All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Games Acquired 2017
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

As our resident maker of extraordinarily bad and/or financially irresponsible decisions, I've taken the liberty of starting this year's thread for games acquired. Take heart in the knowledge that your debt is less your-own-damn-fault-crippling than mine! :oops:

Those in italics are digital games; those in standard font are physical. Anything crossed out has since been sold and is out of my collection, but I'm keeping those counted towards the YTD count since I did acquire them this year.

Acquired Year-to-Date: 6 Games; 0 physical, 6 digital

January (6 Games Acquired; 0 physical, 6 digital)
Ys Book 1 & 2 (TGCD via Wii VC)
Heavy Fire: Black Arms (WiiWare)
Heavy Fire: Special Operations (WiiWare)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (WiiWare)
Onslaught (WiiWare)
Contra Rebirth (WiiWare)

New for January 1
Ys Book 1 & 2 (TGCD via Wii VC)
Heavy Fire: Black Arms (WiiWare)
Heavy Fire: Special Operations (WiiWare)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (WiiWare)
Onslaught (WiiWare)
Contra Rebirth (WiiWare)

Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Games Acquired 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 am 
Next-Gen

The intro is great. Was there a sale on Wiiware or just buying stuff before it's gone? What did you do to get points? There are a few things I'd like to get before they lock access. I haven't heard anything but I figure it's only a matter of time.

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 am 
Next-Gen

I do wish that storefront would get one final sale.

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C.S. Lewis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:12 am 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

I just bought 5000 points from the storefront with a credit card. There wasn't a sale or anything, and I've not heard anything about plans to shut it down; I just wanted to snag the Ys 1&2 for TGCD on the VC since it'll be a long while before I manage to get the CD add-on and a legit copy of the game. Figured I'd go ahead and buy some other WiiWare titles that sounded interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:20 am 
Next-Gen

First three games I paid for in 2017:
BNIB $23

BNIB $19

BNIB $16

I'll try to be more active in this thread this year. It's fun to see what people buy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 am 
Next-Gen

I bet Elkin bought more than everyone combined last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:47 am 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

Xeogred wrote:
I bet Elkin bought more than everyone combined last year.

That's...a distinct possibility. :oops: I'm going to be smarter about my money this year, I swear! I think...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:43 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

I'll be buying far fewer digital games this year. Most of my digital want list was decimated in 2016, and with this aging PC most new-ish and upcoming Steam games won't run.

And, this is somewhat embarrassing, but I didn't know that I could access the Wii VC, or still get WiiWare games, until a recent convo with Elkin. I never used that service when the Wii was in its prime and figured that those games would have migrated to the eShop. Guess not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:02 pm 
16-bit

I have tons of stuff coming up because of how all crazy good holiday sales but more on those when i actually get them.

The first and only "delivered game" is Undertale from the steam sale. There were more things i would have liked to pick up from the sale (one other thing that i did get earlier was FF9) but my wallet was already crying and i really need a new chair before i can play PC games again so all the games i could have potentially gotten would have just gathered virtual dust so it was better to leave them for later date.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm 
Next-Gen

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
I'll be buying far fewer digital games this year. Most of my digital want list was decimated in 2016, and with this aging PC most new-ish and upcoming Steam games won't run.

And, this is somewhat embarrassing, but I didn't know that I could access the Wii VC, or still get WiiWare games, until a recent convo with Elkin. I never used that service when the Wii was in its prime and figured that those games would have migrated to the eShop. Guess not.

I'm going to be pissed if Nintendo doesn't migrate the U shop over to the Switch. Three shops... that'll be terrible. My faith in Nintendo and online functionality is at about 0% though, so I'm not very optmistic about how they'll handle it. Come on Nintendo!

That's how I played and own Rondo of Blood, since the TG16 library on the Wii shop is pretty awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next