Games Acquired 2018

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2018

Post by isiolia »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:My sister-in-law's dad's old Macintosh IIx arrived yesterday! Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, especially gaming-wise, as I have no experience with that kind of thing, but i can't wait until I have the time to fire it up and check out how that funky, blocky mouse works X3

Cool! I kinda-sorta have one of those, in the sense that I have an SE/30 in the basement that needs to be recapped so it'll boot (more or less the same computer in an all in one). Yours probably has a color video card though.

If it didn't come with a compatible monitor, you'll likely need an adapter to connect it to much of anything. While there are plenty of software repositories out there, you might also need something to create Mac floppies (such as this).
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Those in italics are digital games; those in standard font are physical. Anything crossed out has since been sold and is out of my collection, but I'm keeping those counted towards the YTD count since I did acquire them this year.

Acquired Year-to-Date: 9 Games; 9 physical, 0 digital

January (9 Games Acquired; 9 physical, 0 digital)
Super Gunworld 2 (PS4)
Double Dragon IV (PS4)
River City Melee (PS4)
Rock Boshers DX (PS4)
Mecho Tales (PS4)
Yesterday Origins (PS4)
Rock Boshers DX (Vita)
Mecho Tales (Vita)
Lost Sphere (Switch)

New for January 23
Lost Sphere (Switch)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

isiolia wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:My sister-in-law's dad's old Macintosh IIx arrived yesterday! Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, especially gaming-wise, as I have no experience with that kind of thing, but i can't wait until I have the time to fire it up and check out how that funky, blocky mouse works X3

Cool! I kinda-sorta have one of those, in the sense that I have an SE/30 in the basement that needs to be recapped so it'll boot (more or less the same computer in an all in one). Yours probably has a color video card though.

If it didn't come with a compatible monitor, you'll likely need an adapter to connect it to much of anything. While there are plenty of software repositories out there, you might also need something to create Mac floppies (such as this).

My sis-in-law's dad is actually an electrical/computer engineer (I don't kremember specifically), so this is his old work computer, as it turns out XD
It's taken him so long to send it to me because he's been working with his friends to fix it. They must've been having a lot of fun X3
But they already tested everything out, and even provided the old analog to the new analog adapter already! They're so nice QwQ

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had time to try setting it up yet, but that should be something I'm able to get to today :D

----

On another note, I had a LOT of amazon credit from trading in old textbooks, and I saw a copy of Mario X Rabbids on there for only $48 new, so I snagged it. It gets here and it turns out it's a PAL copy with a big PEGI rating on the front. More than that, all the text on the back is in two language. Everything is in French, and then it has a Dutch or English-language counterpart. Never both Dutch AND English, just one or the other :lol:
That'll be another thing I get to eventually. Debating between doing that and restarting the first Edo-period Yakuza game again for my next console adventure.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Those in italics are digital games; those in standard font are physical. Anything crossed out has since been sold and is out of my collection, but I'm keeping those counted towards the YTD count since I did acquire them this year.

Acquired Year-to-Date: 11 Games; 11 physical, 0 digital

January (11 Games Acquired; 11 physical, 0 digital)
Super Gunworld 2 (PS4)
Double Dragon IV (PS4)
River City Melee (PS4)
Rock Boshers DX (PS4)
Mecho Tales (PS4)
Yesterday Origins (PS4)
Rock Boshers DX (Vita)
Mecho Tales (Vita)
Lost Sphere (Switch)
Rabbids Land (Wii U)
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Wii U)

New for January 24
Rabbids Land (Wii U)
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Wii U)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Zero Gunner 2 Nintendo Switch
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I haven't been keeping super up to date with posts here, but here are some stuff I've recently gotten:

WiiWare
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Pokemon Rumble
Snowpack Park
Tomena Sanner
Zombie Panic in Wonderland

Wii
Fishing Resort

Steam
Zwei: The Arges Adventure

I haven't gotten too many games this month, but I have been trying to get all of the WiiWare games that I want before the Wii's shop closes. There's still a few more that I want to get, but not too many.

Also Fishing Resort was free since I had a Gamestop giftcard to use. It looks like it's in good condition too! Now I need that fishing controller haha.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

AWWW YEAH "NEW" ZWEI DROPPED TODAY.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

laurenhiya21 wrote:Steam
Zwei: The Arges Adventure.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:AWWW YEAH "NEW" ZWEI DROPPED TODAY.

I saw this as well! But ... that's really all I know about it. :oops: So get me up to speed; what are we looking at here? Sequel? Remaster? Direct port? Thanks in advance!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Game was originally on PC. Think this is mostly a (very late) localization.