Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 games you are hyped about!

by Reprise Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I can safely say my Switch gets far more play time than my PS4. That's all I have to say on the matter. Hell, I even cancelled my subscription to PSN, because the console is collecting dust.

It's probably the most enjoyment I've got from a console since... I don't know what. Probably the GameCube.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet.
Left Alive (PS4)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Bone is going to own a system on the same year it released.... IT REALLY IS THE END TIMES!!!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:48 pm

I played a lot of FPSs this year: from Far Cry to Metro. Because of this I am most excited for the sequels to both of this franchises: Far Cry 5 and Metro Exodus.

That's pretty much it really. I spend a lot of time in these types of open world FPS games so I'll be busy for awhile.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 pm

alienjesus wrote:Is this because when you first played those consoles you were younger and more positive and now you're a grumpy old pirate who wants us to ask him about King's Field?

Aye. And wit' enough time and experience ye'll be sailin' right along side me laddie.

Segata wrote:When you own one you will get what I mean. \ only 9 months old and I see 301 games listed for it.

I am not trying to dismiss the Switch when I say this; the vast majority of those 301 games aren't exclusives. They aren't really "Switch games", so much as multi-platform releases that you can also play on the Switch. Now maybe it is funner to play multi-platform releases on the Switch for you, because you really enjoy the Switch hardware. That's cool, there's nothing wrong with that. It's just what motivates me to buy a new platform are its exclusives. And not just any exclusives, but exclusives that I think are interesting personally. The Switch is slowly building up a pool of exclusives that I am interested in. When that pool is deep enough I will jump in. It could be late 2018.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Has nothing to do with exclusives. Just the library is the same kind of games SNES was getting and that can't be disputed. Period.
marurun

by marurun Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Segata wrote:Has nothing to do with exclusives. Just the library is the same kind of games SNES was getting and that can't be disputed. Period.

That is such an overbroad assertion it would be impossible to dispute. We would have to have some clue what you’re on about first.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Segata wrote:Has nothing to do with exclusives. Just the library is the same kind of games SNES was getting and that can't be disputed. Period.

You're going to have to try harder than that man. You can't just lay down a totalitarian statement and drop the mic. :lol:

Build some legs for your statement to stand on. Correlate for us how the Switch and the SNES' libraries are such perfect analogs. Give informative details and objective evidence. Draw a logical conclusive summary.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 am

I already did. I showed you some of the games and types of games it's getting. The very same types of games SNES received. You are wrong and you don't own one so you really have no room for talk. Done talking about it. If you really want to know Wikipedia exists. Now that's enough derailing from you please. I'm far from the first or last who has made the comparison so... whatever. I don't need to justify anything.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 am

Segata wrote:I already did. I showed you some of the games and types of games it's getting. The very same types of games SNES received. You are wrong and you don't own one so you really have no room for talk. Done talking about it. If you really want to know Wikipedia exists. Now that's enough derailing from you please. I'm far from the first or last who has made the comparison so... whatever. I don't need to justify anything.

10/10
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming