AJ's backlog challenge - choose a game for me to beat!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

AJ's backlog challenge - choose a game for me to beat!

Post by alienjesus »

Hi all,

My backlog is getting fairly sizeable, and I'm not always good at focusing myself on games I've purchased in a timely fashion. So, I'm going to let you guys choose which ones I should prioritise for me!

Here's the rules:

1. Go to my backloggery page https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=Alienjesus&status=1 and choose a game that you'd like to see me beat.

2. 1 game per person please! At some point once I've worked the list down, I may reopen submissions to allow a second game choice per person, but I want to focus on everyones first picks first!

3. Be reasonable. There's no reason you can't choose a 80 hour RPG or a super hard shmup, but if there are already lots of long RPGs and difficult shmups on my list, I'd appreciate it if you consider another option - the more diverse my list is, the quicker I'll get through it! Of course, if you absolutely insist that I HAVE to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'll still accept it!

4. There's no real time limit for this, but I aim to start soon and run this as a challenge all the way through 2018. I won't play games in any particular order, but if I add second choices, I'll try and beat all of the first choices before moving on.

Here's the link again, I'm looking forward to seeing what choices you guys make: https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=Alienjesus&status=1

Choices:
1. Star Control 2 (3DO) - MrPopo
2. Dynamite Cop (DC) - Ack
3. Portal 2 (360) - Noiseredux
4. Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi (GBA) - Exhuminator
5. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC) - Michi
6. Crystalis (NES) - Sarge
7. Shenmue 2 (DC) - BogusMeatFactory
8. Suikoden (PSN) - Markies
9. Dead or Alive 2 (XBox) - Pierrot
10. Shinobi (3DS) - Gunstar Green
11. Seiken Densetsu 3 - Xeogred
12. Resident Evil Revelations - Elkinfencer10
13. Ecco: The Tides of Time - Keyglyph
14. Rhythm Tengoku - Dunpeal
15. Jet Set Radio Future - SamuraiMegas
16. ActRaiser - Nert
Last edited by alienjesus on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 am, edited 21 times in total.
MrPopo

Re: AJ's backlog challenge - choose a game for me to beat!

Post by MrPopo »

Edit: Originally I said "Obviously the answer is: The Legend of Zelda - NES". But then I talked with AJ and apparently that's a case of him having the original cart unbeaten, while he has actually beaten the game.

So that in mind, I vote Star Control 2.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Knock out Spyro the Dragon for PlayStation. It's pretty easy and fairly short. You should be able to finish it off quick, and you'll feel better about eliminating something from your backlog.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Portal 2. It's not terribly long, but it is terribly awesome.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Fire Emblem Fuuin No Tsurugi. The schadenfreude will be delicious.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Ack wrote:Knock out Spyro the Dragon for PlayStation. It's pretty easy and fairly short. You should be able to finish it off quick, and you'll feel better about eliminating something from your backlog.

I concur with Ack. I think this would be a good choice to start off with.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:
Ack wrote:Knock out Spyro the Dragon for PlayStation. It's pretty easy and fairly short. You should be able to finish it off quick, and you'll feel better about eliminating something from your backlog.

I concur with Ack. I think this would be a good choice to start off with.

I have no problems with this, but are you sure you don't want to take advantage of the fact Ack already chose it to choose another game you like too?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Honestly, it was the first one to pop out to me.

Though I will say, if you want to jump between games a little, either the N64 or Gamecube Mario Gulf games would also be a great choice.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:Honestly, it was the first one to pop out to me.

Though I will say, if you want to jump between games a little, either the N64 or Gamecube Mario Gulf games would also be a great choice.

I've beaten the N64 and GBA ones, but I still need to play the Gamecube, GBC and 3DS ones. Seeing as GC was on your list, I'll put that down!

Ill be sure to finish Spyro first ;)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I'll let you stay away from the really long RPGs (it's so tempting to suggest Dragon Quest VIII or Grandia II) and go with Crystalis.