Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: 2018 games you are hyped about!

by samsonlonghair Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:31 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:whoa i think i need a switch

Which game triggered this response?

all of them.

You might say he switched his viewpoint on the subject. :wink:
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:59 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Here is my list for most hyped about games of 2018!

1. SHENMUE 3! - Do I think Shenmue 3 will come out in 2018.... probably not, but I am a dreamer and will continue to dream until the end of times because the fact that this game exists proves that dreams do come true.

4. Octopath Traveller - I have had a huge falling out with JRPGs, mostly because of time and my lack of it. Something about Octopath Traveller though is different. I played that demo. I fell in love with the art style. I immediately connected with the two characters you played as. It is gonna be amazing. Bone, I know you thought only maybe Yoshi and Kirby on the Switch are things you might be excited for and I say that you will most definitely enjoy this one. Imagine if Final Fantasy VI merged with 3D Dot game heroes visually and the mechanics are of a more traditional turn based RPG with some neat mechanics. It is gonna be so good!

Yes, this! So much this!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:You might say he switched his viewpoint on the subject.

I was just wondering if Bone was triggered by Dragon Quest Builders being available physically, on a handheld, in English. Because if that was the case, he could already have that on his Vita, as there is a physical Asia region version in English.

I am in no way saying Bone shouldn't be excited for, or not wish to own, a Switch.
I will likely buy a Switch myself in late 2018.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:38 am

Switch will give you the same joy as the first Game Boy and the SNES combined.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:11 am

I backed Bloodstained but I have to say I’m less excited about it now than when I backed it. The demo left me worried. But here’s hoping it’ll exceed my expectations.

Me wife is really excited about Sea of Thieves, and since our son was born we haven’t really played any games together like we used to, so that’ll be fun.

I’m hoping to pick up a Switch next year too, so what I’m most excited about is this year’s Switch games. I’ll get Mario but I actually already played through it with my brother (although nowhere near 100%) and I beat Zelda on my Wii U, so is it weird the Switch game I’m currently most excited to get is Puyo Puyo Tetris? I might also get Bomberman because it looks like maybe they fixed it with the updates.

I had to look up what else comes out next year. If Psychonauts 2 actually releases in 2018 then that’s a definite buy. Same with Kingdom Hearts.

And man there are a lot of PS4 games coming out next year. Last of Us 2, God of 4 (see what I did there?), and Spiderman. Alas I don’t own a PS4 and probably wouldn’t have time for those anyway. But PS4 owners are getting spoiled next year.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:44 am

Don't feel weird. Puyo Tetris is great haha.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 am

Segata wrote:Switch will give you the same joy as the first Game Boy and the SNES combined.

I've already played a Switch, and I'm afraid I disagree with that assertion. But it's nice the Switch has such ardent fans.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 am

Exhuminator wrote:
Segata wrote:Switch will give you the same joy as the first Game Boy and the SNES combined.

I've already played a Switch, and I'm afraid I disagree with that assertion. But it's nice the Switch has such ardent fans.

Is this because when you first played those consoles you were younger and more positive and now you're a grumpy old pirate who wants us to ask him about King's Field? :wink:
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Exhuminator wrote:

Played not owned. When you own one you will get what I mean. Those kinds of games being announced on a daily basis for Switch. So many awesome 3rd party and first party games. So many JRPGs and niche Japanese games that made SNES so great is what Switch is getting. Then playing all the amazing Neo Geo ports and then stuff like Gunbird. Botw and MO. SMTV as a console release. Octopath Traveler. Lost Sphear. DQXI. Xenoblade 2 and Romancing Saga 2. The Secret of Mana Collection (which includes the Game Boy games) Kamiko. Fire Emblem (not talking Warriors) then ARMS, USFII, Bomberman R and Mega Man 11. Puyo Puyo Tetris and more. Hell, even Doom! I look on Eshop and the system is only 9 months old and I see 301 games listed for it. A great deal of them are good. It's literally getting the kinds of games SNES got.

As for the topic. Adding Medievil remakes to the list.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:You might say he switched his viewpoint on the subject.

I was just wondering if Bone was triggered by Dragon Quest Builders being available physically, on a handheld, in English. Because if that was the case, he could already have that on his Vita, as there is a physical Asia region version in English.

I am in no way saying Bone shouldn't be excited for, or not wish to own, a Switch.
I will likely buy a Switch myself in late 2018.

My wife bought me one for Christmas. I peeked.

I asked my brother for Soldam.... So my first Switch game won't be Mario or Zelda but some obscure puzzle title. :lol:
Return to General Gaming