Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: New trailer for SMT V on Switch

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:

I have this. It kicked my ass.

Yeah, don't play that version, Bone. You want the SFC version. You lose out on the Namco owned enemies, but it's a much more manageable experience, and there's a trick to meet a Jack Frost at the beginning of the game that gives you 10 levels for free. Both of the Megami Tensei games are really tough in the beginning, but get a little more friendly as you recruit/make stronger monsters. They're tough throughout, but the Famicom version of the original game is on significantly higher orders of demonic.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

You're talkin' about the compilation, right? Good to know!

Oh, yeah and the Last Bible games kick ass (though I haven't played the Super Famicom one).
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You're talkin' about the compilation, right? Good to know!

Yeah, Kyuuyaku. My personal feelings are that the way to play the original Megami Tensei is via Kyuuyaku, for the aforementioned playability aspects (and possibly the single greatest BGM I've ever heard on the console), but Megami Tensei II is really best on the Famicom, because of the OST, and faster pace of play. Megami Tensei II, and Shin Megami Tensei are similar enough games that I would just recommend SMT over MT II, for all but the most die hard of fans. I like MT II, but SMT is objectively the better game.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Just so everybody knows, there is a full English fan translation of the SFC remake of Megami Tensei 1 & 2:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2263/

And Pierrot is so right about Megami Tensei II's Famicom OST, it's amazing stuff.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I've heard the OST's of the NES/SNES games at least. Amazing and unique stuff for sure.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Now confirmed SMTV is coming to the US. They showed an English version of the same trailer.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Segata wrote:Now confirmed SMTV is coming to the US. They showed an English version of the same trailer.

Yeah my Switch wanted list has recently grown to four titles, this is a good trend. I think I'll buy a Switch next year. I haven't bought a new handheld in a long time.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I agree. Switch's future is starting to look bright and i would get one myself if hadn't decided to wait until the eventual 1.5 version comes out. What i like most about swtich is that it's seems to be getting a lot of rhythm games.