Collections within a collection.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Collections within a collection.

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm not a huge Mega Man (but flake is trying to change that, bless his heart), so I've only got Mega Man and Mega Man IV on NES.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Sarge wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Would like having all the 8bit Mega Man games on Nintendo hardware work for this? I've got MM1-6(NES) and MM1-5(GB).

And now I'm jealous. I wish I had MMIV and MMV on Game Boy. (I do have the NES series, however.)

MM4 is the only one of the lot that cost me much of anything either, got lucky with #5. I ended up buying an original GB and it came with it along with around a half dozen games for I think $50-70 something in that range. A few of the games I already had, sold them and either broken even or came close. MM5 is quite amazing as it's a fresh one unlike the others which are NES split personality rehashes. I'm not huge on MM anymore, probably suck at them I would imagine, but I used to really dig them years ago so I always wanted to get the GB stuff. I ended up finding 5 earlier this year, then picked off 3 and 4 after that.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I have every "traditional" side scrolling platformer Mega Man game on their respective systems with the exception of MMZ where I have the DS collection instead. Also I don't have X7 and X8 because bleh.

I went the Japanese route for MM 7, X3, MM IV (GB) and MM V (GB) though. It was only really important to me to have the US versions of 1-6 and the original Mega Man X and I luckily accomplished this back when I first started collecting and none of the games were particularly expensive.

I guess other collections-within-collections would be my Wing Commander and MechWarrior games. I also like to collect mecha-related games in general.

Another minor one was getting all of the US Namco Genesis games which would have been a nightmare to do today given how the Rolling Thunder and Splatterhouse stuff shot up.

I also like collecting golden age arcade ports and 2nd gen ports like Bone. I have way too many arcade compilations and crappy plug 'n plays.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Just remembered that I have the complete Wario Land game series.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I believe I have all the Nep games released physically in the USA for Vita:

8)

:|

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I really dug Mega Man IV. While it had the same bosses as the other NES games, it felt very fresh and high quality. I'd put it right there with Mega Man V personally.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I don't have everything from when they were Clover but I do have every retail game Platinum has released.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Sarge wrote:I really dug Mega Man IV. While it had the same bosses as the other NES games, it felt very fresh and high quality. I'd put it right there with Mega Man V personally.

I'm right there with you. Honestly in a lot of ways I think it's even better than V in that there's more variety in the stage design. V is great but it has a lot of samey mechanical levels with no clear themes. A lot of bosses that were kind of lame or had uninspired levels on the NES also sort of got a redemption here.

Thematically it's also kind of the "end" of the GB series in that it brings back all of the Mega Man hunters and has a fairly climactic finale. It was intended to be the final game for the GB series but the team reportedly had such a good time making it they decided to go for one more.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, that stood out to me. I'd ignored it because I'd played through the first three (of which the third is the best, but very samey); I very quickly realized the error of my ways. I should probably at least import a copy or something. MMV made its newness quite clear, but there are mechanics I didn't care for, like the Mega Arm.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I have to admit that Mega Arm caught me off guard as it's just so weird. Risk vs reward in how you approach it, but in an environment like MM it's hard to really want to go with really abusing that powered up. I'm not the best at the GB releases because they didn't well compromise the look of megaman with the smaller resolution so you have a little less area to work with to dodge stuff. It wasn't too bad on there, but on GBC it got ugly, and GBA (MM & Bass ) it was downright evil and I backed off the stuff selling the GBC and later stuff as it wasn't worth destroying gameboys over.