Games Acquired 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Games Acquired 2017

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

As our resident maker of extraordinarily bad and/or financially irresponsible decisions, I've taken the liberty of starting this year's thread for games acquired. Take heart in the knowledge that your debt is less your-own-damn-fault-crippling than mine! :oops:

Those in italics are digital games; those in standard font are physical. Anything crossed out has since been sold and is out of my collection, but I'm keeping those counted towards the YTD count since I did acquire them this year.

Acquired Year-to-Date: 6 Games; 0 physical, 6 digital

January (6 Games Acquired; 0 physical, 6 digital)
Ys Book 1 & 2 (TGCD via Wii VC)
Heavy Fire: Black Arms (WiiWare)
Heavy Fire: Special Operations (WiiWare)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (WiiWare)
Onslaught (WiiWare)
Contra Rebirth (WiiWare)

New for January 1
Ys Book 1 & 2 (TGCD via Wii VC)
Heavy Fire: Black Arms (WiiWare)
Heavy Fire: Special Operations (WiiWare)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (WiiWare)
Onslaught (WiiWare)
Contra Rebirth (WiiWare)
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2017

Post by jmbarnes101 »

The intro is great. Was there a sale on Wiiware or just buying stuff before it's gone? What did you do to get points? There are a few things I'd like to get before they lock access. I haven't heard anything but I figure it's only a matter of time.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I do wish that storefront would get one final sale.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I just bought 5000 points from the storefront with a credit card. There wasn't a sale or anything, and I've not heard anything about plans to shut it down; I just wanted to snag the Ys 1&2 for TGCD on the VC since it'll be a long while before I manage to get the CD add-on and a legit copy of the game. Figured I'd go ahead and buy some other WiiWare titles that sounded interesting.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

First three games I paid for in 2017:
BNIB $23

BNIB $19

BNIB $16

I'll try to be more active in this thread this year. It's fun to see what people buy.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I bet Elkin bought more than everyone combined last year.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:I bet Elkin bought more than everyone combined last year.

That's...a distinct possibility. :oops: I'm going to be smarter about my money this year, I swear! I think...

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'll be buying far fewer digital games this year. Most of my digital want list was decimated in 2016, and with this aging PC most new-ish and upcoming Steam games won't run.

And, this is somewhat embarrassing, but I didn't know that I could access the Wii VC, or still get WiiWare games, until a recent convo with Elkin. I never used that service when the Wii was in its prime and figured that those games would have migrated to the eShop. Guess not.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I have tons of stuff coming up because of how all crazy good holiday sales but more on those when i actually get them.

The first and only "delivered game" is Undertale from the steam sale. There were more things i would have liked to pick up from the sale (one other thing that i did get earlier was FF9) but my wallet was already crying and i really need a new chair before i can play PC games again so all the games i could have potentially gotten would have just gathered virtual dust so it was better to leave them for later date.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I'll be buying far fewer digital games this year. Most of my digital want list was decimated in 2016, and with this aging PC most new-ish and upcoming Steam games won't run.

And, this is somewhat embarrassing, but I didn't know that I could access the Wii VC, or still get WiiWare games, until a recent convo with Elkin. I never used that service when the Wii was in its prime and figured that those games would have migrated to the eShop. Guess not.

I'm going to be pissed if Nintendo doesn't migrate the U shop over to the Switch. Three shops... that'll be terrible. My faith in Nintendo and online functionality is at about 0% though, so I'm not very optmistic about how they'll handle it. Come on Nintendo!

That's how I played and own Rondo of Blood, since the TG16 library on the Wii shop is pretty awesome.