Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: 2018 games you are hyped about!

by Segata Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

Valkyria Chronicles 4 getting on Switch. Loved the first game on PS3.
marurun

by marurun Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Tanooki wrote:- Yooka Laylee -- those inexcusable delays I may just punish them and wait on a fat sale on GoG but I do want it

Wow, that's some harsh rhetoric. Fortunately, the developers probably don't care.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Wonder what new Atari games will come out in 2018? The AtariAge December line-up looks boss.
https://atariage.com/store/
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 pm

marurun wrote:
Tanooki wrote:- Yooka Laylee -- those inexcusable delays I may just punish them and wait on a fat sale on GoG but I do want it

Wow, that's some harsh rhetoric. Fortunately, the developers probably don't care.

Yeah, that's a pretty shitty attitude. The delays are bothersome as a consumer who wanted the Switch version, but I wouldn't call them "inexcusable", without understanding the ins and outs, nor would I want to punish the developers. But then there are people who are still holding a grudge against them because they decided to scrap the Wii U version and move development over to the Switch instead... Something I don't blame them for at all. One was a dead console, the other was the more powerful successor with a very bright future.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Yakuza 6
Shenmue III

Anything else is just going to be a very nice surprise. Trying to not get my hopes up for anything else. :)
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Always taking digs at my comments about stuff so I guess I'm not surprised. I kept up with Yooka Laylee and anything I've seen so far leans towards them blaming Unity for their problems saying that when they updated it awhile back to fully support Switch it broke stuff on top of other things they hadn't got finished off yet. That would seem to be they had some faulty code going causing problems. At this rate it has been a lot of months and no change in status so it's hard to say are they sitting and trying, or sitting and protesting to Unity until they run another kit update. They're playing a blame game while the developers having a similar problem with Battle Chasers aren't making excuses but working to correct the problem to release it. That's why I took the shot at one and not both.

I'm not set in stone on it, I may get it on Switch but at some point if it drag and drags more and I see some 50-66% off sale on either game on some quarterly/seasonal GoG sale they'll make the choice for me. I'll play and they'll get a large chunk of their profit removed having it bought on that format. Supply and demand, if they don't want to meet the demand, then the supply gets picked up elsewhere.

I do agree with maru though, after this long, he's right the probability of the developers not caring is fairly high or they'd have worked out something by now. Maybe they should just cancel it. Reprise is right though dropping a failed long zombie dead system for the active one was a smart choice, but to promise, not deliver, then leave people hanging for many months is not the right way to go about things. I'd think if it came out and cost more than the others it would be the ultimate kick in the teeth. Spit in your face level if it ends up like RIME -- broken and $10 more expensive.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Bloodstained
Yakuza 6
Dragon Quest XI

I don't really think Metroid Prime 4 will make it next year, but who knows. I think there's another game or two I'm forgetting about, but otherwise I hope and kind of expect that 2018 will be a slower year after this insane 2017. Will give me more time to catch up and do some retro gaming. The last ones I want to play from this year are Mario Odyssey if I get a Switch, Yakuza Kiwami, and Nioh.

Biggest wish is for something new from From Software.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:53 am

I can't think of anything that I'm super duper hyped for (at least not any that I know will come out next year), but there's a few games that I'm looking forward to, such as:

- Physical Vita copies of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative
- Penny Punching Princess
- Atelier Lydie & Suelle (even though I'm not caught up with the Atelier series :| )

Can't think of anything else right now, but there are probably other things.
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Bloodstained. That's about it right now.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 pm

marurun wrote:Bloodstained. That's about it right now.

This and cautiously MechWarrior 5 if it manages to not get delayed.
Return to General Gaming