooter with guns a blazing, being able to destroy anything and wanton destruction was not found here. However, if you want a rather competent more precise and tactical shooter where you will be shooting a ton of enemies and using a lot of bullets, Black is not a bad choice.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

270. Shatterhand(nes)
271. Bucky o hare (nes)
272. rescue rangers 2 (nes)
273. Xexyz(nes)
274. Wrath of the black manta(nes)
275. final fight and cadillacs(openbor)
276. TMNT(mame)
277. Castlevania 5 -legacy (nes hack)
278. Shadowgate(nes)
279. Rolling Thunder 2 (genesis)
280. Fatal Fury Special (snes)
281. Aladdin (snes)
282. Castlevania Chronicles (ps1)
283. Street Fighter victory(openbor)
284. Contra (nes) (2nd time)

Been awhile since I posted, will try and write a very brief paragraph or so about each game

270. Shatterhand(nes): great sidescrolling nes platformer, very reminiscent of nes batman, fairly challenging but not insurmountable, very tight controls and great level design. A must play for anyone into nes games

271. Bucky O' Hare: Fun game, gets alot of love on random youtube channels as the greatest hidden gem ever made. The reality is that it is fun, but there are many parts which require massive trial and error. You essectially get infinite lives and a password system so you will not be replaying large portions of the game, but there are definitely some annoying parts. Worth a playthrough, but don't believe all the youtube hype.

272. Rescue rangers 2: very similar to the first game, so if you enjoyed that one you will most likely enjoy this, game is stupidly easy though, far easier than the first. I think I died one time the whole game and this is not a game that I have memorized from my youth. Good for younger gamers and has coop if you want to play with your kids

273. Xexyz: obscure and fun platformer/schmup hybrid. Game is linear and each level is more or less the same but pallette swapped but it remains fun throughout. Definitely worth a playthrough.

274. Wrath of the black manta: nowhere near as good as Ninja Gaiden but I really enjoy this game. It is on the easy side but there are some cool features and lots of cool special powers you can use. Dialogue is kind of corny and the last boss is beyond obscure to figure out but worth a look.

275: FInal fight and cadillacs: openbor mod that combines the universe of final fight along with the game cadillacs and dinosaurs. Average beat em up in every sense of the word, may be worth a look if you are really into both of those games but there are better openbor mods out there.

276: TMNT:(arcade) : nothing to say here, you've all probably played it, one of the games that defined my childhood and still just as much fun to this day.

277: castlevania 5 hack: a hack of the original castlevania, starts out pretty good with unique twists on the levels but the last 2 levels are just straight pallette swaps of the last 2 levels in the original castlevania. Worth a look if you are really in the mood for castllevania but have played the original to death.

278: Shadowgate: this game shows the wonders of the human brain, I loved this game as a kid and it was the first point and click game I ever played in my life. I have not touched this game in roughly 30 years but I instinctively knew where to go and what to do in every room, it truly is amazing how much data your brain stores that you don't even know is there.

279. rolling thunder 2: side scrolling action shoot em up, very unique style and very few games play like this. Outside of codename viper on nes I can't think of any clones to this series. Very tough game and the later levels will take some memorization to get past but you do have unlimited continues and a password which make it much more bearable.

281: aladin (snes) I can see why the genesis version is the prefferred one, this is a good game but it is a very generic platformer that does not really capture the feel of the cartoon the way the genesis does. It is a capcom game and is fun to play, but it really could have been called anything.

282. Castlevania Chronicles: the linear 2d castlevania game that does not get nearly enough love. It is a retelling of castlevania 1 but the graphics are updated, the levels are rearranged, there are some new levels and new bosses. Soundtrack is great, you have more control over your jump and can whip down and diagonally down when jumping. Challenge is exactly what you would want out of a castlevania game, It is one of the best non-metroidvania castlevanias around but noone reallly ever talks about it

284. Contra: 2nd time I played contra this year, had a beyond shitty day at work today and just felt like contra to get my mind off everything. Decided to play it without the 30 life code but that doesnt matter, typically I use the code just for fun and finish the game with 33 lives, so I don't really need it. Contra is hands down one of the greatest games ever made, and to this day 2d schmups are rarely as good as it. It is the kind of game I could just completely focus in on, enjoy the amazing soundtrack, and forget how shitty the rest of the world is.