Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2018

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nah I've played it like 50 times.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Nah I've played it like 50 times.

Damn. I got excited there. :oops:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

nullPointer wrote:I guess I'm saying your pic rules. :mrgreen:

Awwwwww....thanks! I like your picture too. :D

I really need to dig into Dual Destinies and Spirirt of Justice at some point. As a former litigator, Miles Edgeworth is the only lawyer in the entire series I actually respect - unlike Phoenix, he understands the need to actually prepare for a hearing - and I think the trials with him are the series’ high point. (Although, the trial with Manfred Von Karma is also pretty solid.)
elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (WiiU)

I've finished my first game of the year. Captain Toad was an easy pick up and play game that kept me entertained for about 7 hours of play time. It really lends itself well to short bursts of playing as it was quite simple to pass a couple levels even if you only had 15 minutes of time to kill. I'd seen it praised a number of times on this forum and it lived up to the reviews.

It was rarely challenging to progress, but a few of the collectables took some thinking (and I certainly haven't played this to absolute completion, so there are may be some really tricky unlockable bonus levels). Bosses are quite simple, but overall the game stays interesting enough that it didn't really matter

If you like puzzle based adventures then this is sure to please.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Segata wrote:Zero Gunner 2.

Wow! What a great game! I've wanted this game forever but the Dreamcast prices are out of control. Got it on Switch and might be the first time it was released in the US on home systems? Helicopters vs Giant Robots. What can be better? I like how you can adjust your craft 360 degrees. Makes a much more dynamic game. The graphics have cleaned up VERY WELL! Reminds me why I'm still impressed with Dreamcast visuals. very sharp very clean and colorful. The music has that wonderful midi you got from games like this in 90s arcade shooters. Love it! Seriously any Switch owner should get this game!

Thanks for the head’s up! I’ll be picking this one up soon.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

elricorico wrote:Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (WiiU)

I've finished my first game of the year. Captain Toad was an easy pick up and play game that kept me entertained for about 7 hours of play time. It really lends itself well to short bursts of playing as it was quite simple to pass a couple levels even if you only had 15 minutes of time to kill. I'd seen it praised a number of times on this forum and it lived up to the reviews.

It was rarely challenging to progress, but a few of the collectables took some thinking (and I certainly haven't played this to absolute completion, so there are may be some really tricky unlockable bonus levels). Bosses are quite simple, but overall the game stays interesting enough that it didn't really matter

If you like puzzle based adventures then this is sure to please.

Treasure Tracker is a lot of fun. The bonus levels are just remixed versions of the earlier levels. They’re certainly harder but they didn’t interest me enough to bother unlocking all of them. The main game is plenty of content on its own though.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Games Beaten in 2018 So Far - 11
* denotes a replay

January (11 Games Beaten)
1. Phantasy Star Portable - PlayStation Portable - January 1
2. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Xbox One - January 9
3. Duck Tales - NES - January 10
4. Yakuza Kiwami - PlayStation 4 - January 14
5. Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament - PlayStation 4 - January 20
6. Doki Doki Literature Club - Steam - January 20
7. Deep Space Waifu - Steam - January 21
8. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Steam - January 21
9. Duck Tales 2 - NES - January 22
10. TaleSpin - NES - January 22
11. Duck Tales 2 - NES - January 23

11. Duck Tales 2 - NES - January 23

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers was one of Disney's shows of which I was aware as a kid but never really watched much of. Pretty much everyone who spends any time on the internet is aware of Rescue Rangers even they don't think that they are; no one can escape R34 Gadget no matter how hard you try. Other than seeing little bits and pieces of the cartoon as a kid, though, that was the extent of my knowledge of it. I never played the game growing up, and I never sought it out when I got older. It was just "meh" to me.

ImageImage

Rescue Rangers is a platformer, but it's one with a very different feel than Duck Tales. Instead of playing as an aging duck, you play a tiny little chipmunk...or a squirrel...or some small rodent, I don't know. As such, the momentum and movement feel a bit different. You move a little faster and jump a little higher (albeit without a pogo), and the character feels a bit floatier. Instead of hitting things with a cane like a golf club, you pick objects up and throw them at enemies. While the levels are MUCH more straightforward than those in Duck Tales, the game was a lot more difficult for me. It wasn't brutal, but I definitely found myself dying more often and having to take a lot more time and care with levels in Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.

ImageImage

The music in the game is of the same pretty high quality as Capcom's other Disney-licensed games, and the same goes for the visuals. Colors are bright and well balanced, and the various enemy sprites are all well detailed and move fairly smoothly. There's some noticeable slowdown in parts of a few levels, but for the most part, the game performs pretty well. There's a nice variety of levels - around a dozen if memory serves - and each level has a pretty distinct look and feel, so the gameplay never feels stale or rehashed.

ImageImage

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers is a good platformer and addition to Capcom's Disney-licensed portfolio, but I personally found it disappointing after having played Duck Tales and Duck Tales 2. It's a good game, but it just doesn't stand up against those two in my opinion. Like the other Capcom Disney games I've reviewed, it's readily available in the Disney Afternoon Collection, so if you've downloaded that, give it a go. It's a very different game than Duck Tales, so it's very worthwhile to experience both even if I find this to be the inferior of the two.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

Whatever, dude. Sometimes some crimes go slipping through the cracks.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:Whatever, dude. Sometimes some crimes go slipping through the cracks.

I was going to say the next line, but all I can remember is "These two leet dudes are roxxoring your ass".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Beat List Of 2018!
*Denotes Replay For Completion*

1. The Granstream Saga (PS1)
2. Perfect Dark (N64)

*3. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)*

I completed Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete on the Sony Playstation 1!

I have already beaten Lunar 2 once before. This time, I was going through it again just to collect everything that I had not done before. I needed to collect all of the Bromides and do the Epilogue. Because this was a replay, my review will be much shorter and just a quick synopsis.

Lunar 2 is very similar to the original Lunar and that is not a bad idea. The game does have some improvements as the story is more fleshed out and the characters have more depth. Also, the wonderful Collector's Edition is a great addition to any PS1 RPG collection. With wonderful voice acting, fantastic Anime cutscenes and the right difficulty, Lunar 2 is a fantastic JRPG on the PS1. The extras put it over the top to make another great RPG to add to the series.