Collections within a collection.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Collections within a collection.

Post by Ack »

Yes, though I was more interested in specific genres on certain consoles as opposed to set series. My first big endeavor in video game collecting was to track down all SNES fighting games. Once I had them all, I started looking at doing the same for Nintendo 64, just to see what that console's fighter library was really like. My collecting has slowed to a crawl, but I am still interested in track in down all SNES RPGs.

As for series, there are a few I acquired in their entirety on places like GOG, such as the Ultima, Might and Magic, and Gothic series. They interest me, and I have wanted to spend more time with them, so I bought them as a bundle.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

My main subset collecting goals at the minute are to collect all of my Virtual Console games in a physical format and to collect all of the Treasure-developed games that interest me.

The second one of those is more intimidatingly expensive than the former, and the former is gonna cost me for a few games like Wild Guns.

Actually, I'd quite like to finish up my collection of RareWare games on N64 too. I only need a handful - Goldeneye, Mickey's Speedway USA, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Killer Instinct Gold.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've got a few.

I'm going for a full North American Wii U set. I'm only about 14 games away there. I'm also going for every Army Men game; for that set, I'm only missing a couple of PAL exclusive versions. As Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo franchise, I'm going for a full set of that series. I'm only missing two - Binding Blade on GBA and New Mystery of the Emblem on DS. I'm going to start going for an Ys set (but only for the systems I own; sorry PC-9801 and X68000), but I've only recently gotten into that series.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Oh yeah, Fire Emblem is a series I'm trying to complete too, but I guess I don't really think of that as a deliberate collection, just more that I want to play the whole series. I have plkenty of series where I try to own all the games in.

I'm missing Thracia 776 and New Mystery of the Emblem, so I also only need 2 to finish the set.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

alienjesus wrote:Oh yeah, Fire Emblem is a series I'm trying to complete too, but I guess I don't really think of that as a deliberate collection, just more that I want to play the whole series. I have plkenty of series where I try to own all the games in.

I'm missing Thracia 776 and New Mystery of the Emblem, so I also only need 2 to finish the set.

Thracia 776 is the hardest of the set to get because it's so damn rare. A Super Nintendo game that didn't get a retail release until the Gamecube was about to be announced and only got released in one country? Yeah, not easy to find.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

My first move was to collect every Sonic Game for Genesis complete in box. Not hard at all. There's basically five games (six if you count mean bean machine), plus a handful of compilations that include those games.

I'm always looking to collect every Legend of Zelda game. I will never complete this collection. :lol: Nintendo keeps releasing new LoZ games, and I'm unwilling to pay MSRP for a brand new game, so I will never catch up. I'm just a hamster running on the collection wheel. :roll:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

samsonlonghair wrote:My first move was to collect every Sonic Game for Genesis complete in box. Not hard at all. There's basically five games (six if you count mean bean machine), plus a handful of compilations that include those games.

I'm always looking to collect every Legend of Zelda game. I will never complete this collection. :lol: Nintendo keeps releasing new LoZ games, and I'm unwilling to pay MSRP for a brand new game, so I will never catch up. I'm just a hamster running on the collection wheel. :roll:

I need the GBA ones and the CD-i ones (yes, unfortunately, I count those), but those are the only Zelda games I'm missing (I don't count the Wind Waker/Metroid Prime combo).

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:My first move was to collect every Sonic Game for Genesis complete in box. Not hard at all. There's basically five games (six if you count mean bean machine), plus a handful of compilations that include those games.

I need the GBA ones and the CD-i ones (yes, unfortunately, I count those), but those are the only Zelda games I'm missing (I don't count the Wind Waker/Metroid Prime combo).

At any given moment I'm missing the latest Legend of Zelda game. For instance, I don't have Breath of the Wild yet (as of today's date). Plus there's a couple of the re-releases that I don't own. For Instance, I own Majora's Mask on the N64 and on Gamecube but not on 3DS yet. In the case of Link's Awakening, I own the DX version for Game Boy Color, but not the B&W version on the original Game Boy.

The really crazy part is that I almost never have the patience to finish one of these games all the way through. :lol:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Would like having all the 8bit Mega Man games on Nintendo hardware work for this? I've got MM1-6(NES) and MM1-5(GB).
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Tanooki wrote:Would like having all the 8bit Mega Man games on Nintendo hardware work for this? I've got MM1-6(NES) and MM1-5(GB).

And now I'm jealous. I wish I had MMIV and MMV on Game Boy. (I do have the NES series, however.)