What's Your Gaming Achilles' Heel?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: What's Your Gaming Achilles' Heel?

Post by alienjesus »

Yeah, for me, the realism of these games graphics now make me very distinctly uncomfortable with the hyper violence on display. I've never enjoyed gorey movies either. I first noticed the issue a few years back when every trailer seemed to have someone being stabbed in the face, and I just... didn't want to play any of them
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Ack wrote:Pierrot, your issue with FPS and looking at the ceiling...are you using an optic mouse? They sometimes do that on their own. Also, some FPS feature weapons or roles where accuracy is less important...flamethrowers or spray and pray weapons sound like they'd be more your speed. I tend to favor them for crowd control over single shot precision weapons in FPS games myself

I guess I don't really remember if I've ever used a trackball mouse in an FPS, but I've used trackpads and optical mice in KB&M situations. Aren't all the gaming mice optical?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

pierrot wrote:
Ack wrote:Pierrot, your issue with FPS and looking at the ceiling...are you using an optic mouse? They sometimes do that on their own. Also, some FPS feature weapons or roles where accuracy is less important...flamethrowers or spray and pray weapons sound like they'd be more your speed. I tend to favor them for crowd control over single shot precision weapons in FPS games myself

I guess I don't really remember if I've ever used a trackball mouse in an FPS, but I've used trackpads and optical mice in KB&M situations. Aren't all the gaming mice optical?

I had an older, cheaper optical mouse that used to do that ALL the time in every FPS I played. With the last corded Logitec one and the current cordless Logitec I'm using, however, I've never experienced the problem. They're both fairly cheap models as well, only like $25 or $35. Not any crazy Razor gaming mouse nonsense.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I mean, I just kind of suck at video games in general, but I guess if I had to pick a specific Achilles' Heel, it would probably be time trials. Because I'm bad at video games, I usually screw up hard if I try to rush stuff.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

Precise button combos - I suck at that. So that makes most fighting games a no-go for me.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
HiSpec
8-bit

Post by HiSpec »

I can't stand anything stealth-related. I just don't have the patience for it beyond a few minutes.

And timers! Does anybody actually like having a time limit? It makes things too tense in a not-fun way.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I am terrible at rhythm games. TERRIBLE
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
yaktaur
8-bit

Post by yaktaur »

Games with time limits. The idea that you have to do something within a certain time frame stresses me out and just shuts down my interest.

I'm looking at you Majora's Mask...
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

This is kinda silly but:

Starting a new game. For some reason, I get super stressed out trying a new game. I go through all this "Do I want to commit this many hours to this? I should be playing this classic game that I never played. What if I don't like it, or I am bad at it?"

I don't know why it happens. Whenever I do just sit down and pop something in, I always have a good time, and it doesn't bother me much to just not finish a game. But I always get this anxiousness when I go to jump into something brand new. Its much worse for any newer games, which tend to have several mechanics I have to wrap my head around.
Hlan1209

Post by Hlan1209 »

Stealth