AJ's backlog challenge - choose a game for me to beat!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: AJ's backlog challenge - choose a game for me to beat!

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Resident Evil: Revelations fer sher
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I don't mean to take away from AJ, but I think he has a long list of games to play and I think the thread has cooled off some...

But, I rather enjoyed this idea and I was thinking that we should do like an official thread.

A Recommendations Thread

Much like AJ, if people are stuck on what to play or just to get some opinions, we can have other people do the same thing as AJ.

Or, if people are looking to buy games as well. Other members could recommend games based on their play style or the games that they like to go check out and discover new titles.

Or, even if somebody is playing a game and other people could recommend a new style or strategy or maybe a challenge to that particular game. Some tactic or new way that they had never heard of.

Put it all in one thread that people can ask questions and get some help out from others.

It's an idea that popped into my head that I wanted to bring up with the other members...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Markies wrote:I don't mean to take away from AJ, but I think he has a long list of games to play and I think the thread has cooled off some...

But, I rather enjoyed this idea and I was thinking that we should do like an official thread.

A Recommendations Thread

Much like AJ, if people are stuck on what to play or just to get some opinions, we can have other people do the same thing as AJ.

Or, if people are looking to buy games as well. Other members could recommend games based on their play style or the games that they like to go check out and discover new titles.

Or, even if somebody is playing a game and other people could recommend a new style or strategy or maybe a challenge to that particular game. Some tactic or new way that they had never heard of.

Put it all in one thread that people can ask questions and get some help out from others.

It's an idea that popped into my head that I wanted to bring up with the other members...

I say let's do it! Although it is important that those seeking recommendations have a viewable list online of their catalog of unbeaten games.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I almost want to volunteer myself, just to make people go through my list of unbeaten games. :twisted:

I feel like the recommendation thread in the RPG subforums didn't fair all that well, though. Maybe it would be different in the general forums, but I think without someone maintaining a main post with forum members who are looking for recommendations, and links to their unfinished games, the nature of the average thread won't really support that idea too well.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Markies wrote:A Recommendations Thread

It's a good idea. A new popular thread would be nice.

If it doesn't happen, then I just recommend everyone play King's Field.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Everyone posts their giant backlog list then we get to comment on it? Sure haha.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:Everyone posts their giant backlog list then we get to comment on it? Sure haha.

Maybe not list their entire unplayed library. But rather create a pool of however many games they're most interested in playing, then let the community make suggestions.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Late to the party, but AJ, I want to give you a choice between two for my contribution:

Ecco the Dolphin: The Tides of Time
OR
Rhythm Tengoku

Sorry if someone else picked either or both of these; I'm about to head to bed and am too tired to read through the whole thread, but I'm afraid if I don't post right this split second I never will.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Key-Glyph wrote:Late to the party, but AJ, I want to give you a choice between two for my contribution:

Ecco the Dolphin: The Tides of Time
OR
Rhythm Tengoku

Sorry if someone else picked either or both of these; I'm about to head to bed and am too tired to read through the whole thread, but I'm afraid if I don't post right this split second I never will.

Rhythm Tengoku will be such an easy and quick experience for me (I've beaten the other 3 games in the series before, and I can imagine the GBA one being a sunday afternoon quick beat) that I'll take the masochist route and take on Ecco 2 I reckon! It's time to finish that one!
Ack

Post by Ack »

You beat Spyro yet?