24-bit

Re: Games Acquired 2018

by ESauced Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 am

I picked up Mario Odyssey for my ne Switch and downloaded the following:

Snipperclips
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Hiragana Pixel Party
Vs Super Mario

I’ve played Mario Odyssey and Snipperclips before on my brother’s Switch so I knew those are great going in. And I love Vs Super Mario in the arcade. The original Super Mario doesn’t pose enough challenge anymore until really late in the game so this is less nostalgic but more fun.

I started Mighty Gunvolt Burst and I’m only a couple levels in but I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed. I don’t really like the weapon customization, it was unintuitive at first and now that I’ve figured it out it’s just too time consuming. The levels are meh so far.

I hadn’t even heard of Hiragana Pixel Party before stumbling across it in the eshop and instantly looked up a review. I am trying to learn some Japanese for a trip to Tokyo in the next couple years so this seems like a fun way to pick up Hiragana.
Retrogameresource
8-bit

by Retrogameresource Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 am

A Switch with Mario Odyssey and BOTW

Only have played Odyssey so far, more than half done. I love the game despite being luke warm on 3D platformers in general. It is absolutely great, but not my favorite Mario ever or anything.
I think I like it better than 64 though, may be recency bias.
http://retrogameresource.com/ Your Source for Retro Game Curation
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

First pick ups of the year :P.

Amazon
1. Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4) $24.83
2. Beyblade V Force Ultimate Blade Jam (GBA) $2.25
3. Final Fantasy XI Online w/ 40GB sony HDD & Network Adapter (PS2) $7.03 took a gamble and got lucky. Maybe I'll finally install a HDD in my old PS2.
4. Splinter Cell (PS2) $3.29
5. Stranger of Sword City (Vita) $16.76
6. X-Squad (PS2) $0.92
7. Crimson Sea 2 (PS2) $5.37
8. King Arthur (PS2) $1.14
9. Monster Rancher Evo (PS2) $10.81
10. Starsky & Hutch (PS2) $1.54
11. The Terminator Dawn of Fate (PS2) $2.64
12. Transformers the Game (PS2) $1.02
13. Mad Catz Light Blaster Light Gun (Xbox) $11.42
14-18. Personal Trainer Cooking (DS) x5 $1.20 ($0.24 each) Got it mostly for a few spare DS cases plus the $1 no rush digital credit :).
19. Battle Arena Toshinden (GB) $5.84

January

In:
1. Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4) $24.83
2. Beyblade V Force Ultimate Blade Jam (GBA) $2.25
3. Final Fantasy XI Online w/ 40GB sony HDD & Network Adapter (PS2) $7.03 took a gamble and got lucky. Maybe I'll finally install a HDD in my old PS2.
4. Splinter Cell (PS2) $3.29
5. Stranger of Sword City (Vita) $16.76
6. X-Squad (PS2) $0.92
7. Crimson Sea 2 (PS2) $5.37
8. King Arthur (PS2) $1.14
9. Monster Rancher Evo (PS2) $10.81
10. Starsky & Hutch (PS2) $1.54
11. The Terminator Dawn of Fate (PS2) $2.64
12. Transformers the Game (PS2) $1.02
13. Mad Catz Light Blaster Light Gun (Xbox) $11.42
14-18. Personal Trainer Cooking (DS) x5 $1.20 ($0.24 each) Got it mostly for a few spare DS cases plus the $1 no rush digital credit :).
19. Battle Arena Toshinden (GB) $5.84

Spent: $96.06
Sold:
Net: $96.06
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Those in italics are digital games; those in standard font are physical. Anything crossed out has since been sold and is out of my collection, but I'm keeping those counted towards the YTD count since I did acquire them this year.

Acquired Year-to-Date: 3 Games; 3 physical, 0 digital

January (3 Games Acquired; 3 physical, 0 digital)
Super Gunworld 2 (PS4)
Double Dragon IV (PS4)
River City Melee (PS4)

New for January 1
Super Gunworld 2 (PS4)
Double Dragon IV (PS4)
River City Melee (PS4)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Been getting some Bday gifts early and one of them is from a buddy. He knows how badly I want this game. I know it's not real sadly but it's the thought that counts. I didn't buy this he did. I just played a couple stages in the other room and I had forgotten it doesn't have the arcade music. Bummer as the arcade has one of the most badass OST's of its era. Still going to have fun.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
katastrophic88

by katastrophic88 Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 am

Picked up BoTW, The Flame in the Flood and Count Lucanor for the Switch. So far, so good.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:52 am

Segata wrote:Been getting some Bday gifts early and one of them is from a buddy. He knows how badly I want this game. I know it's not real sadly but it's the thought that counts. I didn't buy this he did. I just played a couple stages in the other room and I had forgotten it doesn't have the arcade music. Bummer as the arcade has one of the most badass OST's of its era. Still going to have fun.

Nice, probably my favorite Beat Em Up ever made. Congrats.

Its not the arcade game, though, its actually a for-console sequel, they just messed up the naming in the states. Its actual title is "The Ninja Warriors Again". Though it lacks Daddy Mulk, it blows away its predecessor in just about every way possible. Its a bummer the US release removed one of the enemy types, which throws off balancing and variety. Luckily, the jp cart still has the story in English, so if you ever decide to snag a real cart, I'd recommend that one. :)
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Segata wrote:Been getting some Bday gifts early and one of them is from a buddy. He knows how badly I want this game. I know it's not real sadly but it's the thought that counts. I didn't buy this he did. I just played a couple stages in the other room and I had forgotten it doesn't have the arcade music. Bummer as the arcade has one of the most badass OST's of its era. Still going to have fun.

Its not the arcade game, though, its actually a for-console sequel, they just messed up the naming in the states. Its actual title is "The Ninja Warriors Again". Though it lacks Daddy Mulk, it blows away its predecessor in just about every way possible. Its a bummer the US release removed one of the enemy types, which throws off balancing and variety. Luckily, the jp cart still has the story in English, so if you ever decide to snag a real cart, I'd recommend that one. :)

Yeah, it's damn fun. If I have the chance no doubt.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:39 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:

WHOA

Gonna have to play it then.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Return to General Gaming