Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Collections within a collection.

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am

Exhuminator wrote:I believe I have all the Nep games released physically in the USA for Vita:

8)

:|

I, of course, have every Nep game released physically in the USA period.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Ys

I'm trying to get all retro Ys stuff (don't have all the modern systems, don't plan on getting them).

If you already have the TurboGrafx games, the rest isn't too bad.

I'm trying to get all the Ys PC games as well, but this is proving to be tricky. Complete and Ancient Land of Ys are pretty damn impossible to track down.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah, I've got all three TurboGrafx releases as well as 1 on SMS, 7 on PSP, 8 on PS4, and Origins on PS4 and Vita (along with a handful digitally on PC that I don't count).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I, of course, have every Nep game released physically in the USA period.

Seems legit.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, I've got all three TurboGrafx releases as well as 1 on SMS, 7 on PSP, 8 on PS4, and Origins on PS4 and Vita (along with a handful digitally on PC that I don't count).

Oooohhh you got a ways to go, but it's certainly doable.

I'd grab Ys V Expert (Super Famicom) and Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (PS2) while you can. They're oddball entries that are steadily a-climbin' in price.
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm

I think I have most of the Prince of Persia games from when the Playstation 2 and XBOX were a big deal. I didn't really collect them on purpose, though, I just kept finding them at thrift stores.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Anayo wrote:I think I have most of the Prince of Persia games from when the Playstation 2 and XBOX were a big deal. I didn't really collect them on purpose, though, I just kept finding them at thrift stores.

Likewise, I never set out to get all three Prince of Persia games on PS2, but they sold so many copies in their day, that any retro collector can find numerous copies in the wild. I guess when I start collecting for PS3, I will stumble across a copy of PoP: Forgotten Sands to round out the collection.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Not sure if this fits counts but I just finished the US releases of the YuGiOh World Championship games: from 2004 to 2011 between GBA and DS.

I fell off of the physical card game in 2005 so for me this is a great way to relive some memories and see where the game went after I "quit."
My BTS List: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37219
My 8 Gen portables: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41354
My First Guide: Re-Released games w/DLC (this guide needs work. *UPDATED*): viewtopic.php?f=52&t=44588&p=821770#p821770
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

Arcade - Pinball Collections
This might be true with many of us? My biggest collection within a collection would be all the Arcade and Pinball Compilations repeated on each console, portable, PC and iMac. Williams, Namco, Atari, SNK, Gottlieb; so many discs!

samsonlonghair wrote:
Anayo wrote:I think I have most of the Prince of Persia games from when the Playstation 2 and XBOX were a big deal. I didn't really collect them on purpose, though, I just kept finding them at thrift stores.
Likewise, I never set out to get all three Prince of Persia games on PS2, but they sold so many copies in their day, that any retro collector can find numerous copies in the wild. I guess when I start collecting for PS3, I will stumble across a copy of PoP: Forgotten Sands to round out the collection.

Same here, I bough the series as I found them on the cheap, even the lowly older Dreamcast version. Since various consoles of the exact same game (Wii even changed name on one of the remakes), I would research comparison reviews of each version. Have every Wii game and a mix of PS2, Xbox and Gamecube versions as well. Though no God of War, I do like the wall run and the 8bit original unlock.

PC had the most detail; a surprise which console the better version for different coding categories.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Head-to-Head - PC vs Gamecube vs Ps2 vs Xbox
http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/11/18/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-head-to-head?page=1

Prince of Persia Two Thrones (Gamecube PS2 Xbox) vs Prince of Persia Rival Swords (Wii PSP)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/04/04/prince-of-persia-rival-swords-review-2
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to General Gaming