Post your current gaming want/wish list, aquire opinions.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Post your current gaming want/wish list, aquire opinions

Post by Segata »

Thank you.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

When I get some time, I may comment on some lists, as well as take the time to put one of my own together for at least a few systems. Might be good to have one, anyway.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Xeogred wrote:Worth noting pierrot has crazy thoughts and I have gotten the vibe Ex isn't hot on FF in general... so take those posts for what you will. :P
(just poking fun at you guys)

Let me show you just how crazy I am!
Let me show you just how crazy I am!

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The numbered games start to get hairy after that and you're better off sticking to spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles and whatnot.

I'm not so sure about the sequels, but I feel the original Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is the best game in the Final Fantasy pantheon.

Segata wrote:No takers on my list? Probably too long.

A long list without any organization by console, genre, etc is cumbersome to parse.

I'm going to pick off a few from Reprise's reply.
Napple Tale DC <--- I've got this one. Seems quirky and fun, but have only played it twice haha.

One of my favorite games on the Dreamcast (amid a bunch of favorites for the console). The end of the Fall stages, with "Folly Fall" playing in the background is one of the most emotionally supercharged scenes I've witnessed in video games. It's far from a perfect game, and to be frank, it has a bit of a budget title feel to it at times, but I simply adore it. The action platforming is typically fun, while also being challenging in later levels, the adventure and story are quaint and charming, the world is colorful, and the soundtrack by Kanno Yoko is, as usual, absolutely brilliant.

Segaga[ga] DC <--- Yes! Get! Even if you'll never complete it due to the language barrier (I haven't, but have got far more than a few times.

I've beaten this game, and while it's fun to get a sort of caricatured peak behind the curtain of Sega's development process during the Dreamcast era, Segagaga REALLY feels like a budget title. It's not a bad game, but I still found it to be a bit of a chore to play. In order to get the final chapter, and the real ending, you have to get 100% market share by a certain point in the game, and that is no small task. I was only able to get about 53% market share. Getting that market share is based on the game development producer sim that's a key part of the game, and timing releases with Dogma Corps' big releases. If the game you're working on isn't a blockbuster hit, though, you're usually hosed if you try to put it up against one of those big releases from "Dogma." I'd pass on it for the price these days.

Light Crusader Genesis <--- Oh shit yeah, get this one dude! I loved it as a kid and it still holds up decently. The puzzles are really cool and it's really unique, since the dungeon is the main experience and the world outside it is the afterthought.

One of my favorites for the Genesis. I have to agree with Reprise. Light Crusader is inexpensive, and one of the best games of the generation. Incredibly good OST, too.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

So, my Backloggery Wishlist is currently sitting at 777. However, most of those are all games in large franchises. Also, most of those are not high on my want list and just a large way of organizing my want list. Since I don't have a way of posting that quickly and I'd rather not, I figured I would do a much smaller list.

Here are my top 10 most wanted games:

1. River City Ransom (NES)
2. Mega Turrican (GEN)
3. Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
4. Top Gear Rally 2 (N64)
5. Marvel Vs. Capcom (PS1)
6. Mr. Driller (DC)
7. Atelier Iris 3 (PS2)
8. Pikmin 2 (GCN)
9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords (XBOX)
10. Ducktales 2 (NES)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Markies wrote:2. Mega Turrican (GEN)
3. Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords (XBOX)

I finally got around to Mega Turrican myself this year and it was amazing! Really high caliber stuff graphically and musically too.

Super CV4 rules. Nuff' said.

KOTOR2 is incredible and some of the best and darkest written Star Wars material out there. I like it more than the first game.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:Exhuminator's love of King's Field and dislike of Final Fantasy IX just makes me think that he hates fun and whimsy personally. :lol:

"Fun"

Fun
-
Xeogred wrote:I have gotten the vibe Ex isn't hot on FF in general

FFs I've beaten and what I'd rate them

FFV 6/10
FFVI 9/10
FFVII 7/10
FFIX 7/10
FFXII 9.5/10

FFs I've played but quit playing yet what I'd rate them

FFIV 7/10
FFX 5/10

One of my goals next year is to beat a couple Final Fantasy entries. I've gotten the FF 1-4 remakes on my PSP, and FFVIII on my phone. I've got FFX, FFX-2, and all the FFXIII entries on PS3. Between all that and emulation, there's plenty to choose from. It's not that I don't like FF. It's more that there are lots of other more interesting JRPGs out there to play. FF tend to put the focus on characters and presentation first and foremost, while keeping the gameplay simple, a winning formula with the masses. But a less than thrilling formula for those who seek avant-garde entertainment.
-
Markies wrote:So, my Backloggery Wishlist is currently sitting at 777.

:lol: Lucky prize! You win!

Opinions...

1. River City Ransom (NES) <---This game is fun for five minutes. It starts becoming exponentially less fun the longer you play.
2. Mega Turrican (GEN) <---Not bad, but I'd go for Super Turrican 1 & 2 on SNES first.
3. Super Castlevania IV (SNES) <---Fantastic platformer, love the whip mechanics and crazy mode 7 effects.
4. Top Gear Rally 2 (N64) <---No opinion. But if you're looking for the best N64 racer, it's F-Zero X.
5. Marvel Vs. Capcom (PS1) <---A decent port. I tend to MAME it though.
6. Mr. Driller (DC) <---No opinion.
7. Atelier Iris 3 (PS2) <---Considered the weakest of the original Atelier Iris trilogy. But if you already have the other two, go for it.
8. Pikmin 2 (GCN) <---If you have a Wii, go for the Wii Pikmin 2 port. It's got Wii Remote controls, better for RTS.
9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords (XBOX) <---Lots of folks love it. I'd do the GOG PC version though.
10. Ducktales 2 (NES)[/quote] <---Fun game, not a fun game to pay cash money for.
-
Segata... I'll just list the games I think you should prioritize, with bolded games being the most emphasized.

Assault Suit Leynos 2 Saturn
Blazing Lasers TG16
Contra Genesis
Toad Treasure Tracker Wii U
Demon Gaze PSVita
Valkyrie Drive Vita
Criminal Girls Vita
Gal Gun Double Peace PS4
Monster Hunter Stories 3DS
Mary Skelter PSvita
Axiom Verge retail Vita
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload PS4
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony PS4
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered PS4
Blue Reflection PS4
Stranger of Sword City Vita
Lost Dimension PS3
Child of Light Vita
Radient Historia 3DS
Gungrave PS2
Rule of Rose PS2
SMT DS2 3DS
SMT DSO 3DS
Disaster Day of Crisis Wii
Digital Devil Saga PS2
SMT Nocturne PS2
Lost Kingdoms Gamecube
Baroque Wii
Arc Rise Fantasia Wii
God Hand PS2
Soul Blazer SNES
Red Steel 2 Wii
Little Kings Story Wii
Radiata Stories PS2
Grim Grimoire PS2
Last Window DS
Threads of Fate PS1
Dark Cloud 2 PS2
Wild Arms XF PSP
Double Dragon SMS
Light Crusader Genesis
Robo Aleste
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

@Exhuminator - I am 99% sure that Kirby Planet Robobot is going to be $25 at your local Target on Black Friday.

Meanwhile, here's my list. It's all Sega and Atari at the moment.

Atari 2600

Star Trek
Seaquest
Pheonix
Stargate (Defender 2)
Juno First
Solar Fox
Turmoil
Spider Fighter
Star Voyager
Space Chase

Genesis

Jewel Master
Rolling Thunder 2/3
Wonderboy in Monsterworld
World of Illusion
Gunstar Heroes
Thunder Force 3
Lightening Force
X-Men 1/2
Might & Magic
Outrun
MERCS
Whip Rush
Arrow Flash
Fire Shark
Phantom 2040
Hellfire
Cadash
Sunset Riders
Golden Axe 2
Rambo 3
Blades of Vengeance
True Lies
Wings of Wor
Ys III
Galahad
Super Street Fighter 2
Gauntlet IV
Mortal Kombat II
Roadblasters
Twin Cobra
Vapor Trail
Phelios
Gain Ground
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

marlowe221 wrote:@Exhuminator - I am 99% sure that Kirby Planet Robobot is going to be $25 at your local Target on Black Friday.

Meanwhile, here's my list. It's all Sega and Atari at the moment.

Atari 2600

Star Trek
Seaquest
Pheonix
Stargate (Defender 2)
Juno First
Solar Fox
Turmoil
Spider Fighter
Star Voyager
Space Chase

Genesis

Jewel Master
Rolling Thunder 2/3
Wonderboy in Monsterworld
World of Illusion
Gunstar Heroes
Thunder Force 3
Lightening Force

X-Men 1/2
Might & Magic
Outrun
MERCS
Whip Rush
Arrow Flash
Fire Shark
Phantom 2040
Hellfire
Cadash
Sunset Riders
Golden Axe 2
Rambo 3
Blades of Vengeance
True Lies
Wings of Wor
Ys III
Galahad
Super Street Fighter 2
Gauntlet IV
Mortal Kombat II
Roadblasters
Twin Cobra
Vapor Trail
Phelios
Gain Ground

To the bolded YES! GET THEM!
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

pierrot wrote:
Light Crusader Genesis <--- Oh shit yeah, get this one dude! I loved it as a kid and it still holds up decently. The puzzles are really cool and it's really unique, since the dungeon is the main experience and the world outside it is the afterthought.

One of my favorites for the Genesis. I have to agree with Reprise. Light Crusader is inexpensive, and one of the best games of the generation. Incredibly good OST, too.

How could I forget the OST? The music in Light Crusader is easily some of the best of that generation and the overall presentation and graphics are sublime too. A lot of people tend to think isometric graphics have aged due to the clumsy controls and clunky attempt at 3D, but I think Light Crusader still holds up really well. The dungeon is designed really well, with a lot of decent puzzles. I loved experimenting with all the different magic combinations too, which really added to the combat.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

marlowe221 wrote:Pheonix
Ys III

These are the priorities.