We need a Skies of Arcadia Remake or Sequel

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

We need a Skies of Arcadia Remake or Sequel

Post by Segata »

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 it's easy to make comparisons to Skies of Arcadia. It has parts with similar music. The setting of the sailing island to island even tho yes in XC2 the islands are massive Titans. Both MC's are male with some attachment to the Skies as a rogue and wear blue. Any comparison np pun intended is surface level. Xenoblade 2 is still very much a Xenoblade game. It's just that there is just enough there to give some of the same vibes of Skies of Arcadia that it makes you seriously want a new SOA. Xenoblade 2 just lacks ship battles to basically make it SoA2.

In a world where Bubsy, Crash, Medieval, Shenmue, Mega Man and much more. So why not SOA? Anyone else getting the same vibes from this game and if so what specifically and do you want a new SOA game or remake? What would you change or add?

Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: We need a Skies of Arcadia Remake or Sequel

Post by Reprise »

I would love a sequel and I was always surprised we never did get one. I assume it just didn't sell well enough. I believe the GameCube port underperformed at least.

Bit late now though, Sega just isn't the same Sega now.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Besides the explore, the ship battles probably my favorite part in Skies Arcadia. I do like the Gamecube port better for the less random on the ground battles; the Dreamcast drive would always make me go oh crap another battle!

Too bad there were not a sequel part two for the Wii or WiiU. Maybe Nintendo might pick up the game for the Switch?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'd buy it, but Sega doesn't have any interest in the franchise after it didn't sell great. Fanboy love doesn't feed the bank unfortunately.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Even though I haven't completed the original yet (I REALLY need to get back to it), I would buy a sequel.
I'm not as much of a fantasy fan as most RPG fans, so I identified more with this beauty.

I wouldn't do a remake as I think the original holds up quite well -- just a re-issue would be cool and then a high-quality sequel that doesn't stray too much from the original art direction.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Well they have bought out Atlus and Persona 5 performed really well, so maybe that will make tempt them? I think there's a huge Final Fantasy shaped gap in the market, now that Square Enix seems to be so (insert rude metaphor for this) blinded by greed and trying to turn Final Fantasy into an action RPG series. Which leaves a lot of room for more traditional JRPGs to sell.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

That would be cool. However, I think I'd like to see Phantasy Star V. :)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:That would be cool. However, I think I'd like to see Phantasy Star V. :)

But who would you fight in Phantasy Star V? IV involved utterly kicking the ass of the big bad behind the big bad as I recall.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

MrPopo wrote:
Sarge wrote:That would be cool. However, I think I'd like to see Phantasy Star V. :)

But who would you fight in Phantasy Star V? IV involved utterly kicking the ass of the big bad behind the big bad as I recall.

Video games are like comics and if you really want to..you can always bring things back no matter how tight things wrapped up. I found that out esp today with Xenoblade 2.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I'm sure they could come up with something. :)