35. Ever Oasis 3DS
36. Wario World Gamecube
37. Solar Striker Game Boy
38. Pop'n Twinbee GBC
39. Halley Wars Game Gear
40. Overcooked! 2 Switch
41. Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi GBA *NEW*

Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi

I’m a big fan of the Fire Emblem series, and the first game in the series I played was Fire Emblem, the GBA release and the first of the franchise to be localised outside of Japan. Unbeknownst to me at the time though, Fire Emblem was actually Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken in Japan, and was designed to be a prequel to the previous game in the series – Fuuin No Tsurugi, the first of the GBA games in the series.

ImageImage

Fuuin No Tsurugi stars Roy, of Smash Bros fame (literally, he was in Melee before this game was actually released), on a quest to defeat the invading army of Bern led by the evil King Zephiel. Like most of the games in the series, the story is serviceable enough but isn’t the main appeal of the game, and that’s fine by me. It was interested to see what were essentially callbacks to the prequel from my perspectives, but were actually the original source of references in the prequel though.

I’m not going to spend ages going into the mechanics of the game, because it’s very much ‘another day, another Fire Emblem’ in that respect – nothing particularly new on display here for series veterans. The game features 20-something main chapters with a host of tough secret chapters to access as you play through – which normally require beating the previous levels in under a certain turn count or without a certain unit dying. Finding all 8 of these chapters unlocks the final two missions and the good ending, with the story finishing sooner otherwise. You’re also rewarded with some very powerful weapons for each chapter, but if they break early you’ll miss those last two chapters still, so you’ll want to save them for the end.

Fuuin No Tsurugi seems to have a reputation amongst a couple of people here as being cheap or unfair, and I can see why some might think that. Enemies often spawn, move and attack in the same turn making them impossible to plan for, hit rates in general are much lower and less consistent meaning there’s a bigger luck element to your attacks, and enemies are also equipped with some very tough weapons from early parts of the game, including the potentially deadly killer weapons which offer 30% critical hit rate boost. Late game has lots of magic users armed with status staffs who will reliably sleep, berserk or silence your units from across the map.

That said, I found the game to be challenging, but entirely manageable, and I had a great time playing through the game. The middle of the game was definitely the hardest, with some crazy missions that required to to handle objectives at different corners of the maps only a few turns apart in order to rescue everyone, but in all honesty, if you were playing Fire Emblem honestly then you would just have to suck it up and accept it and move on. I, like most other people, reset when I lose a unit, and the extra difficulty there just feels like a consequence of trying to cheat the system to me.

Like most Fire Emblem games, I felt like the difficulty curve is a bit off – in the early game enemies are much closer in stats to your unit, the middle features promoted units and stronger weapons which are a real threat to your units, but in the late game you have such a big stat advantage that the list of things which can truly threaten you is far smaller so you dominate the last few chapters with ease.

Overall, like I said, it’s more Fire Emblem, and that’s never a bad thing in my eyes. The GBA era of the series is my favourite as I think it’s a nice balance between the more refined mechanics of modern Fire Emblem and the simplicity and focus of the gameplay of the older games. Whilst Fuuin No Tsurugi shows a few rough edges from being the first GBA game in the series which were fixed in the next game, I think it still holds up nicely and I had a great time playing it. Oh, and the translation patch I used is also pretty great, unlike some of the other games in the series which are a bit hit and miss in the translation department. Give the game a go if you can, it’s a good time and I recommend it.

Recommended Listening:

Fire Emblem 6 has a solid soundtrack which is fairly memorable, but choosing a standout song was difficult - none of them other than the series' main theme really stand out as iconic to me. Here's a pleasant one though, click the image below to take a listen:

BONUS:
I love Fire Emblem on GBA's super dynamic and over the top animations. Here's a few gifs showing them off:
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2018

Post by Gunstar Green »

So I just played through "A Robot Named Fight!" last night after watching a video about "Roguevanias" and really enjoyed it.

Copying my review on Steam:

"A Robot named Fight!" was a pleasant surprise that flew under my radar due to the flood of Metroidvania and Rogue-lite style of games out there. This game manages to blend the two genres extremely well and is an impressive effort for such a small, one-man project without much backing.

The game doesn't do much to try and break the mold, adhering pretty tightly to the look and feel of Super Metroid (which it does very well) with its own story about a robot saving his fellow robots from a meat invasion. An entire map is generated procedurally at the start of each run and is legitimately fun to explore. If you die, you start all over again with a new map and need to find new items. Unlike most Rogue-likes it's not super difficult especially with save point chambers effectively granting you extra lives (one each) if you find them. The difficulty is more in-line with the actual difficulty of Super Metroid meaning the further you get, the more likely you'll be overpowered and able to survive but the randomized nature of the items will make different runs easier or more challenging depending on luck.

The main appeal is mostly in having a bite-sized Metroid-style game that you can sit down and play for an hour or two and be done with it and for that, it works quite well. Just like Metroid some items are necessary for you to traverse parts of the map you can't reach while other items just make you more powerful. If I had any complaints it's that the required items, although there are variations which is nice, must be in every run in some form in order for you to beat the game which does hurt the variety somewhat. The maps also tend to be pretty straight-forward meaning you won't be straining your brain on where to go next. There aren't really any puzzles here.

However, if you enjoy Super Metroid and are looking for a game that can scratch the itch every so often, the short length and randomness of "A Robot Named Fight!" is fantastic. It's a game you can beat in an hour or two but one you will want to revisit just to try out different weapons and enjoy the gameplay. If you're not thrilled with how Super Metroid plays, it may have less appeal. Ultimately the game sets out to do what it was aiming for and executes better than most games attempting to blend Metroidvanias with Rogue-lites.

(The game is also available on Switch and I think it would make a great portable title due to the low time commitment.)
Ack

Post by Ack »

1. Jungle Book (SNES)(Platformer)
2. Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge (SNES)(Light Gun Shooter)
3. Might and Magic VI (PC)(RPG)
4. Revenant (PC)(RPG)
5. Neo Turf Masters (NGPC)(Sports)
6. Fatal Fury: First Contact (NGPC)(Fighter)
7. Pac-Man (NGPC)(Action)

8. Golden Axe (Genesis)(Hack and Slash)
9. Blood and Bacon (PC)(FPS)
10. Gain Ground (Genesis)(Strategy)

11. Flicky (Genesis)(Platformer)
12. Zombie Shooter 2 (PC)(Top-Down Shooter)
13. Phantasmagoria (PC)(Point and Click)
14. SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter's Clash - Capcom Version (NGPC)(Card Game)
15. Toonstruck (PC)(Point and Click)
16. Riven (PC)(Point and Click)
17. Dragon Wars (PC)(RPG)
18. Dungeon Hack (PC)(RPG)
19. SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (NGPC)(Fighter)
20. Portal 2 (PC)(Puzzle FPS)
21. Goat Simulator: Waste of Space (PC)(Action)
22. Goat Simulator: Payday (PC)(Action)
23. Goat Simulator: MMO Simulator (PC)(Action)

24. Goat Simulator: GoatZ (PC)(Action)
25. Goat Simulator (PC)(Action)
26. Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)(Beat 'Em Up)
27. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC)(Action Platformer)

28. Deadlight (PC)(Platformer)
28. Antichamber (PC)(Puzzle FPS)
29. S.C.A.R.S. (N64)(Racing)
30. Anvil of Dawn (PC)(RPG)
31. Earth Defense Force 4.1 (PC)(Action)
32. Inherit the Earth (PC)(Point-and-Click Adventure)
33. Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny (PC)(FPS)
34. Wolfenstein 3D: Return to Danger (PC)(FPS)
35. Divinity: Original Sin (PC)(RPG)
36. Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop (PC)(Top-Down Shooter)
37. The Haunted Mansion (PS2)(Horror)
38. Prisoner of Ice (PC)(Point-and-Click Adventure)

39. Starship Titanic (PC)(Point-and-Click Adventure)

Douglas Adams made a video game. Members of Monty Python helped out. It uses a text parser. Good luck.

I admit, I love many of the major names that contributed to Starship Titanic. I own and have read the book that came out at the same time. I've watched and read many of the other works that these folks have created. Yet Starship Titanic meanders too much. It falls apart under the weight of its own lunacy and lack of direction. It doesn't ever really seem to know how to tell you where to go or what to do, you're just figuring it out on your own, even when you ask the nice robots for help and information. Above all, it has the kind of ludicrous logic you'd expect from Douglas Adams, which definitely doesn't make it make sense.

To be fair, point-and-click games aren't always known for their logic, but this one just gets downright silly at times. For one thing, I never found the game much use at telling me what I needed to do beyond making sure I got a room upgrade. Sure, I needed to figure out the components to the master control system, but that was something I divined by myself. I spent a good chunk of the game not realizing I could save location maps with their weird wavy sign location thingy, and that these saved locations could be used as objects to then send material from one location to another. Or sometimes actions have to be repeated multiple times before the outcome you want occurs. For instance, in one room I had to hit a button with a long stick 3 times to get a hammer. If I did it correctly, a tone would sound, but I didn't realize that is what was happening; I just thought I wasn't hitting the sweet spot from where I was supposed to click. It was only later during another puzzle where I realized what was happening.

Maybe it's possible that I would have been able to figure this out if I had better understood how to ask, but the text parser required I think a bit like Douglas Adams to use. I've since gone and looked up some of the things I could put into it. Apparently it's set up to have special responses for phrases like "worlds lobster wrestling finals", "dodgyelectronstainremove", and "ve haf vays of making you talk". I like you, Adams, but this probably wasn't the best way to infuse your humor into a video game.

All of this is a shame, because I love the art style of Starship Titanic, and it's a strange and fascinating place to look around. But it also has a parrot that shouts at you constantly, so even when you're trying to enjoy yourself, the game is actively trying to annoy you. As a result, this is something I'd only recommend to the die-hards. Everyone else, there are much better point-and-click games to check out.

Oh, and one last tidbit: the developers thanked the cast of FRIENDS in the end credits. Just thought I'd point this out.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Is starship titanic more or less obtuse than the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy text adventure? Steve Meretzky is one of my favorite game designers but that one was soooooo rough.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Is starship titanic more or less obtuse than the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy text adventure? Steve Meretzky is one of my favorite game designers but that one was soooooo rough.

I'm guessing about the same. Don't expect this to be an easy ride. The pixel hunting in Prisoner of Ice was better.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Partridge Senpai's 2018 Beaten Games:
Previously: 2016 2017
* indicates a repeat

1-20

21-40

41-60
41. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Expansion Pass DLC (Switch)
42. Battle Block Theater (Xbox 360) *
43. Magicka (Steam) *
44. La-Mulana 2 (Steam)
45. Yooka-Laylee (Steam)
46. Snipper-Clips: Cut it Out Together! (Switch)
47. Magicka: Dungeons and Gargoyles (Steam)
48. Hearthstone: The Boomsday Project (PC)
49. Timespinner (PS4)
50. Hollow Knight (PC)
51. Wuppo (PC)
52. Super Mario Party (Switch)
53. Party Hard (Steam)
54. The Final Station (Steam)
55. GARAGE: Bad Trip (Steam)
56. Mr Shifty (Steam)
57. LISA (Steam)
58. LISA: The Joyful (Steam)
59. Divide by Sheep (Steam)
60. The Mummy: Demastered (Switch)

61. Iconoclasts (Steam)
62. Serial Cleaner (Twitch)
63. Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PSVita)

64. Hokuto Ga Gotoku [Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise] (PS4)

I was super psyched at the concept of this game when it was announced and I bought it a month or two after it came out in Japan with the (quite reasonable) assumption that it would never be coming out in America. Well it was announced and came out here and I still hadn't finished it, so I decided it was high time to finally play through this game that just couldn't seem to grab me. Compared to other games in the series (that I have played), it's got its lows and highs relatively, but I still enjoyed my time with it well enough. I played through on hard mode and mucked around a TON for side stuff to do, so it took me about 35 hours to finish.

The game's story is definitely one of the biggest complaints I have. I know that given that I've only played Yakuza 1 and 2, I'm a bit spoiled for the quality of storytelling in those games, but this is a real step down from even Yakuza 1's unfinished-feeling pre-Kiwami story. You really might as well not even bother trying to do the Yakuza "walk around the city and try and do fun things" stuff until at least chapter 6 because the previous chapters are so linear and railroaded that there are actually relatively few sidequests to do during them. The main story itself is very tied to its source material, and I would say that is often a chain around it's neck rather than any kind of boon. A lot of the story feels like fanservice pandering to show off Kenshiro fighting iconic bad guys who are just shoved into the story because they just wanted to have him fight that guy. The story is constantly being pulled between the traditional story and its iconic characters and the new alt-universe story the game presents that has the bulk of the narrative taking place around one city (Yakuza-style). The narrative and characters are definitely the weakest part of the game in a series that I associate with at least decent if not great narrative and character writing.

The side-activities are all pretty familiar to anyone who's played a more recent Yakuza game. You have the host club, bar tending, a rhythm game, colosseum fights, as well as (what I assume is a new addition) buggy racing. This game adds a big open map you can drive around in a buggy in outside the main city, but it feels a bit tacked on not because of how good the driving is (which is pretty fun), but because of the relative dearth of content to actually find out exploring the desert. The other mini-games are really only any more interesting than in the other games by virtue of the narrative finding an excuse for Kenshiro to reluctantly be doing these silly things instead of the main quest, which is actually quite funny (especially the rhythm and bartending games).

The main meat, and where I'd say this is actually one of the best in the Yakuza series, is the combat. This game has totally revamped how the heat action system works and it is SO fun. Although the game doesn't really have any items you can pick up, the heat actions are now tied to enemy positioning and enemy stuns. If you can get behind an enemy or stun them, you can press circle to activate one of Kenshiro's Fist of the North Star techniques for a bunch of extra damage through a small set of QTE actions. There's even a pre-technique other QTE you can do by pressing circle again with the right timing mid-stun and it'll pull off a quick-execution. The big techniques and quick-executions make combat flow super smoothly and a LOT of fun. It is definitely the main thing that makes this game stand out among others in the franchise alongside the FotNS fanservice.

The game's presentation is a bit of a mixed bag. While the character models look great, the cutscenes are beautiful, and the mid-battle in-game cutscenes are also amazing, the other parts of the game seem really oddly underanimated by contrast. The in-game cutscenes that are detached from battles have a very odd and robotic feel to them because characters are voiced but barely ever actually move. They're just standing stoically at one another speaking, and it very often looks really unnatural even for FotNS. It's not a game breaker or anything, and the stuff they nail does look GREAT, but it's something that really pulled me out of any immersion in the narrative/world pretty frequently.

Verdict: Recommended. This game isn't a brilliant Yakuza game, but it's a really fun video game. It's probably the second to last (just ahead of 6) of the 5 Yazkua games out on PS4 I'd recommend for someone's introduction to the series given how much better the writing is in 0-Kiwami 2, but if you're in the mood for a different kind of brawler RPG then this is one you'll probably enjoy, especially if you like ridiculous head-exploding nonsense that comes with the Fist of the North Star license.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

The List So Far:
1. To the Moon [PC/Steam]
2. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 3 [SNES]
3. The Goonies [Famicom] [Together Retro - 01/2018]
4. Disney's Kim Possible: Revenge of Monkey Fist [GBA] [Together Retro - 01/2018]
5. The Addams Family [SNES] [Together Retro - 01/2018]
6. The Adventures of Batman & Robin [SNES] [Together Retro - 01/2018]
7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: Justice for All [3DS]
8. Mickey Mousecapade [NES] [Together Retro - 01/2018]
9. Assassin's Creed II: Discovery [NDS]
10. Half-Life: Source [PC/Steam]
11. The Great Giana Sisters [Amiga] [Together Retro - 03/2018]
12. The Colonel's Bequest [PC/GOG] [Together Retro - 03/2018]
13. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions [PSP] [Together Retro - 02/2018]
14. The Guardian Legend [NES] [Together Retro - 03/2018]
15. Rush'n Attack [NES]
16. A Fork in the Tale [PC/Win9X] [Together Retro - 04/2018]
17. Formula One: Built to Win [NES]
18. Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus: Salamander [PSX]
19. The Dame Was Loaded [PC/GOG] [Together Retro - 04/2018]
20. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [GEN]
21. Kyūyaku Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei [SFC] [Translation: DDSTranslation] [Together Retro - 05/2018]
22. Operation C [GB]
23. Call of Duty: Finest Hour [PS2]
24. Battletoads [NES] [Together Retro - 08/2018]
25. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: Trials and Tribulations [3DS]
26. Gunstar Heroes [GEN] [Together Retro - 09/2018]
27. Koudelka [PSX] [Club Retro - 09/2018]
28. Castlevania: Dracula X [SNES] [Club Retro - 10/2018]
29. Silent Hill 2 [PC/Win] [Together Retro - 10/2018]
30. Splatterhouse [TG16] [Club Retro - 10/2018]
31. Resident Evil 2 - DualShock Ver. [PSX] [Together Retro - 10/2018]
32. Capcom Generations: Chronicles of Arthur: Ghouls 'n Ghosts [PSX] [Club Retro - 10/2018]
33. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier [PC/Steam]
34. Cube Escape: Seasons [Android]
35. Cube Escape: The Lake [Android]
36. Cube Escape: Arles [Android]
37. Cube Escape: Harvey's Box [Android]
38. Cube Escape: Case 23 [Android]
39. Cube Escape: The Mill [Android]
40. Assassin's Creed: Revelations: The Lost Archives [PC/Steam]
41. Shadow of the Ninja [NES] [Club Retro - 11/2018]

42. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [PC/Steam] [Together Retro: Time Travelers Never Die - 11/2018]
Image Image

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time served to reboot the venerable Prince of Persia series following on the heels of Prince of Persia 3D which was the series' first fully 3D title … albeit a rather poor game. Thankfully The Sands of Time provided a fresh start for the series in terms of storyline and perhaps even more crucially it was now in the hands of an entirely different development house. Ubisoft Montreal was a hot developer at the time having released Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell just a year prior to Sands of Time, and it's not a huge stretch to say that it was the combination of these two games that really put Ubi Montreal on the map as a notable game developer.

It's interesting to note this lineage because Patrice Désilets, who was the creative director for this game, would go on to create the Assassin's Creed franchise within four years. So The Sands of Time will feel instantly familiar to any veteran of the Assassin's Creed series. The ancestral DNA here is palpable both in the highly dynamic parkour sections as well as the acrobatic combat. In fact the quality of gameplay in Sands of Time is rather remarkable for just how well thought out and 'fully formed' it is, especially given that this was the first game in the rebooted series and had no existing cycle of 'iterative improvement' on which to prop itself. This is the forward thinking gameplay design that would carry the series on through a trilogy of reboots and would reappear in only slightly modified form when Assassin's Creed released to an entirely new generation of games. That's not to say that the gameplay here is problem free; it's not. In fact some of the gameplay 'quirks' you'll experience here are the same ones that Assassin's Creed struggled with. Walls can occasionally feel 'sticky' insofar as whether you execute a wall run, or whether you run straight up the wall. Targeting of specific enemies during combat can likewise feel a bit janky. It's nothing game breaking but in a game that focuses on feats of acrobatic prowess, it can break the immersion when the Prince suddenly decides to run up the wall unabated.

Image Image

Graphics and sound will largely depend on the tolerances of the player. This game looked and sounded quite nice at the time of its release, but obviously it's not going to set the world on fire in 2018. To that end there are a number of quality of life improvements than can be made to the PC version of the game such as widescreen support, improved controller compatibility, and bug fixes (see here if you're interested), but none of that changes the fact that it's a 14 year old game. Having said all of that, I think the game still looks great even after all these years, at least during gameplay at any rate. As is often the case with games of this vintage, the cinematic clips are probably going to look like ass on high res monitors and screens. There's not much you can do about that except to sort of squint your eyes so as to soften the hard edges of these pixelated nightmares.

Image Image

The story of the game still holds up well and the titular Sands of Time still feel clever as a compelling bridge between the story and gameplay mechanics. At least in terms of heroes and villains, the story is pretty rudimentary (dashing young prince vs. evil old wizard), but the setting and elements of time travel help to spice things up considerably. In many ways though, the strength of the story here rests in large part on the quality of the writing and voice work. Thankfully these aspects are pretty great. The Prince provides voice-over narration through much of the game, and despite being a bit of an egotistical bastard, the narration is a nice (and often humorous) touch. It takes a bit of the sting out of dying when the Prince suddenly interjects with, "No, no, no, that's not how it happened at all".

Image Image

All told, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time still stands the test of time as an incredibly well executed game, a classic 3D platformer that would inspire sequels and a host of imitators. On that basis I think it's easy to recommend Sands of Time on the strength its legacy alone. Having said that, it's a well-founded legacy and it's surprising just how well The Sands of Time still holds up. Recommended for fans of acrobatic platformers and parkour enthusiasts.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Awesome game. I bought that the day it was released, and it blew me away. I’m glad to read that it still holds up pretty well.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Double Post!

First 50
1. Bastion (iOS)
2. LaserCat (360)
3. Zombie Incident (3DS)
4. Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (3DS)
5. Monument Valley 2 (iOS)
6. Zenge (iOS)
7. Master of Darkness (Game Gear)
8. Wonder Boy (SMS)
9. Full Throttle Remastered (iOS)
10. Adventure Island (NES)
11. Adventure Island II (NES)
12. Adventure Island (GB)
13. Super Adventure Island (SNES)
14. New Adventure Island (TG16)
15. Adventure Island III (NES)
16. The Legend of the Ghost Lion (NES)
17. Part Time UFO (iOS)
18. Adventure Island II: Aliens in Paradise (GB)
19. Adventure Island IV (NES)
20. Super Adventure Island II (SNES)
21. Adventure Island: The Beginning (Wii)
22. Quell Memento (3DS)
23. Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade)
24. Saiyuuki World (Famicom)
25. Whomp ‘Em (NES)
26. Bikkuriman World (TG16)
27. Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (TG16)
28. Go Series: Picdun (DS)
29. The Keep (3DS)
30. Dooors (3DS)
31. Ninja Gaiden (Arcade)
32. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
33. TMNT (GBA)
34. Double Dragon Advance (GBA)
35. Mighty Final Fight (NES)
36. Double Dragon II (Arcade)
37. Kung Fu Master (GB)
38. Cube Escape: The Lake (iOS)
39. Cube Escape: Seasons (iOS)
40. Cube Escape: Arles (iOS)
41 . Cube Escape: Harvey’s Box (iOS)
42. Cube Escape: Case 23 (iOS)
43. Cube Escape: The Mill (iOS)
44. Rusty Lake Hotel (iOS)
45. Cube Escape: Birthday (iOS)
46. Cube Escape: The Theatre (iOS)
47. Rusty Lake Roots (iOS)
48. Cube Escape: The Cave (iOS)
49. Rusty Lake Paradise (iOS)
50. Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone (Arcade)

51. Knightmare Tower (iOS)
52. 80s Overdrive (3DS)
53. Hitman Go (iOS)
54. Deus Ex Go (iOS)
55. Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis)
56. Double Dragon IV (iOS)
57. Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
58. Double Dragon (GB)
59. Shadow Tower (PS1)
60. Double Dragon 3: The Sacred Stones (NES)
61. Double Dragon II (GB)
62. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap (SMS)
63. Legend of the Dark Witch Ep. 2 The Price of Desire (3DS)
64. Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis)
65. Costume Quest 2 (PS3)
66. Resident Evil (NDS)
67. Pang Adventures (iOS)
68. Resident Evil Deadly Silence (NDS)
69. Cube Escape: Paradox (iOS)
70. Time Soldiers (Arcade)
71. The Dynastic Hero (TG16)

The Dynastic Hero (TG16) is Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis) with: (1) better cinematics; (2) a CD soundtrack; (3) some dialogue changes; (4) some redrawn sprites; and (5) nerfed difficulty. The redrawn sprites don’t really match the rest of the game; the dialogue changes are pretty bad; the CD soundtrack isn’t any better than the Gensis’ chiptunes; and the nerfed difficulty makes the game far too easy. The game is fine otherwise, but if you are only going to play one version of this game, I recommend sticking with Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis).
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

inFamous: Second Son with Good Karma and 0% DUP in all areas.