Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by MrPopo Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:43 am

Exhuminator wrote:That H:ZD kicks ass, that's it's a thoroughly modern action-adventure-RPG, and that I'd rather play it then BotW.

Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post. Everything he said is true and I still put the game down for Zelda.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:13 am

MrPopo wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:That H:ZD kicks ass, that's it's a thoroughly modern action-adventure-RPG, and that I'd rather play it then BotW.

Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post. Everything he said is true and I still put the game down for Zelda.

I did prefer playing it over BotW...but then immediately last night picked up BotW again since I had finished the main campaign in H:ZD.

BotW is a charming game and an exceedingly excellent Zelda title in its own right, but H:ZD just offers a lot more refinement of some similar mechanics, a brand new world to explore with a compelling story that drives you to do so, etc. It is hard for me not to compare them, but I thought Popo did a good job explaining his take on their different approaches to the open world here. (I would disagree that H:ZD has only "light traversal" though, and I think its lines of sight are even more compelling towards exploration than BotW.)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:36 am

I think both games are great. I don't know why some folks feel the need to deride one in favor of another. You can have your cake and eat it too.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 am

Horizon looks amazing but probably not Zelda's level for me. For me personally Nioh, Nier, and Yakuza 0, and maybe Prey are bigger priorities. But for a new IP it looks incredible. What an onslaught. Anyone who still thinks this gen isn't good... I don't even know man. 2016 was amazing and 2017 already looks better.

I'm not really feeling the hype for Mass Effect Andromeda even though I loved the trilogy last gen. Even if it doesn't stick the landing, in this onslaught of S+ games it probably won't even bother me. A bit more skeptical "wait and see" mode on that one for me.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am

MrPopo wrote:Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post.

I derived it from him writing this:
dsheinem wrote:I have even been generally uninterested in the also-excellent Breath of the Wild because I wanted to keep moving through this game more than pick up my Switch.

Which meant that he preferred H:ZD over BotW, as I believe I also would.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 am

Exhuminator wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post.

I derived it from him writing this:
dsheinem wrote:I have even been generally uninterested in the also-excellent Breath of the Wild because I wanted to keep moving through this game more than pick up my Switch.

Which meant that he preferred H:ZD over BotW, as I believe I also would.

Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective? You clearly made your mind up long ago. It's ok though. Everyone has their tastes and preferences.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:28 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective?

Because at the time I was the only one here saying as such. So it was nice to see another member express the same sentiment after having access to both games.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am

Exhuminator wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective?

Because at the time I was the only one here saying as such. So it was nice to see another member express the same sentiment after having access to both games.

I have heard lots of praise for both games and rightfully so. Both are spectacular.

Ack

by Ack Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 am

All those games you guys like suck. Except for Pong. Pong is love. Pong is life.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I have heard lots of praise for both games and rightfully so. Both are spectacular.

And I simply prefer one over the other. That doesn't equate to me saying BotW sucks. It's quite obviously a life affirming astoundingly amazing day one system selling blow your mind into itty bitty pieces Zelda of the century.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming