Your fave 7th Gen games (PS3/360/Wii only)

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Re: Your fave 7th Gen games (PS3/360/Wii only)

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I have a lot of unplayed games from this gen (I've gotten a lot of cheap PS3 games haha), but I'll just go over what I've enjoyed so far.

In no particular order:

Wii
Baroque
Excite Truck
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Okami
Super Mario Galaxy
Trauma Center: New Blood
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Team
Warioware: Smooth Moves
We Ski and Snowboard

PS3
Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match
Atelier Ayesha (there's a billion Atelier games but this is my favourite so far)
Burnout Paradise
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd
Nier
Steins;Gate
Tales of Xillia (didn't enjoy the sequel though)

Some of them aren't going to be for everyone (like Baroque), but that's the stuff that I've enjoyed so far.
Raz
16-bit

Post by Raz »

I don't know anything about the PS3 or the Xbox 360, so it's all Wii titles, in no particular order.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Galaxy
Klonoa
Xenoblade Chronicles
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Fortune Street
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I own a lot of PS3, 360, and Wii games. But I haven't played through even 25% of them yet. However, of the ones I have finished, these are the top 3 for each system so far:

PS3
Atelier Rorona Plus Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish

Wii
Endless Ocean
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic Colors

Xbox 360
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect
Red Dead Redemption

Of those 9 games, I'd say Red Dead Redemption was my favorite. But I should mention I'm a strong fan of westerns.

Edit: Demon's Souls
Last edited by Exhuminator on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

For the record, I have a few multi-platform titles on here. I'm just gonna throw them under the console I have them for. Also if I didn't do that, I'd have almost nothing for 360, and we can't have that :P

PS3

- Yakuza (Haven't played enough of them to say for sure which one I like best, but all of them with the exception of 6 are on the PS3 in Japan, so I'm just including it on here generally :P ) : It's like a Streets of Rage RPG meets Yakuza dramas. It's amazing and brutal with immensely satsifying action, and I love it to death.
- Infamous 2 : My personal favorite "do the missions in the city"-style of game. Great fun combat and a fantastic story as well.
- L.A. Noire : Phoenix Wright meets 1940's Americana and it's exactly as awesome as it sounds.
- Nier : My favorite 3D action RPG ever, although it would appear that Automata may very well be taking that title soon!
- Rayman Legends : If Woolly World is the standing champ of 8th gen modern platformers (if we're going to be sticklers on where it is gen-wise :P ), Rayman Legends/Origins definitely take the cake on 7th gen by quite a fair ways
- Tales of Graces f : My favorite Tales game I've played so far. I absolutely loved all the characters, the villain was great, and the combat system was crazy fun as well.

Wii

- Castlevania Judgment : A very fun 3D-fighter with a great, campy theme. Perhaps not the best balanced fighter in the world, but fantastic fun to play for even this non-fighting game fan.
- Ghostbusters the Video Game : The other console versions may have prettier graphics, but not only the does somewhat deformed graphics style here still look nice, this one is the only one with a co-op campaign mode! A great addition to the franchise (essentially a 3rd movie), and a very fun shooter.
- Fortune Street : Monopoly with a stock market, more or less, and it actually makes that game a good deal of fun. The Dragon Quest and Mario licenses make this a very fun game, albeit a bit of a long and technical one for a party game.
- Punch Out!! : A fantastic and proper update to the original. This is like, THE way to do a modern revival of an old series.
- Mario Party 9 : Nintendo really needed to reinvent the wheel after they lost Hudson Soft to make Mario Party titles, and I think they did a damn good job. 10 is definitely better, but 9 is a fantastic re-imagining of the series and makes it an actually fun party game (as opposed to before where skill basically made the person who owned the game always win, so no one ever wanted to play).

Xbox 360

- Blur : My favorite non-Nintendo racer I've ever played. It's fast, it's arcadey, and the powerups are very technical. A fantastic game with an intense sense of speed.
- Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom : The best non-Nintendo Zelda game I've ever played, and also perhaps my favorite adventure game of this generation, as you'll notice none of the Wii Zeldas made my list :lol:
- Binary Domain - If Yakuza were a shooter, I suppose it'd be this (or Dead Souls, probably :P ). Fantastically meaty combat against robots who die in a very pleasingly dynamic way. Great fun.
- Dishonored : The successor that the original Thief series deserved. A fantastic action/stealth game that is oozing atmosphere in spades.
- Blood Bowl : It's not a perfect game by any means, nor is it a perfect version of that game, but DAMN do I love me some Blood Bowl. I like the variety and AI teams in Legendary Edition on PC better, but this version is damn good as well, as it has all the races you really need, tbh.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Even when I was kind of over city sandbox games, I played both the Infamous games a bit later just a few years ago and yeah, I really enjoyed both and they held up very well. Great controls, writing, stories, characters, etc. Solid exclusives.

Should we exclude cross gen releases and consider that they only count for the current platforms? IE, it's kind of weird to remember stuff like The Phantom Pain, Evil Within, Alien Isolation, etc all released on the 360/PS3 ... and then throwing PC in the mix is kind of tricky. But I guess I could look over the years and work on a list of top three games per system and the PC. Unless this thread is going to be consoles only, though I replayed so many of my favorite 360 FPS's on PC over the years it all blends in. I guess that's kind of moot and I loved them my first time around on the 360 anyways. I'll cook up a list.

But it's always been very easy for me to list my favorite three amazingly consistent trilogies:

- Demon's Souls / Dark Souls 1-2
- Mass Effect 1-3
- Dead Space 1-3
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Hmm as I played much of this gen on PC as well, makes it a little tougher for me. I will include them if they had a console release as well...

Mass Effect Series (I will count these as one entry) - Loved this series, played each one right at launch until completion

Last of Us - Great cinematics, story, and journey. Another game I didn't want to put down.

Rock Band series - May not be a popular choice here, but this was great to play with wife and friends, we put many hours into this and was our group and party game for several years.

Gears of War series - The first game was really what showed what "next-gen" was about. I know some hate the mechanics and the macho-bro themes, but I enjoyed these.

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 - These 2 games were awesome FPS games that had pretty good solo offerings and great competitive and cooperative multiplayer options.

Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening (played on PC) - I had waited for this game for years. The next Bioware Baldur's Gate / NWN type games but without the D&D license. All around great experiences, character development, gameplay etc... I actually still like DA 2, but just not as much as the first.

Fallout 3 (Played on PC) - Took the Fallout franchise is a new Bethesda direction. Has its flaws, and I normally don't care for open worlds that much, but this hooked me in.

XCOM Enemy Unknown (played on PC) - Played through this one twice, before and after Enemy Within. Great tactics game with the added tension of losing characters who have survived many missions. While these characters don't have an in game story, they flesh themselves and create a story of their own as they survive from battle to battle.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

Keep 'em coming guys, last gen was one I really got disillusioned with and so missed a lot of. I have about 20-40 games for each of the 3 major consoles but I am definitely interested in building a good collection up for each now that the mainstream interest (and prices) are trending down.

Edit: I do have to mention a couple overlooked favorites here though, I'll try to avoid any already mentioned.

Viva Pinata (360/PC) - A game that's easy to dismiss from the art and cutesy aesthetic, this is my pick for most overlooked game last gen. As odd as it seems now, this is the game where I really saw the 'next-gen' coming into its own. The customization of your garden, the dynamic encounters and interactions of the pinatas, it was subtle, but it was far beyond anything I'd seen previously, especially coupled with the excellent (and well-aged) visuals.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Wii/DS) - You can swap this with the first Geometry wars on 360 really, both had killer visuals that perfectly complimented one of the best twin-stick shooters of the new millennium. I have no issue with the control of either game (though using a mouse on PC with Grid Wars is far ahead of either console), and the difficulty can be tweaked and gradually ramps up so that anyone can get in on the action.

As an aside, don't forget imports! 7th gen imports may even warrant their own thread. The only ones I have are the Darkstalkers and D&D (Tower of Doom, Mystara) collections on PS3 and I love em.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

My faves are:

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles
Yakuza 4
Demon's Souls
Gran Turismo 6
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Call of Duty: World at War
The Last of Us
Lost in the Rain
Red Dead Redemption
Burnout Paradise

XBOX 360:
Mushihimesama Futari
Ketsui
Raiden IV
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou
Espgaluda II

Wii:
Fragile Dreams
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Skyward Sword
Opoona
Pandora's Tower
Mario Galaxy
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Man... let's spice it up.

I'm going to catch some flack for this, or a least some surprise, but looking back my favorite Wii game was probably The Conduit.

Now it looks like an oXbox Halo clone, but when it came out it was just different. The control customization was amazing. Point and shoot on a FPS done right. You could be EXTREMELY accurate and it felt satisfying. There was also a very solid online following for death match and capture the flag.

This map had a great layout for team DM:

The campaign wasn't bad either. Little bit of a generic Masonic conspiracy theory going on with aliens but just campy enough to not take itself serious.

This is the most fun I've had online in a game behind Halo 2 back in the day :D. The Conduit 2 definitely looks better, had a bigger budget, and the same great controls but by that point my interest in the system was starting to fade.

Sure, there's some weird nostalgia as I was in college with tons of free time. Many a Keystone were drank past midnight climbing the online ranks with my roommates in this one :lol: