Mega Man 11 is a game that has been announced to soon exist

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Mega Man 11 is a game that has been announced to soon exist

Post by noiseredux »

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/4/16734 ... lease-date

Mega Man 11 is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One in 2018, Capcom announced today. The game is a side-scrolling action platformer in the vein of the previous 10 Mega Man games, but with 3D visuals.

Capcom said Mega Man 11 will be released in “late 2018,” in time for the Blue Bomber’s 30th anniversary.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Mega Man 11 is a game that has been announced to soon ex

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'm iffy on the art direction but we're still a year out so I'll reserve my judgement until then.

Nothing's going to stop me from playing a new classic Mega Man regardless and it's nice to finally see something new. I'm glad they decided not to go with the new animated series designs as rumors were flying around about that.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

the art... I don't know yet. I'll wait and see how it looks in motion. I mean, in fairness they did the throwback with 9 and 10, so whatever, I'm fine with them trying something new now.

This announcement actually makes me want to get around to trying Mighty No. 9 now, haha. I guess just to properly compare the two. Though this won't be out for like a year.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:the art... I don't know yet. I'll wait and see how it looks in motion. I mean, in fairness they did the throwback with 9 and 10, so whatever, I'm fine with them trying something new now.

This announcement actually makes me want to get around to trying Mighty No. 9 now, haha. I guess just to properly compare the two. Though this won't be out for like a year.

I gotta say I'm really not diggin' the art as well. Maybe the name Mega Man 11 just gave me expectations of 8-bit that I shouldn't've gotten up so high, but I definitely didn't expect that. It almost looks like they're trying to ape the MN9 style with the faux-3D thing. I certainly don't recall any of the other Mega Man's having that.

Then again, maybe it's something that X does a lot that they're continuing here. I'm a total stranger with the X-series past the first game.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I had some issues with the animation in the trailer. At any rate, my reaction is...

PLEASE DON'T SUCK.

That is all.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I think this actually looks pretty decent in motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozPrGsaSE8

I am cautiously optimistic. MM11 is gonna have a hard time beating Mighty No. 9 though.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I really do not dig that sorta shiny/sorta cell-shaded art style. Looks like the latest MVC, almost, and that doesn't look all that great, either. It's like all the characters are made out of some kind of shiny plastic. I wish they wouldn't do that.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'm good so long as I don't have to hear, "I'm Clown Man!"
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

I like to imagine that Capcom got so pissed off at Mighty No. 9 that they decided to make this.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

While I am not a die hard Mega Man fan (I really need to dig into the series more), I kinda like the art direction, but I admit it could be improved.
the video clips I've seen so far seem pretty slick!