Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else

Concerning the Games Beaten thread reviews:

I read every review thoroughly.
11%
I only read some users' reviews thoroughly.
26%
I tl;dr & read the last few sentences of reviews.
9%
I glance over the reviews but barely read them.
11%
I don't read the reviews at all.
No votes
Posting reviews is dumb everyone should stop doing it.
No votes
If you enjoy reviews: I prefer long multi-paragraph reviews.
21%
If you enjoy reviews: I prefer short and sweet reviews.
19%
If you enjoy reviews: I'd rather see a review score than a review.
No votes
I have an opinion not listed as an option, so I'll post a reply instead.
4%

Total votes : 47
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: A community poll about reviews in the Games Beaten threa

by Xeogred Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Without pictures, I doubt I would bother to read or be potentially "sold" on any game. Some users here are frankly putting up like new HCG101 article-quality posts and it's amazing. If you're still on AOL dial up, it's time to relocate.

And yeah it's easy to block animated avatars. I've done that myself.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Good job not addressing the actual criticism there and instead making up your own.

HG101 articles generally have a better text to pic ratio and an actual layout with a sidebar for more pics, which is a lot less distracting and bloating.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:52 pm

PresidentLeever wrote:Good job not addressing the actual criticism there and instead making up your own.

HG101 articles generally have a better text to pic ratio and an actual layout with a sidebar for more pics, which is a lot less distracting and bloating.

"I don't like images and can't find summaries" is all I got out of the last page from you. Can't help that.

But thank you. I tried really hard with my post above there that exudes effort.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Ok and can you point to where I say that it's because I'm on dial up? Yes, you can learn basic english and not being a douche for no reason.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:09 pm

PresidentLeever wrote:Ok and can you point to where I say that it's because I'm on dial up? Yes, you can learn basic english and not being a douche for no reason.

you mad bro?

chillax: spill no anger over an online video game forum.

I tend to try to do concise 1 paragraph reviews most of the time. Then a couple of times a year at most, I’ll do a super in-depth thing. I think people read both *shrug*?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:21 pm

If you don't like long reviews with images, about this thread? That's kind of our thing in this thread.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:If you don't like long reviews with images, about this thread? That's kind of our thing in this thread.

I mean, /I/ write long reviews with no images, but I haven't beaten a game in like two months *glances at Youkai Watch 3* so I've been fairly absent here lately :b
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
marurun

by marurun Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:15 pm

I don’t really care for random images or large images. An image should be just large enough to convey the desired impression. It should also be carefully selected to illustrate key points of the review or otherwise contribute meaningfully. Rando screencaps are a waste of my time and data. If a picture is worth a thousand words, they should be helpful and on-topic words, and not pointless ones.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:03 am

^Good point as well.

dsheinem wrote:
PresidentLeever wrote:Ok and can you point to where I say that it's because I'm on dial up? Yes, you can learn basic english and not being a douche for no reason.

you mad bro?

chillax: spill no anger over an online video game forum.

I tend to try to do concise 1 paragraph reviews most of the time. Then a couple of times a year at most, I’ll do a super in-depth thing. I think people read both *shrug*?

No that would be xeogred and exhuminator, who tried to misrepresent me because they don't like the differing opinion. So maybe tell them to chill instead? Thanks.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 am

PresidentLeever wrote:No that would be xeogred and exhuminator, who tried to misrepresent me because they don't like the differing opinion. So maybe tell them to chill instead? Thanks.

I never talked to you, about you, or even responded to you, period. Leave me out of your assumptions and negative behavior.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming