Games Beaten 2018

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2018

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:72. Monster World IV (Genesis)

You should play the SMS port of Wonder Boy in Monster World too :p
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. Ducktales: Remastered
2. Grand Theft Auto V
3. Diablo III: Darkening Of Tristram
4. Final Fantasy Type-0
5. The King Of Fighters: Neowave
6. Guardian Heroes
7. Puyo Puyo Tetris
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
9. Gunstar Heroes
10. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
11. Ultimate NES Remix
12. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
14. Madden NFL Football

The lone Madden on 3DS had a strangely unoriginal name, but it's basically Madden 11.5. And... it's pretty good. There's a lot of modes left to be desired: namely a franchise mode. But eh, I beat a Super Bowl so I guess it's beaten. It's (somewhat sadly) the best portable football game I've played. Still, I'd love to see a modern Madden on Switch or something that would really do the sport justice.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Partridge, you beat vampyr at the best time. The game originally released with a lot of forced combat scenarios that they later revised and allowed for ways for you to avoid. You would have been forced to do a LOT of killing if you played it at launch. Glad you enjoyed it!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Partridge, you beat vampyr at the best time. The game originally released with a lot of forced combat scenarios that they later revised and allowed for ways for you to avoid. You would have been forced to do a LOT of killing if you played it at launch. Glad you enjoyed it!

Ohhh, I didn't realize those modes weren't in from the start :O
I played through on normal mode, which for all I can tell is the original way the game was at launch (save some bug fixes) and the game has a ton of combat. I never realized the patch you're talking about added the hard mode and story mode. Hard mode basically being you HAVE to eat people because you get basically no XP from anything else (basically forcing you into those hard decisions), and then Story Mode is a very Nintendo kind of thing where it basically takes all of the combat out of the game or makes it super duper easy, so you can still experience the story even if you don't like action games. I love it when games do that kind of thing so more people can enjoy it their way <3 . Outside of story mode, I don't think it's possible to actually do any kind of pacifist run, as you're fighting human vampire hunters (and killing them) all the time. There's definitely more than just a little bit of ludonarrative dissonance there :lol:

This is so cool to know! Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to add in an adendum in the review, as that's really important to know ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

Last night I finished Sonic Adventure for the third time in 19 years, now I can start hunting for all the B and A Emblems.

Since I'm a completionist, I don't really feel 'finished' with a game until I 100% it, so I don't really pay much attention to games when I just 'finish' them. I will try to make a list of all the games I finished (and completed) this year for the sake of this thread, and also as an interesting statistic, though is going to take some time for me to remember what I was doing earlier in the year.

Also, thanks for reminding me about Vampyr, it was one of those games I was interested in on launch, but it managed to slip through the cracks like many games often do, so I will add it in my wanted lists.

I'm not sure where to get it though, looks like the kind of game that would be better played on PC and PC physical versions these days are a Steam Code in a box, so I'm not sure if I should get the PS4 version just to have physical and download through Steam, or whatever.

No matter, I have time to think about it since I'll be getting it some time in the next year.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Arenegeth wrote:Last night I finished Sonic Adventure for the third time in 19 years, now I can start hunting for all the B and A Emblems.

I'm slowly/casually going for all the A Emblems myself. I only have two left; they can be tricky!
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

Nemoide wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:Last night I finished Sonic Adventure for the third time in 19 years, now I can start hunting for all the B and A Emblems.

I'm slowly/casually going for all the A Emblems myself. I only have two left; they can be tricky!

I got most of the mini-game ones today, got the Sandboarding one left, from what I remember it was the hardest mini-game to do. I also started with Big the Cat and got the A Emblem in his first level but it took like an hour. I had forgotten how much of a hassle the fishing mechanics in this game are...

But hey, I did all this before on the XBLA version, I'll do it again. Sonic will be the hardest and the most fun.

I also uploaded to the VMU some of the game's DLC, though it looks like the festive ones overwrite each-other, since I had both Halloween and Christmas and only the Christmas decorations showed up.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

alienjesus wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:72. Monster World IV (Genesis)

You should play the SMS port of Wonder Boy in Monster World too :p

Nope! I like the game, but twice through it is enough for me! :lol:
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Fair enough.

I should start thinking of a new series to pressure encourage you to play soon :wink:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

alienjesus wrote:Fair enough.

I should start thinking of a new series to pressure encourage you to play soon :wink:

Here’s what I’m thinking (with a list of the games in each series I still need to beat):

Castlevania (Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, Haunted Castle, Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge, Castlevania Legends, Castlevania (N64), Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Castlevania Order of Shadows, Castlevania Judgment, Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Kid Dracula (Famicom and GB))

Contra (Contra (Arcade), Super Contra (Arcade), Contra Legacy of War, C The Contra Adventure, Neo Contra, Contra ReBirth, Hard Corps: Uprising)

Donkey Kong (too many to list...)

Double Dragon (Double Dragon (SMS), Double Dragon (2600/7800), Double Dragon 3 (GB), Super Double Dragon (SFC), Double Dragon (GG), Double Dragon V, Double Dragon (Neo Geo), Double Dragon (Android/iOS), Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragon, Battletoads & Double Dragon, Rage of the Dragons)

Fantasy Zone (Fantasy Zone (Famicom), Fantasy Zone (NES), Fantasy Zone (PS2), Fantasy Zone: The Maze, Galactic Protector, Fantasy Zone (GG), Super Fantasy Zone, Fantasy Zone (hidden in Arnold Palmer Golf)

Kunio-Kun (too many to list..)